Why is it that I always get RICERS trying to race me

fourseventeen

Here's your chance to show those ricers who's boss, LOL.

http://www.after9events.com/importsvsdomestics/importsvsdomestics.html

Honestly, before you pass judgement on a particular vehicle type, socio-economic class, or stereotype you feel is beneath you, maybe you should become more educated about them.

Hey, it's only $25 for car and driver to race. Besides the racing, there's a car show, music, and of course the hot bikini contest.

Sounds like a photographer's paradise. :yesnod 417 you listening??

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fourseventeen

• Eddie44

• Marco

• Bigfoot

fourseventeen

Im VERY educated about them snails...thanks. I grew up street racing hondas and acuras. My buddy owned an import shop out in CA and all of his civics were running under 10's in the 1/4 mile including one of them that was somewhat street legal (or so it looked). But trust me, when your sitting at a light or even running down the road you can hear which of these ricers actually has some power under the hood and which cars dont. Every mean import I have ever seen has sounded like a race car...not like a honda. And for the record...I dont feel ANYONE is beneath me I just think its funny when a STOCK or nearly stock ricer wants to race when we all know it wouldnt stand a chance against a 500+ hp car.

You got to be careful with some of the ricers. When I was in Dyno-Comps shop getting C4orce2 tuned, one of the employees was working on what appeared to be the engine from a large riding lawnmower. That's what it looked like to me anyway. Turned out to be a ricer engine, 2 or 2.2 liter, no bigger than a microwave oven. 650+ hp. Incredible!! It was going back in a 4 wheel drive ricer.

No wonder they drift so good

How long can one of those little motors continue to put out 650+ horse power and maintain reliability? Oh, and not trying to pass judgement on anyone. How often do you see people driving other types of cars pulling up next to someone wanting to race? It's just what it is.

How long can one of those little motors continue to put out 650+ horse power and maintain reliability?

Oh, and not trying to pass judgement on anyone. How often do you see people driving other types of cars pulling up next to someone wanting to race? It's just what it is.

Evos have forged internals stock, so they last a pretty long time on high horsepower numbers like that. I'm pretty sure that STis are extremely reliable to about the 500hp mark. I don't know the specifics on their weaknesses though. most of them on those numbers are on e85 or race gas because they need the compression so high to crank out those numbers from a 2 or 2.5 liter, respectively.

Im VERY educated about them snails...thanks.

I don't think so, or you wouldn't talk shit about them.

Regardless, I would venture to postulate most all of them know they can't win, they just want to see what the car will do. It may be the first time they have ever seen one outside of a magazine, or at a car show. That is why the kid showed you respect after you hit it and hauled ass away from him. Was he foolish for running a red light? Definitely. But c'mon, you didn't do anything stupid when you were 18?

Regardless, I would venture to postulate most all of them know they can't win, they just want to see what the car will do. It may be the first time they have ever seen one outside of a magazine, or at a car show. That is why the kid showed you respect after you hit it and hauled ass away from him. Was he foolish for running a red light? Definitely. But c'mon, you didn't do anything stupid when you were 18?

What? You mean he's not 18? :lol

fourseventeen

Think what you will bud. You dont know me or my education level. maybe you should take a step back before you make comments about someone you do not know.

And sure I did plenty of stupid things when I was 18. Your point? I never once stated that there is not high horsepower ricers. I have driven them, seen them and grew up around them so I know they exist. BUT as I stated earlier...you can tell when these cars are built to compete with a car like a Corvette. They dont sound like your grandmothers honda.

Anyway I was just posting casual conversation about my experiences as a Corvette owner...if you dont like what I have to say, ignore it. Pretty simple I would think. Sorry if I cant tell my stories without you getting all butt hurt over me "talking trash" on ricers.

Okay, I think we'd all agree that the majority of "Ricers" are car guys just like most of us. I'm sure we have varied opinions of them and their cars. Personally I have the utmost respect for a guy that puts some real work into developing a nice "Ricer" but I have zero respect for a kid who sticks a fart can on his mom's handme down Honda and thinks he's got a hotrod. Let's keep it civil and take it to PM if you gentlemen want to continue this discussion. If we can't keep it civil the thread will be closed.

Phill's Vette

I get the Japanese and even German car want-to-be racers all the time; almost always in traffic they want to race me... I have been known to drive fast at times, but I refuse to street race. It is way too dangerous especially if you do not know the other driver and their skill level - if anyone gets hurt, including innocent people, both racers will be charged with, agg assault, manslaughter etc. Street racing is akin to driving drunk - a bad decision! There does seem to be a profile of the car/person's who do these obscure challenges... just laugh at them but don't give in. :ACE:

Okay, I think we'd all agree that the majority of "Ricers" are car guys just like most of us. I'm sure we have varied opinions of them and their cars. Personally I have the utmost respect for a guy that puts some real work into developing a nice "Ricer" but I have zero respect for a kid who sticks a fart can on his mom's handme down Honda and thinks he's got a hotrod.

:withstupid couldnt have said it better myself!

What has happened to this thread reminds me of a scene I witnessed years and years ago. It was back when the Suns were still playing on west McDowell. The crowd was coming out of the building after the game so there were hundreds of us in the same parking lot going to our cars. The crowd got quiet when a young couple were screaming at each other, fighting over something I cannot recall now. Everyone just listened to them go at it. Then all of a sudden the fight stopped and it was quiet in the lot. Apparently one guy in the crowd had been enjoying the argument so he shouted out "Are you going to let that b-tch talk to you that way?". Everyone in the crowd cheered and the fight was back on! What a scene.

I get the challenges thrown my way every so often, and agree, the other driver just want's to see a C6 Z06 do it's thing. I get many a thumbs up, and get "rev'd" on by all kinds of makes and models....reminds me of just how cool and bad a$$ a car I own :thumbs

I tend to mind my own business when I drive. I don't recall anyone wanting to race me. Any tips out there to increase my ricer action?

I tend to mind my own business when I drive. I don't recall anyone wanting to race me. Any tips out there to increase my ricer action?

Buy yeller rims :lol

I do not run into too many ricers but have had several young guys in mustangs indicate they want to run. After all who cannot beat an old C4. However, once they get close enough to my car so they can hear it, nothing happens. I guess they are smarter than they look.

I'll ask Barb if she'll run you in her Audi.

Is it because you're driving a patrol car? Or you're still in uniform? :lol

You need a bumper sticker....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bahaha! Does LPM sell those with ACE logos?! :lol

fourseventeen

I get the challenges thrown my way every so often, and agree, the other driver just want's to see a C6 Z06 do it's thing.

I get many a thumbs up, and get "rev'd" on by all kinds of makes and models....reminds me of just how cool and bad a$$ a car I own :thumbs

I would agree with you if it wasnt for the dude in the IS250 that wanted to race me, once I passed him I let off the gas (just a quick 1st to second gear run) so he passes me and then puts his arm out the window and does the "stroke it" hand jesture. so I am not thinking this guy was being cool and just wanted to see the vette run...I really think he thought he could beat a vette lol. But yes we do own a cool american icon.

I have been with Jay when those ricers taunt him, he practices great restraint... Posted Image

Posted Image

nice...