How did you hear about ACE and/or this Forum?

Eddie44

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, NytMuves said:

This forum was suggested to me in a PM over on CF by AZhitman. Decided to check it out. 

image.jpeg

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• Bigfoot

• P51tj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, NytMuves said:

This forum was suggested to me in a PM over on CF by AZhitman. Decided to check it out. 

:howdy 

On March 30, 2016 at 10:24 PM, Ted Y said:

That's a great photo! Welcome to ACE. How long have you been an owner?

Thank you. I bought the C5 a year ago. LOVE it. Wife loves it too. So much we are going to buy her one too.  

image.jpeg

On April 1, 2016 at 7:37 PM, Blk n Blu said:

Welcome to ACE, nice looking  ride.

Thanks. Needs a wash. Drove back this morning from Salt Lake City. Started out in 30 degrees and icy rain. Got here and it was 84 and sunny. 

• 8 months later...

I saw this beautiful yellow corvette who happen to be going to cosco like i was. Being new to the city i parked next to the dude and complimented his car. We got to talking about the city and vettes while shopping and he told me about the ACE group.  So today i joined. Thanks mysterious yellow corvette owner

1 hour ago, CorneliusW said:

I saw this beautiful yellow corvette who happen to be going to cosco like i was. Being new to the city i parked next to the dude and complimented his car. We got to talking about the city and vettes while shopping and he told me about the ACE group.  So today i joined. Thanks mysterious yellow corvette owner

Lots of yeller vettes around but the only color that matters is Carbon Flash.  Welcome to the herd from Avondale.

Heard about ACE while reading through CF, originally from Cali and sport bikes, cars, trucks, well anything that goes fast were always my thing. Sold the truck and wanted another sports car, always admired the Vette and my wife gave me permission to buy one this year (umm I mean she had no choice). But seriously she did, it's my first Vette, just bought it a month ago. It's interesting cause in Cali, I use to ride my bike with a group of guys which we weren't a club, but we kind of functioned like one, so ACE reminds me of that. Hoping to become very involved in the Corvette community. (Hugs anyone...?)

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Taurus29 said:

Heard about ACE while reading through CF, originally from Cali and sport bikes, cars, trucks, well anything that goes fast were always my thing. Sold the truck and wanted another sports car, always admired the Vette and my wife gave me permission to buy one this year (umm I mean she had no choice). But seriously she did, it's my first Vette, just bought it a month ago. It's interesting cause in Cali, I use to ride my bike with a group of guys which we weren't a club, but we kind of functioned like one, so ACE reminds me of that. Hoping to become very involved in the Corvette community. (Hugs anyone...?)

Nice z06. Where did you live in Cali and how long ago did you move?

48 minutes ago, 94transamgt said:

Nice z06. Where did you live in Cali and how long ago did you move?

Thank You, I appreciate it. Yeah, I'm from Los Angeles proper originally. Southcentral or South LA, I heard it's called now. I've been here in Arizona for about 6 years. Sometimes I forget how long its actually been. I call Chandler home now.

3 hours ago, Taurus29 said:

Thank You, I appreciate it. Yeah, I'm from Los Angeles proper originally. Southcentral or South LA, I heard it's called now. I've been here in Arizona for about 6 years. Sometimes I forget how long its actually been. I call Chandler home now.

Welcome to :ACE:  Jay

WELCOME TO ACE JAY!

from the west valley in GOODYEAR.

CA. transplant too!

NorCal SF Bay Area

nice clean looking Vette?

SLAMMER

11 hours ago, Taurus29 said:

I moved there for a little over a year (Long Beach area) I miss the car culture. I was at my brothers in San Pedro and just by chance we met up with a few Porsches a BMW M and some other nice imports on a curve road by his house.

HarpyEagle29
On December 31, 2016 at 1:14 AM, JLs Mistress said:

Welcome to :ACE:  Jay

Thank You... I'm feeling the Love...

On December 31, 2016 at 6:13 AM, SLAMMER said:

WELCOME TO ACE JAY!

from the west valley in GOODYEAR.

CA. transplant too!

NorCal SF Bay Area

nice clean looking Vette?

SLAMMER

Oh Yeah, NorCal huh, I appreciate it, she's a little dirty now, gotta get a good wash down.

On December 31, 2016 at 9:21 AM, 94transamgt said:

I moved there for a little over a year (Long Beach area) I miss the car culture. I was at my brothers in San Pedro and just by chance we met up with a few Porsches a BMW M and some other nice imports on a curve road by his house.

Yeah, I always appreciated random things like that happening in Cali, hopefully I'll be put down with what's up, here in AZ.

16 hours ago, P51tj said:

Welcome CorneliusW and Taurus29 to ACE, and a big :howdy from Avondale!!!

Thank You Much!!!

• 1 month later...

I found this forum while searching the net for information on a reputable engine builder/machine shop in the Tucson area.  I recently (and unexpectedly) bought a 69 T-top 427 4 speed.  I have a friend that is retired and her husband also just retired and they are looking at moving down this way.  Including daily drivers, they have 7 cars and they do not want to move them all when they find the place they want to be.  She knew I knew her car and she wanted to know where it would be, so she dropped me an email asking if I was interested.  I have had many Corvettes over the years, but have not had one in the last 6 or 7 years, so after talking with my wife, we decided to buy the car.  When my friend bought it, there were big plans, but life got in the way and other projects came first, so the car sat for 13 years.  There is a definite noise in the engine (I knew about this 13 years ago), so I am planning to rebuild the 427 because I do not want to drive it like it is and risk putting a rod through the block of a matching numbers car!  It needs some other love as well, but I will work on it over time and enjoy driving it.....I am not much for shows other than local show and shines and even then I do not attend those often.  Here is a link to a video I took just after the car was unloaded from the transport trailer: