How did you hear about ACE and/or this Forum?

Eddie44

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I heard about this site through my good buddy Bryan while working the poker run years ago. (see first posting).

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• Bigfoot

• P51tj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Marana Rich

I first found the website surfing the net, trying to find something close to Yuma. I saw you had just did the GB run, and scheduled the Yuma run, and it worked for me!

Boy how did I miss this one? Jim & I heard about this club though Dave & Joan Shrode ( Vettish ) did the Gila Bend run and fell in love.

• 1 month later...
Desertdawg

Surfing the Net [ 14 ] Friend/Acquintance [ 15 ] Business Card [ 3 ] Corvette Forum [ 21 ] If you don't have some of the new business cards, just ask, we ordered 5000 of them to hand out. Let's see if we can get the number up from 3 to 30!

• 2 months later...

Employed at a New car Dealership and found an "ACE" business card on the dash of a Corvette trade in. ::::::Someone traded in a C6 for a CTS! :crazy :::::::::: Maybe it was cuz the Vette was Red??? :U:smilelol

• 2 months later...

YEA, A YOUNG MAN THAT WORKS @ SONIC ON HIGLY & QUEEN CREEK TOLD ME ABOUT A.C.E. SAID HIS FOLKS HUNG OUT WITH YOU. I LIKE THE FACT, NO PRES, OFFICER, ECT. I WAS PART OF A MOTORCYCLE GROUP "JUST FRIENDS" FOR OVER 30 YR. SAME PRINCEABLE

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I came here from two other forums on the web after asking a few questions, I felt like I was the new guy who gets hazed on one forum a few people were nice and alot gave sarcastic responses to those that helped thank you to the one that were sarcastic thank you too made me find this place. Thanks for the welcome all I will try to lend a hand when i can. Thanks again. Johnny B

I Actually met Robert in front of my house this week

Way to go Robert...but which one? We have a couple. :lol

Robert from Robert and Elizabeth.

Robert and Elizabeth

I Actually met Robert in front of my house this week

Way to go Robert...but which one? We have a couple. :lol

Robert from Robert and Elizabeth.

Yep, it be him. Robert picks up his trash every week. On his routes, he will hand out ACE cards to people he talks to with Vettes. Rick was the latest one.

E~

• 2 weeks later...

Well before I got on the forum, I attended a cruise from Tucson to Bisbee which I learned from Z O SICK. That's where I met Big Poppa and his convertible C5. It was through him where I learned about this forum. I drive a black on black 2001 C5 with chrome C6 wheels and SLP Loudmouth exhaust. I will be adding more mods later in the year and don't worry, i'll put up some pics in the future

It's been awhile but if I can remember clearly... After donning new tires at the Tucson Wilmot St Costco, Yuma Rich and his wife restrained us and blocked our exit from the store parking lot until we accepted an ACE business card. Well, maybe not restrained...but it was at Costco and it was Rich and his misses that introduced us to :ACE: . Thanks again Rich! And the invite to Hooters was priceless!

Guest Hammerman

speedratchet on corvetteforum asked if I had been here, another cool hangout for people that love drive the hottest cop magnet.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy boys. Glad to see you are still a cohesive group. Allow you to remind you all, that the whole ACE thing started with just 3 Vette weenies; me, Mike Bruss (now drives a Lexus :(.....), and Ed Moriuchi, (drives a Nissan with the ole Vette in the garage). We all worked at ADOT and had Vettes. We began to gather at my little garage in Scottsdale, and thereafter inviting all comers on the CVF with their Vettes. It started slowly at first, but we had a REALLY GOOD bunch, and it grew and grew and we all became close friends over the next couple years. I can remember Canyon Sherer counting 32 Vettes at the house one weekend. The neighbors didn't seem to mind, until somebody (George Crouse) did a burnout while he was leaving. That was always a problem, as George had one HOT HOT Vette. We had members as far away as San Diego (Tim Austin) and Yuma (Mike Bowman), but, belive it or not, they showed up pretty regular on Corvette Saturdays. We all brought our beverage of choice, and sometimes the morning gatherings would last well into the night. Guys would bring skillets and make breakfast for everybody, then another guy would bring a crock pot of chili for lunch. All the while we were working on somebody's Vette. Great days and I am very proud to have been associated with ACE (Brian came up with the name ACE as well as the great logo) and I wish you all the joy that the group brought to me.

Other founding members:

Mike Bruss

Ed Moriuchi

Bill Reid

Joe Bria

Roger Legge

Stan Morton

Josh Corothers

Paul Hamersly

Rich Pagoria

Jim King

Canyon Scherer

Brian Seery

Tim Austin

Mike Bowman

and a few others whom I dearly miss. Great guys one and all.

All the best to you, and PLEASE keep your Vettes. My nephew has my last one and I still miss it after 4 years. But I live 8 miles out on a Jeep trail and could never have anything but a Jeep up here.

Jack Hammitt

SCOTTSDALE JACK ("Cactus Jack"? Tee hee, you old bastiches have no memory)

^

|

|

That's my pop. That's how I heard of ACE, and have been at a few Vette Saturdays, although not on purpose, just with purpose. I have his Vette now, bought it from my cousin...

I was going to see if anyone had recongized it, but I guess I didn't give it enough time. Or the club's gotten just so big.

Old Bastitches is right.

So, I guess that makes me a founder's daughter.

Howdy boys. Glad to see you are still a cohesive group. Allow you to remind you all, that the whole ACE thing started with just 3 Vette weenies; me, Mike Bruss (now drives a Lexus :( .....), and Ed Moriuchi, (drives a Nissan with the ole Vette in the garage). We all worked at ADOT and had Vettes. We began to gather at my little garage in Scottsdale, and thereafter inviting all comers on the CVF with their Vettes. It started slowly at first, but we had a REALLY GOOD bunch, and it grew and grew and we all became close friends over the next couple years. I can remember Canyon Sherer counting 32 Vettes at the house one weekend. The neighbors didn't seem to mind, until somebody (George Crouse) did a burnout while he was leaving. That was always a problem, as George had one HOT HOT Vette. We had members as far away as San Diego (Tim Austin) and Yuma (Mike Bowman), but, belive it or not, they showed up pretty regular on Corvette Saturdays. We all brought our beverage of choice, and sometimes the morning gatherings would last well into the night. Guys would bring skillets and make breakfast for everybody, then another guy would bring a crock pot of chili for lunch. All the while we were working on somebody's Vette. Great days and I am very proud to have been associated with ACE (Brian came up with the name ACE as well as the great logo) and I wish you all the joy that the group brought to me.

Other founding members:

Mike Bruss

Ed Moriuchi

Bill Reid

Joe Bria

Roger Legge

Stan Morton

Josh Corothers

Paul Hamersly

Rich Pagoria

Jim King

Canyon Scherer

Brian Seery

Tim Austin

Mike Bowman

and a few others whom I dearly miss. Great guys one and all.

All the best to you, and PLEASE keep your Vettes. My nephew has my last one and I still miss it after 4 years. But I live 8 miles out on a Jeep trail and could never have anything but a Jeep up here.

Jack Hammitt

SCOTTSDALE JACK ("Cactus Jack"? Tee hee, you old bastiches have no memory)

^

|

|

That's my pop. That's how I heard of ACE, and have been at a few Vette Saturdays, although not on purpose, just with purpose. I have his Vette now, bought it from my cousin...

I was going to see if anyone had recongized it, but I guess I didn't give it enough time. Or the club's gotten just so big.

Old Bastitches is right.

So, I guess that makes me a founder's daughter.

I was not around when the original group started, but welcome to our new group that is still going strong.

I can only think of a couple that might remember the car and possibly you. DesertDawg & ICULUKIN They will chime in soon.

Again welcome to ACE.

Phil... :devil

I heard about it thru Chris AZ28.??? 3 weekends ago in Tucson. That next weekend I was in Gila Bend for the Annual Gila Bend meet. Met lots of great folks. Now all I need, is the Certificate with my member ID# to make it official! Wooo hooo.....