Trainer gets broken nose - OUCH

F22trainer

F22trainer

Got in a hurry today...accident a block ahead and all traffic being diverted. I'm trying to get in froint of the guy who's squeezing me thru the turn. I'm watching him over my shoulder and the PT cruiser in front of me - slams on their brakes...

YEP - I just had my first accident in 30 years.

Can't get my hood open and am kind of afraid to try. I have to go to Classic Gold tomoorrow anyway...maybe Joes shop could take care of this too.

At least no fluids leaked out - I think the bumper did it's job well...and it made it home OK and is drivable.

The victim - no DL, expered insurance, borrowed car and no ingles'...but the friend spoke well enough. Just glad everyone is OK. :banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Just got off the phone with USAA- their adjuster is at Rick's - got an appointment Tues 9AM...they said I can have Classic do it, but hey, we know Rick is AOK too!

post-2-1148103870.jpg

At least no fluids leaked out - I think the bumper did it's job well...and it made it home OK and is drivable.

...except for the deep emotional scars and self esteem issues that arise with any nose job. :leaving

:ack That sucks. Traffic has been rather manic the past week or so. Hope you get 'er fixed up nice!

F22trainer

maybe it looks better ffrom another angle...

I had been silently lamenting theh rock chips the other day and now this - I'd rather have the chips!

post-2-1148105025.jpg

Ouch!!! As I've heard so many times. The car can be repaired/replaced just glad everyone is okay! :yesnod

You will be amazed when you hear the estimate on the damage! I'll bet that's $2k-$3k in damage. Especially because the hood won't open. Sorry for the bad news, just trying to prep you for the shock.

Desertdawg

Ouch, like Eddie said, it's always good when no one gets hurt.

Hope you get it looking better soon....

Glad to hear all are well. Sorry to hear of this and hopefully the Trainer will be back to par in no time!

Guest intmd8r

Like everyone else, I'm glad to hear everyone is ok, but I'm sorry to hear about the damage!

It could have been A LOT worse, though, so hopefully the Trainer will be good as new in no time! crossfingers.gif

maybe it looks better ffrom another angle...

I had been silently lamenting theh rock chips  the other day and now this - I'd rather have the chips!

Keep the positive outlook on it - After they're done fixing the nose you won't have any more rock chips to lament over. :) The $250 deductible is still cheaper than if you would have taken the car somewhere to get the chips "fixed".

Glad you're OK.

Guest Kens06

This is the third incident I've heard about THIS WEEK involving people I know and the no DL, no insurance BEANER population!!

One t-boned a friends daughter's car. The plates on the car were 10-05 expiration date.

The other was a side swipe on I-10. The guy had a cell and the cops got the guy but he had no DL, insurance, green card and his illegal sister's car!!

It's scarry to think of how many of these a-holes you meet on the highway everyday!!

That is one reason the traffic is SO bad here!

THEY don't have any concept of Rules of the Road!!

It's OK to drive a Semi or Gardener's truck/trailer in the left lane at 60 anytime!!

Sorry about your car Michael!!

It's a good thing that it's driveable and you are OK!!

Ken

Guest XLR8TNC5

:mad Sorry to see your baby got a broken nose. Im glad YOU are okay as well. I will refrain from comment right now about the other people.

Hope she is back to herself soon and looking finer than ever... Take care.

Tanya

F22trainer

THANK YOU everyone...

Just got back from Classic - they got the hood open and adjusted it back so it will close. The damage is limited mostly to the brackets and cosmetics. Joe got the cooling fan in no problem and that seems to have helped a bit more with the cooling. Had another near overheat yesterday after the boo-boo. But no fluid leaked and radiator, etc is AOK.

Thanks to Joe and his crew she should be back BETTER than before, but mostly I'm glad nobody got hurt - so thanks for the support.

I plan to have an oil cooler installed while it's in there, the faded paint on my rear bumper will also get done, and along with the headers and exhaust I'm seeing a bright side that is softening the self esteem issues and damage to my pride.

F22trainer
This is the third incident I've heard about THIS WEEK involving people I know and the no DL, no insurance BEANER population!!

One t-boned a friends daughter's car. The plates on the car were 10-05 expiration date.

The other was a side swipe on I-10. The guy had a cell and the cops got the guy but he had no DL, insurance, green card and his illegal sister's car!!

It's scarry to think of how many of these a-holes you meet on the highway everyday!!

It's OK to drive a Semi or Gardener's truck/trailer in the left lane at 60 anytime!!

Ken

...I think you said it all there Ken!

Va. law wnforcement does a good job of keeping that stuff from happening - you get pulled if you even look uninsured, drive with an expired tag, inspection, or county sticker, or if you have a broken light, windshield, equipment, etc. They will impound the car if won't pass inspection or something is fishy.

Why can't they initiate some better controls here?? Guess the jails would get full, the migra would need more buses for Gateways' illegal alien return flights, the impound lots would overflow, and they'd (cops) do nothing but write reports all day long...

In all honesty, I got bumped twice in my Dakota - within a month, right after I got it - minor damage and all...both times they were uninsured, borrowed car, no license, no ingles' yada, yada yada, etc. and one of those times the whole carload of them got taken to jail. That time the police happened to be right there. I decide not to file a claim with my insurance because the damage was pretty minor. So I guess I can't really say I haven't had an accident in 30 years... :leaving

Now I know why my insurance doubled when I moved here from Oregon. The good news is due to the minor damage and the fact that I haven't had a claim since I've been with them (member since 1975!), my rates will probably not change.

Phoenix FRC

Bummer :cuss At least its not that bad and your all good.

You must have needed that painful reminder to never trust the person in front of you.... and behind you. :huh

Guest intmd8r

Ken

...I think you said it all there Ken!

:agree :angry

I'm glad your ok.....

Sorry for your Baby..... :U That sucks..............

F22trainer

Got the estimate - $1585, and figure that to double with supplemental, and Joe setting me up for the week of the 5th. Could and should have been a lot worse - I actually bent my brake pedal at impact!

Have heard nothing from the hit-ee...imagine that.

I count my lucky stars. :angel

Checkride is Tuesday...so next Wednesday, I WILL BE a Flight Instructor!!!

Have to work this weekend so I'll get to check in the forum, but will mostly be studying.

Thanks for all your support and have a grrrrreat Memorial Day - take a dip in the pool, eat a few burgers and dogs', wash it down wwith some cold suds, and thank a Veteran for helping defend our freedom in order to make it all possible, along with a humble word for those who sacrificed. :flag:flag:flag:party:party:party

Guest LT4ME
Got the estimate - $1585, and figure that to double with supplemental, and Joe setting me up for the week of the 5th. Could and should have been a lot worse - I actually bent my brake pedal at impact!

Have to work this weekend so I'll get to check in the forum, but will mostly be studying.

Thanks for all your support and have a grrrrreat Memorial Day - take a dip in the pool, eat a few burgers and dogs', and thank a Veteran for giving us all the freedom to make it all possible, along with a humble word for those who sacrificed. :flag:flag:flag:party:party:party

Sorry to hear about the run-in, Michael, but at least it should be fixed as good as new soon.

Congrats on the Flight Instructor status, when are you taking us up for our first lesson? :cool

Guest intmd8r

Thanks for all your support and have a grrrrreat Memorial Day - take a dip in the pool, eat a few burgers and dogs', wash it down wwith some cold suds, and thank a Veteran for helping defend our freedom in order to make it all possible, along with a humble word for those who sacrificed. :flag:flag:flag:party:party:party

Wow - the brake pedal was bent?! :eek

Congrats on becoming a flight instructor - that is just awesome! :thumbscheers.gif

You have a great Memorial Day as well; wish you were coming along on the cruise, but have a great one nonetheless! :D

Thanks for all your support and have a grrrrreat Memorial Day - take a dip in the pool, eat a few burgers and dogs', wash it down wwith some cold suds, and thank a Veteran for helping defend our freedom in order to make it all possible, along with a humble word for those who sacrificed. :flag  :flag  :flag  :party  :party  :party

Will ACE members get a discount on flight instruction?

Always wanted to get my pilot's license, just couldn't ever afford the time and cash to get it done.

anmracing2

I wish I could have seen the car when you came by. I completely forgot about your apointment. I am glad Brian was able to take care of such weird problem. I hope you don't hold that against me.....

Congrats on the flight instructor thing.

Andrew

Glad everything is working out and your ok. Congrats on being an instructor now, :party I know how hard and nerve racking that could be. Like I said in another post..." You can be my wingman anytime". :thumbs

Hope everyone has a great and safe holiday weekend. :flag Remember to keep the rubber side down and the plastic side up. :burnout