Looking for some tune and review on a 1960

GregB

Bromley's Corvettes

I have had good luck with the Pertronix IGN. I have installed them in lots of cars and only had one not work. I swaped it out and its been fine. Why Roads lifters your still running a soild cam? You dont need much vacum with a 4-speed. Did you no there are lifters with a small bleed hole in bottom to squirt oil on the lobes so they are nice and quite and last a lot longer. The weight and type of oil also makes a differance. I can get parts for any year vette. I have been getting a lot of C-2 and 3 parts from Zip so far so good. Lopers is about the only speed shop left in the Valley that I know of and they dont stock as much as they use to. I find it easier with Jegs or Summit or MotorVille.

I am running a mellons CRV-2 cam with Rhoads anti-pumpup lifters. All I used to do was Autocross the car and wanted low end torque with a high reving engine. It is a 427 that starts pulling at 1500 rpm and will pull to well over 6000 rpm. Can you send me some information on the new lifters you are talking about. I will be replacing the rhoads within the next week and would like to consider these new one. The car is being restored and will never go back on the track. Not a show car but a really nice drive.

I am running a mellons CRV-2 cam with Rhoads anti-pumpup lifters. All I used to do was Autocross the car and wanted low end torque with a high reving engine. It is a 427 that starts pulling at 1500 rpm and will pull to well over 6000 rpm.

Can you send me some information on the new lifters you are talking about. I will be replacing the rhoads within the next week and would like to consider these new one. The car is being restored and will never go back on the track. Not a show car but a really nice drive.

Wow, a Melling CRV-2. I have not heard that name in a loooong time.

Bromley's Corvettes

Comp makes them and a few others but sounds like you should change cam and lifters and timing chain while your in there.

I don't have over 2000 miles since everything was changed. This is the second set of Rhoads I have had and I did not have any problems with the first set. Now I just have one lifter that bleeds down when it sets for a few days. Everything is fine after I start it and let the oil get warm, the lifter pumps and there is no noise. That 20-50 oil is a little thick at first. I understand this is a common problem with the Rhoads and I hope that is everything that needs to be done. We will take a look at the cam and make sure there are no problems with the lobe, while we have the intake off.