Glad to see this section

a66bbvet

Does this mean we are getting more older vets in the group. I thought, according to the survey we did a few months ago we only had Eddie and My C2s and the one C3. I would love to see more C1, C2, and C3s and see us get together for some activities. After all the older ones have a little problem running 70-80 mph for extended period just to keep up with the C5 & C6. Not that we can't run that fast but just takes alot of gas, at least on my 427 with 370 rear gear. At 3000 rpm I am only running 60 mph. I have driven mine at over 130 mph but would not care do it for an extened period of time.

Start rounding them up, I would love to see this section take off. If it does get active here we'll look at making individual sections as needed by generation.

Bromley's Corvettes

I would also love to see this section take off. I own a 80 Pro Street and a 81 Hot Rod. I love C-3s and C-2s. I have some C-3 customers that say they dont join because the site looks like its for C-5s and 6s. I tell them the more C-3s that join it wont look like a C-5 and 6 site lol. I would be cool to have a C-2 and 3 section or maybe 1s and 2s and 3s and 4 all in one into it grows then separte sections. I will donate lots of pix and info for a C-3 section.

I've always thought it would fun to have a C2/C3 cruise around the Freeways with stops for lunch or other reasons. The one rule would be that C5/C6 would have to stay behind the "vintage fiberglass". Anyone that passes the C2/C3 gets fined a buck or something. Just an idea!

How about I just put In 10 bucks and be able to enjoy the cruise?

beat me to it ...... course i wouldn't have used the hearts and mushie stuff like you did ... :partydance:

I've always thought it would fun to have a C2/C3 cruise around the Freeways with stops for lunch or other reasons. The one rule would be that C5/C6 would have to stay behind the "vintage fiberglass". Anyone that passes the C2/C3 gets fined a buck or something. Just an idea!

and every time a C2/C3/C4 has any of the following they have to give up a buck;

-car overheats

-Driver overheats

-When the phrase "Numbers matching" is uttered.

-failles to start

-When the phrase "NCRS or Top Flight" is spoken

-Drops something while driving (tires, exhaust, oil, steering Clim, ya know the little stuff)

-Every time some one says "I got one just like this when I was a kid and the North won over the South"

- "Build sheet, or Tank sticker"

:D

Bromley's Corvettes

With the right rad and thermostate and fan they can run cool enough to drive anywhere. The A/C can be made to work well and when you have a top notch cooling system it works much better. If you go over the whole car and check everything and use the right fuilds noting will fall off or leak lol. They dont have any trouble starting when they run cool and the heat guys complan about getting in side like through the center console goes away when you have the right cooling system. A top notch cooling system fixes a lot of problems.

Not all older vettes are as slow as they look just like their owners may not be as dumb as we look (well in my case I am as dumb as I look). The C5 and C6 owners need to know what under the hoods of some of our older vettes before they put us out to pasture. Mine is a good example and I have a friend in FGCC with a '82 that has a 480 hp 383 stroker. Old doesn't necessary mean slow, it usually just means cared for! :thumbs

beat me to it ...... course i wouldn't have used the hearts and mushie stuff like you did ... :partydance:

aww - shucks ya'll :facepalm:

Bromley's Corvettes

Ya I have a 80 with 1100h.p but thats a exstream exsample of a crazy C-3 when time and money means nothing lol. There are some nice Classic vettes around town but stock ones are not so great lol. The avarge C-3 only has about 200h.p so even a mini van can beat it lol. I am building a 65 for a customer with a 435h.p 355c.i and 4-speed and 355 rear gear so its going to run real well for a 65. It also has a new alum rad and high flow water pump and flex fan so it can be driven in the summer.

I am building a 65 for a customer with a 435h.p 355c.i and 4-speed and 355 rear gear so its going to run real well for a 65. It also has a new alum rad and high flow water pump and flex fan so it can be driven in the summer.

Nice upgrade!

You better post some pics of that build!

Great topic, It's a C3, 327 300hp It's old and classic but it's only the way it looks and the looks we get out of it. Put the top down and have a great time. after all it's a classic Corvette. One ACE member of the family.

post-602-017231500 1308693800.jpg

Bromley's Corvettes

Hears some pix of Davids 65 Vette with a 435h.p 355c.i and 4-speed and 355 gears.

Bromley's Corvettes

Some pix of a 81 we just finished. We rebuilt the front susp with urathan bushings and new springs and KYB shocks and rack and pinion and new calipers and pads and drilled and slotted rotors. We also installed long tube headers and built a new true dual exhaust system for it.

VERY cool Doug. This is exactly what the Classic section needs, a drool factor! Nice work! :thumbs

Yours don't count. It's a c4 with a c6 transplant. We were talking c2/c3.

And I've been on lots of ace runs. The few times a c2 or c3 joined us, they were anchored at the back of the pack and arrived a long time after the rest of us. I'm putting no one to pasture, just being realistic. If you want a slow cruise with old cars, awesome. I'm just breakin balls.

Not all older vettes are as slow as they look just like their owners may not be as dumb as we look (well in my case I am as dumb as I look). The C5 and C6 owners need to know what under the hoods of some of our older vettes before they put us out to pasture. Mine is a good example and I have a friend in FGCC with a '82 that has a 480 hp 383 stroker. Old doesn't necessary mean slow, it usually just means cared for! :thumbs