classic Glass

jack52r

A friend up the street just bought my beloved C-4. He did not know I had it or the c-5 all this time as they are always in the garage. I was not going to sell but found out he used to test the c-4 in the 1980's for GM. He is a gear head and has always wanted a vett. As nice as mine is I made it easy to buy as I know it will go to a very good home. The good news is that he is having a garage built for it and it will live in my garage until his is done. I get to say hello and pet it now and then. The other good news is that he intends to join ACE, and I may have some one to travel with to events. :ACE::banannarainbow::rockon2:

No warnings. Life is interesting with a few suprises now and then. Big Pappa's sig is just a sign of brotherly love, and unless we have had a tragic accident we all possess one one hidden in our hand shake. See ya's at the july lunch. :)

My sig is just a picture of my car... Jim's the nasty one.

Border Vette

My thanks to Jack for giving me the opportunity to purchase my first Vette! I can't wait to get in on one of the ACE rides to meet up with all my fellow Corvette enthusiasts. Unfortunately I will have to miss the one in July; my youngest son is shipping off to boot camp. The wife and I will see him off in Phoenix that weekend. Jerry

My thanks to Jack for giving me the opportunity to purchase my first Vette! I can't wait to get in on one of the ACE rides to meet up with all my fellow Corvette enthusiasts. Unfortunately I will have to miss the one in July; my youngest son is shipping off to boot camp. The wife and I will see him off in Phoenix that weekend.

Jerry

Not to hijack this thread but, Congratulations on your first Vette and give my thanks to your son for stepping up. Let me know when he comes home from Boot Camp and we can probably have some guys with Flags there to welcome him home..

http://www.patriotguard.org/ALLForums/tabid/61/view/topics/forumid/70/Default.aspx

Border Vette

My thanks to Jack for giving me the opportunity to purchase my first Vette! I can't wait to get in on one of the ACE rides to meet up with all my fellow Corvette enthusiasts. Unfortunately I will have to miss the one in July; my youngest son is shipping off to boot camp. The wife and I will see him off in Phoenix that weekend.

Jerry

Not to hijack this thread but, Congratulations on your first Vette and give my thanks to your son for stepping up. Let me know when he comes home from Boot Camp and we can probably have some guys with Flags there to welcome him home..

http://www.patriotguard.org/ALLForums/tabid/61/view/topics/forumid/70/Default.aspx

Thanks for the offer about my Son. That would be awesome, I know he would get a kick out of it! He has recently become a Corvette lover after I took him for his first ride in it last tuesday. We went to his recruiters office to take his PT test.

Jerry

Jerry

Guest badbobs95

Jerry

Tell your son the next time you see him that there are many people proud of him for his service. My son just retired after 20 years in the Navy and I can't tell you how I feel. There are no words. :flag

Border Vette

Jerry

Tell your son the next time you see him that there are many people proud of him for his service. My son just retired after 20 years in the Navy and I can't tell you how I feel. There are no words. :flag

Thanks badbobs95!

When I told him, he couldn't believe he was a topic on my Corvette forum. We are dropping him off later today and then in the morning he goes to MEPS to get sworn in and then he if off to boot camp. We are going to his graduation sometime in September.

Thanks to all for the support!

Jerry

This takes me back about 10 yrs. My Son shipped out for basic in July 01 and graduated two weeks after 9/11. We weren't sure we were going to be able to fly to OK for his graduation. Flew 2 days after they resumed flights. Tell you Son we thank him for his service. :flag:flag

WTG on hookin up a fellow gearhead with a Vette :) What boot camp is he shippin off to? (Army, Navy, USAF, Marines, ??) I could have joined the Armed Services, but I joined the USAF instead. It was almost like the real thing. -evil grin- Well..cept my dad wooda kilt me himself if I had joined the Army (I believed him) .. he worked for that Patton dood from D-Day to VE day then txferred to the USAF. He was a Msgt with some of the strangest medals for a USAF guy when he retired. Tell your son not to laugh in formation, no matter how silly the DI looks bobbin his head around checkin sideburns an the like. And if he is taller than the TI, *definitely* do NOT look down at him. Know how I know? -Frank

Border Vette

Thanks for all of the support! We dropped him off today, hopefully we will be able to see him sworn in tomorrow morning. He should be leaving tomorrow night or first thing Tuesday. He joined the Army and is headed to Fort Jackson, SC for his boot camp. If everything goes well, he will go to Virginia to learn how to work on helicopters. Jerry

Guest badbobs95

"LIKE" :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou::welcome:

Hey Marco, what are you doin in the classic glass section? The only classic thing you own is your butt :smilelol . That thing is a real classic :LolLol: