Why is it that I always get RICERS trying to race me

fourseventeen

fourseventeen

Ever since I bought this car I have always had little ricers try to race me. Not once have I had a REAL car like a vette or camaro try to race me. Not even half of a real car...aka a mustang. YET I get all of these little 4 and 6 cylinder ricers wanting to race all the time. Honda civics, even Lexus IS250, Imprezas and stuff like that....then tonight a dude in a Pontiac POS. Im cruising along Van Buren minding my own when I see this dude in my side mirror come up on me quick. He then just rides along in my blind spot for about a min. Next thing I do he revs his engine and punches it. Im like...ummm WTF :facepalm: I ignore it and continue to mind me own....he slows down and does it again...so again, im like WTF :facepalm: Finally he does it a 3rd time...now im like, are you F'n kidding me! Then I remembered....I live by UTI, that explains why I always have these idiots thinking they can race a Z06! Now I get it! So OK I decide to punch it and smoke the crap out of this kid...all while in 2nd gear. So as I approach the light he pulls up next to me at Dysart. He pulls up beside me and says "bad ass car bro" yeah figures he is some 20 something kid in a UTI shirt, go figure. So I turn onto Dysart and he decides to turn in behind me....he punches it as we approach a yellow light at QT...I stop, he blew the light which was now red. Oh gee look who was also at the light Avondale PD :eddie2: . Oh what an idiot! I wonder if he got a ticket or a warning...I didnt stop to find out LOL. :howdy Good times.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fourseventeen

• Eddie44

• Marco

• Bigfoot

...you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy.

IBTL on Jay's ricer kill story! :cone

Jay, don't you have a badge? Just flash it and watch them back off.. My complaint. When we head to town in the truck there's vette's, camaro's, mustangs. even saw a viper last time. Head to town in the vette, nothing but suv's, pickup trucks, snowbirds, and semi's.... :banghead Hell the last time I saw a ricer, he sped up to catch us, gave us a thumbs up and then slowed back down... :ken:

The rare time I drive down by where Jay lives there is nothing but rice. Not far from where he lives is a low end of town right by I-10 and that's what they buy/drive/try to modify to be cool. Bunch of young kids for sure. I usually try to avoid that area by dusk or after sunset unless I'm armed if that tells ya anything. :lol

It could be your baby face and they think you're out with daddy's car, so you'll beat on it. :smilelol One look at us old farts and they know it either isn't gonna happen or we'll smoke 'em real bad. :lol

I think it's the orange rims. They think you're one of them. :lol

I think it's the orange rims. They think you're one of them. :lol

Beat me to it Posted Image

I have had my share of run-ins with kids. They are not trying to race, they just want to watch it go. If you really want someone in a 'vette to race, I'm willing to oblige. :)

Now Parker, don't get him started on power mods...we don't have enough bandwidth! :lol

I have had my share of run-ins with kids. They are not trying to race, they just want to watch it go.

:)

:agree

I always give them a show.

I have had my share of run-ins with kids. They are not trying to race, they just want to watch it go.

:)

:agree

I always give them a show.

ditto - but take a good look around first

:eddie2:

Canadian Atomic Orange

Me!!! I like to race bikes. It blows them away when I beat or keep even with them.

fourseventeen

yeah what do I expect when I live 2-3 miles from UTI and the ghetto is only a mile away from me lol. Next ill be getting reved on by a low rider on wire wheels.

I always get revved on by rice, that's what I get for living by ASU. Yesterday when I was driving the Jeep I saw a Ferarri, a Porsche Turbo and a couple Corvettes... never see that when I'm in the Z!

Guest Mikey

Jay, Please allow a proud papa to brag 'bout his son: My son, Marcus, will be driving his Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart at the upcoming autocross event. Wait 'til you see what his 4 cylinder/2.0 liter, 4 door sedan does to your Z! Lookout all you "Straight-Liners". 'Nuff Trash Talk...? (BTW...He won 1st place in SCCA Solo(autocross) in his class this past season)

Evos are some, I like STi's too... I got to drive my friend's home last night after he had waaaay too much to drink. They are fun little cars and the AWD is awesome (ever floored it in before the apex of a turn and then kept in it?!) but I hate it when they rev on me, because it's usually the stock ones that do it, not the ones making 500 to the tire. They are absolute monsters in autocross, more so than our cars, because of their tight turning, short gearing and awd. throw some real tires on them and they can own most of us.

:agree It lets them dream of the day they may own one.

It's hard to pick up hookers on Van Buren if you're driving fast... Just sayin'. :lol

Posted Image

:smilelol

You got to be careful with some of the ricers. When I was in Dyno-Comps shop getting C4orce2 tuned, one of the employees was working on what appeared to be the engine from a large riding lawnmower. That's what it looked like to me anyway. Turned out to be a ricer engine, 2 or 2.2 liter, no bigger than a microwave oven. 650+ hp. Incredible!! It was going back in a 4 wheel drive ricer.

fourseventeen

yes Mikey some of them lil ricers are nice for auto x no doubt about that BUT they have no place revving on a car like a late model Z on a long straight away because 99.9% of those cars wont stand a chance against a late model Z06 on a straight road.

dang man that sucks... I guess i get lucky then cause I can never go anywhere without some1 tryin to race me (and i only have an almost stock c5) The past couple months (maybe even half year) I've gotten a z4, 135i (definitely wasn't stock), mustangs (some stock some weren't), the new camaro SS, c6's, 350z, 370z, evo's, cts-v (the older one), Grand cherokee SRT-8, and a couple bikes. A while back I even had a 360 modena. Sure these are all cars you would absolutely dominate but its still better then a little ricer honda :lol . but ya the only reason they do it is cause they just wanna see you fly. Its kinda like me, I tried takin an r8 v10 the other, not cause I wanted to race him and try to win, no I new i was gunna get demolished but I just really wanted to see it take off (and he never did either....) I wish you luck out there friend.