Headers for a 69 BB

LastC3

We're working on a big block 69 4 speed project .... the customer wants long tube headers ... but not finding a lot of options .... the 4 speed being one of the issues ..... I see lots of guys doing shorty tube manifold replacements from the likes of McJacks etc .... oh yeah .. no side pipes .... any ideas .??? :thankyou:

Doug Thorley has a no side pipe tri Y .... for the small block :banghead

Thanks guys .... appears most of the guys are using the shorties .... we'll have to see how the customer wants to proceed at this point ....

Bromley's Corvettes

I have used the Hooker Super Comps they are full leanth. The shortys are not much better then stock they are real small. If hes not looking to make any kind of power they will be ok.

Final Effort

Wow $548.00 for a set of Hooker Headers. I remember when we sold them at the shop for $69.00 for JR's and $109. for Hookers.

• 2 weeks later...

If you need help welding up your exhaust, let me know. I've done a few and am willig to offer up my services.

We're working on a big block 69 4 speed project .... the customer wants long tube headers ... but not finding a lot of options .... the 4 speed being one of the issues ..... I see lots of guys doing shorty tube manifold replacements from the likes of McJacks etc .... oh yeah .. no side pipes ....

any ideas .??? :thankyou:

I had a BB 69 and I used Headman because I was trying to save some cash. Should have went with the Hooker SuperComps. Make sure the primary tubes aren't too big. I believe the Headmans were 2 1/8. Did not leave much room for the plugs. I burnt through plenty of wires as there was less than 1/4" clearance on some of the plugs. Nowadays they have plug covers but the best I could do then was headerwrap. I've used Supercomps on 65 GTO and they are that much better than the cheap ones. They also sound better due to the thicker wall of the tubes; less tinny and more throaty.

We ordered the Hookers ... hopefully will be here shortly as the engine's about complete .... will keep you'll posted.....