Painting my reconstructed 1970 C3

XCLRATE

Hello- I am new to the forum. I am looking to paint my reconstructed 1970 C3 BB convertible. This car is a ton of fun but I just can't justify pouring a lot of money into a paint job- if it was an original car then no problem. Joe at Classic Gold installed a L88 hood for me this winter and I have no doubt his work is amazing but, of course, it does not come cheap. Does anyone know another shop that does good fiberglass and paint work- don't need show quality- just a solid job. Thanks in advance- Lou

Guest badbobs95

There is a guy in Mesa (Jetzon Auto Body) 545 S. Robson #5, name: Herb Lawton, phone - 480-259-0489. Small shop but does nice work. He said about $2,500 maybe. Call him and go meet with him and see what he says. You never know, he might be slow and give you a deal. He's be Broadway and Country Club. Good luck :partydance:

There's always Earl Scheib if you need real cheap. They used to shovel paint on and spread it with a rake, then they switched to a broom to improve the quality. Find one where the guy that is doing the spraying has been there for more than six months. You know the guy is experienced when he paints 10-15 cars every day and still has the job. Do all the prep/masking etc. yourself. Then tape a $10 on the hood with a note in both English and Spanish, saying there will be a couple $20s later if you like his work. I had a couple of older DD done there in the 70's. Both were 10 foot, 20 MPH cars (meaning they looked great from 10 feet away or driving by at 20 MPH) :smilelol Hey, for $39.95 it was better than primer.

Well, Earl schieb is gone, but I believe Maaco is a near equivalent...

Final Effort

From what I've been told. The Maaco on University in Tempe does a good job if you just have them shoot it. A guy at work has taken a couple of his rebuilds there. He does all the prep work himself, he even removes the glass.