Teh New Section

Desertdawg

I thought they built the C-5s cause they wanted to beat the Porsche's for a change....

True, and I think it worked at LeMans, no?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bromley's Corvettes

• C4orce2

• Bigfoot

I may be getting old, but I'm not classic yet. :toetap

Isn't your vette almost old enough for those classic AZ plates ??? :bolt:

IMHO. C5s & C6s. Are like ACE Holes, Everyone has one. It's hard to tell the pavilions from Van Chev. There are so many. LOL. Former C4. Owner.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be cool to have a C-3 section. Everything about C-3s. Dont really think C-4s are classics. I think there are a lot of C-3 owners on ace that dont post because the site has so much C-5 and 6 info all the time. It makes it look like threes not much interest in classics. More pix and talk about C-3s would help. If there was only someone on ace that works on C-3s all the time that could help lol. If there was a easy way to post lots of pix I would post all the time. I have even offered to pay to make ace easy to post pix on.

I Agree, I love my C-3 it has been my dream car since I was a kid, and to now own my fallen Heroes, MSgt Randy Gillespie’s car it is even more important to me have it perfect. That is why when I can get the money saved up to rebuild and hop-up the engine I will be coming to see you Mr. Bromely.

Best thing about the classic cars I can do most of the work myself.

post-2109-074077000 1360599676.jpg

I looked into it in the past and it was taking a lot of work to put the pix on my site then post them on ace.

That's the way I do it and it takes seconds.

Bromley's Corvettes

Sounds like I need a new web guy or my site set up in a different way. I have heard it should be easy. I have also been told I have unlimited band with so no limit on how many photos.

• 7 months later...

OK, I have to jump into this one! I am new to the club and joined to get as much info and help I could to get My '82 back into shape Yes the C5 and C6s are wonderful cars BUT...you have to be able to look back and see what came before and truly see the beauty and art and sculpture that was the C3 body style. I have owned C1,2 and 3 corvettes over the years and have always been amazed at what these cars could do with the technology of the time. We drove some mean ass vettes and did it on bias ply tires! So to all the C5.6 folks I say unplug your ABS, reduce your tire with by 1/2, put in sway bars that are half the diameter, and turn off the traction control and I will show you how my 400 horse does against yours. We can show you how it really is like to have to drive a vette and be one with the car! No computer to correct YOUR mistakes! So as a FUNUGY I say STOP ALL THE HATING! Life is too short. I started with a Stingray bike and will drive a Stingray till the day I die!

I think you will find that even though there are way more C5's and C6's on here, there is no hate for the older generations (Larry's C4 is excluded)..

Most of us started out in a C2 or C3, and yes I still miss mine!

post-3-0-88653100-1380210183_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

WOW! Not much interest here. Almost two years and no posts. OK, I'll start it off again (stir the pot) even though I'm just a lowly C3 owner. :thumbs

Yeah. The C3 bug has sure been tugging at my wallet lately. I should have jumped on the chrome bumper up the hill that need reassembly. 

chevyguy1969

there are a few C-3s in the group some of us are more active than others. However I have never seen a question asked that wasn't answered.

Yeah. The C3 bug has sure been tugging at my wallet lately. I should have jumped on the chrome bumper up the hill that need reassembly. 

I'm going the other way at some point. C3 gets parked except for events only and a newer hot rod is order for a driver. A ZR comes to mind or maybe even a HellCat Charger. :) Oh SNAP! Did I say that?

There has been some comments and discussions about trying to get the C1 thru C4 Corvettes more involved, one suggestion has always been a dedicated section for discussions about parts, repairs, and gatherings. So here it is.

Although I would still prefer to have events posted in the general events section, I don't have a problem linking them here.

Please try to keep the topics posted here about the classics. (C5 & C6 stay out) :lol

Now is the time to get all classic owners involved, I would reaaly like to see this section take hold and keep it interesting for all owners to get involved....Hell I might be back in a C3 some day too.

Questions, comments, suggestions for this section? Please post them here in this thread.

With the move to C7 I think its safe to move the C5 to the classics section as well

I'm not ready to call my C5 a classic yet! LOL

Yeah. The C3 bug has sure been tugging at my wallet lately.

Really? I know where there is a chrome bumper, numbers matching, LT1/M22 vert for sale.

No A/C of course. . .