Teh New Section

Desertdawg

Bromley's Corvettes

DUDE, THERE IS NOTHING DIFFICULT ABOUT USING PHOTOBUCKET TO POST PICTURES!

You just refuse to try to learn...

WOW

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bromley's Corvettes

• C4orce2

• Bigfoot

Have you tried? It's easy once you have it set up. If I recall correctly, you have your own website. You can upload your photos to your website and simply insert them here using the "Insert Image" icon on top of every post.

Bromley's Corvettes

Have you tried? It's easy once you have it set up.

If I recall correctly, you have your own website. You can upload your photos to your website and simply insert them here using the "Insert Image" icon on top of every post.

I need to try again. I looked into it in the past and it was taking a lot of work to put the pix on my site then post them on ace. I would need to down size and up load all the pix I want onto my site then post on ace. Lots of steps to make it happen. I would need a computer guy to work for me full time lol.

Have you tried? It's easy once you have it set up.

If I recall correctly, you have your own website. You can upload your photos to your website and simply insert them here using the "Insert Image" icon on top of every post.

I need to try again. I looked into it in the past and it was taking a lot of work to put the pix on my site then post them on ace. I would need to down size and up load all the pix I want onto my site then post on ace. Lots of steps to make it happen. I would need a computer guy to work for me full time lol.

That's the catch. The photos are usually huge, they would get hosted on our server FOREVER. Then we have to used our bandwidth sending them everytime someone views them. Photobucket solves both the storage and bandwidth issue making ACE site faster and less costly.

By the way, I have about 500 pictures in my Photobucket account (mostly due to my detailing thread) that are almost all linked to ACE and it is very efficient.

I agree with Bigfoot. I think we should keep the Classics section just for the REAL vettes. :smilelol

I think I read somewhere that Chevy designed the C4 series to be a "Throw Away" model. Hence the problems with the 5.7's as they were putting all their R & D into the LS series motors. :smilelol .

I agree with Bigfoot. I think we should keep the Classics section just for the REAL vettes. :smilelol

I think I read somewhere that Chevy designed the C4 series to be a "Throw Away" model. Hence the problems with the 5.7's as they were putting all their R & D into the LS series motors. :smilelol .

That must have been written by a jealous C5 owner. After all the C5 and their LS1s lasted only 8 years while the C4 "Throw Away" model lasted 13 years. That doesn't seem to make sense. It took GM a long time to improve on the C4s. Not so long to improve on the C5s. :rockon2:

C4 owners of the world unite!! :bang

That must have been written by a jealous C5 owner. After all the C5 and their LS1s lasted only 8 years while the C4 "Throw Away" model lasted 13 years. That doesn't seem to make sense. It took GM a long time to improve on the C4s. Not so long to improve on the C5s. :rockon2:

C4 owners of the world unite!! :bang

I wouldn't know since I have a C6.

Seriously guys, I don't know how you group the different generations in sections short of having a separate section for each generation like on the big forum. In my opinion the C4s don't have much in common with the C3s. On the other hand, the C5s are more similar to the C6s than they are to the C4s. The C4s are sort of the "missing link" between the classic C3s and the more modern C5s and C6s. Not sure what section the C4s should be in. Just my 2cents.

WOW ... did you leave an open door ........ Posted Image (( Be afraid .... very afraid )) Posted ImagePosted Image

I think their should be different sections for the separate models, it would make it easier to find the information you are looking for. Many of the other forums do this and it seems to make for a closer knit forum... My pennys worth.

We have a whole techincal section just a few lines below this section, last I looked there is no generation specific guidelines there. If we had 100 thousand member around the world I can see splitting it all up, also this section was opened up for the same reason you guys are arguing about. If it ever gets so busy that members have to use TTT to keep their thread on the first page in a day then I can see expanding the forum, right now the bottom of page one is over 4 months old. There is nothing worse to have on a forum than a section that no one posts in for months at a time.

Bromley's Corvettes

We have a whole techincal section just a few lines below this section, last I looked there is no generation specific guidelines there.

If we had 100 thousand member around the world I can see splitting it all up, also this section was opened up for the same reason you guys are arguing about.

If it ever gets so busy that members have to use TTT to keep their thread on the first page in a day then I can see expanding the forum, right now the bottom of page one is over 4 months old.

There is nothing worse to have on a forum than a section that no one posts in for months at a time.

Posted ImageI dont think there is enough activity in classic yet to have sections I think maybe there could be a C-3 section if threads keep going and dont get killed from a made in china war or some other tread high jack or lack of interest. If everyone that has a C-3 was to get involved and keep treads going it would grow. C-1 and 2 and 4 most likely wont get enough posts this is mainly a C-5 and 6 and soon to be 7 forum. I have been thinking about how to make the classic more active and exciting lol. More post will help and more chat about projects and more pix.

We have a whole techincal section just a few lines below this section, last I looked there is no generation specific guidelines there.

If we had 100 thousand member around the world I can see splitting it all up, also this section was opened up for the same reason you guys are arguing about.

If it ever gets so busy that members have to use TTT to keep their thread on the first page in a day then I can see expanding the forum, right now the bottom of page one is over 4 months old.

There is nothing worse to have on a forum than a section that no one posts in for months at a time.

Posted ImageI dont think there is enough activity in classic yet to have sections I think maybe there could be a C-3 section if threads keep going and dont get killed from a made in china war or some other tread high jack or lack of interest. If everyone that has a C-3 was to get involved and keep treads going it would grow. C-1 and 2 and 4 most likely wont get enough posts this is mainly a C-5 and 6 and soon to be 7 forum. I have been thinking about how to make the classic more active and exciting lol. More post will help and more chat about projects and more pix.

This is more a friendly gathering for gear heads and weekend warriors to belittle others. if anyone wants, or even cares to talk about the lowly throw away C4's, they could find info they need at www.doesanyonecareanymoreaboutC4s?.com

Hey fellow C4 owners out there, are we going to take this crap from C5 and C6 owners who are all just itching to trade in their "modern vettes" in for C7s? If they keep disrespecting our beloved toys, we may have to boycott their asses!! C4 owners of the world unite!! :rockon2:

If they keep disrespecting our beloved toys, we may have to boycott their asses!!

I'm going to remember this quote the next time you make an orange comment.

Just remember I have access to the button pictured below... :lol

Posted Image

I'm not hating on C4's or even red paint..... just Larry! :lol note: notice how there are no threats to crash into him. too soon?

I'm not hating on C4's or even red paint..... just Larry! :lol

note: notice how there are no threats to crash into him.

too soon?

You'd have to catch me first. Of course maybe those ZR1 fenders will make the Pumpkin faster!! :smilelol

Bromley's Corvettes

LOL ok just checking Larrys C-4 does not really count scene it has a LS3 in it. Not that average C-4 Posted Image Still not a classic though.

You'd have to catch me first. Of course maybe those ZR1 fenders will make the Pumpkin faster!! :smilelol

My ZR1 fenders help about as much as your flames. It should be a fun chase!

Guest badbobs95

My C4 was classified as a "CLASSIC" while my C5s are considered "COLLECTIBLES". Since everyone knows how intelligent I am, I'm calling it! C4s are classics and C5s (and up) are collectibles. Now it's done. Be glad we're not talking about Mustangs. They change every two years and they are just classified as "cars" Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hey fellow C4 owners out there, are we going to take this crap from C5 and C6 owners who are all just itching to trade in their "modern vettes" in for C7s? If they keep disrespecting our beloved toys, we may have to boycott their asses!! C4 owners of the world unite!! :rockon2:

Oh hell no...... C5s are tasty morsels.. Oh and belong in the classic section as well ;)

I thought they built the C-5s cause they wanted to beat the Porsche's for a change....