ACE Autocross 2011

Desertdawg

I had a great time even though I only made 5 runs. Well, 6 if you count the walk/run my fat butt made to go ALL the way to the back slolom to fix some cones but we won't talk about the time on that one! If anyone got any video of me... which would have been easy as I was pretty slow... I would love to have a copy. Let me know and I can send you a link to ftp it to me!! John

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• wickedfastvette

• fourseventeen

I had a great time even though I only made 5 runs. Well, 6 if you count the walk/run my fat butt made to go ALL the way to the back slolom to fix some cones but we won't talk about the time on that one!

If anyone got any video of me... which would have been easy as I was pretty slow... I would love to have a copy. Let me know and I can send you a link to ftp it to me!!

John

Yeah, I'm waiting for the same thing. Would love to have some of the kid and me on the track.

I had a great time even though I only made 5 runs. Well, 6 if you count the walk/run my fat butt made to go ALL the way to the back slolom to fix some cones but we won't talk about the time on that one!

If anyone got any video of me... which would have been easy as I was pretty slow... I would love to have a copy. Let me know and I can send you a link to ftp it to me!!

John

Yeah, I'm waiting for the same thing. Would love to have some of the kid and me on the track.

I think I got both of ya...on a short clip. But I gotta figure out had to convert from cam to computer. I haven't had time to work on that yet - but stand by.

John

I just have that one...you know, when you were experimenting in college?... :lol

John

Didn't Lisa have the video camera going like she normally does? you girls probably had too good of a time for her to want to do that though :rockon2:

1st, a VERY HUGE THANKS to "DesertDawg" Dwayne for setting this up and making this happen! Also, a HUGE THANKS to ALL those that worked behind-the-scenes to make this happen better.... Another HUGE THANKS to "Mr. Loud Pedal" Dave for an AWESOME BBQ Experience! I knew you were on the Cam-Side, but not exactly where.... We walked the whole site, and while walking out, caught the whiff of BBQ, and then "homed in".... Well worth it! I've NEVER had better BBQ! NEVER! I'm looking Forward to doing this again!

1st, a VERY HUGE THANKS to "DesertDawg" Dwayne for setting this up and making this happen! Also, a HUGE THANKS to ALL those that worked behind-the-scenes to make this happen better....

Another HUGE THANKS to "Mr. Loud Pedal" Dave for an AWESOME BBQ Experience! I knew you were on the Cam-Side, but not exactly where.... We walked the whole site, and while walking out, caught the whiff of BBQ, and then "homed in".... Well worth it! I've NEVER had better BBQ! NEVER!

I'm looking Forward to doing this again!

Dave has been elevated to "Master Smoker" status...now that he's got Sidewinders' BBQ sauce recipe!

John

I just have that one...you know, when you were experimenting in college?... :lol

Was it the one where I was drunk and silly and wearing the chartreuse and clear ballet outfit? I am not worried about that one since it was enjoyed by dozens on Argentinian Cable.

Or was it my extra secret RON JEREMY training video?

LOL

Dwayne - did the $$$'s work out ok?

It was close enough that I'm happy, and Jammye isn't mad!

• 1 month later...
Cactus Dave

I finally got around to pulling it apart yesterday. It looks like a little bit more than a head gasket....dum de dum. :wink::facepalm:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Picture proof accepted for your absence at the track! :lol Are you planning on upgrading or just repairing???

Cactus Dave

Picture proof accepted for your absence at the track!

:lol

Are you planning on upgrading or just repairing???

Crate motor time... know of a reputable place that builds turn keys that I could just drop in? :3gears:

Edit: That wont break my wallet?

You can't beat the mail order places. they have a national reputation to uphold so they are pretty reliable. Jegs, Summit, places like that have 100's of combos to pick from or just try a google search for crate motors and start clicking! Other than LPM or Bromley's I really can't recommend anything local...

• 1 month later...

Posted Image

Pulled the motor last week, dropped it off at Larry's Engine and Marine. He is gonna stroke it, here is the list of goodies.

Federal Mogul Pistons

Perfect Circle Rings

Melling Timing Set

Fel Pro Gasket Set

Clevite Rod & Main Bearings

Durabond Cam Bearings

Comp Cams Hydraulic Roller Camshaft

Gatorman Hydraulic Roller Lifters

Hydraulic Roller Valve Spring Kit

Melling Select Performance Oil Pump

MSD 8360 Ready to Run Distributor

Pro Race Balancer

Comp Cams Magnum Pushrods

Comp Cams Roller Rockers

Scat 2ICR5700 Rods

Scat 383 Crank

Oil Pan & P.U.

Edelbrock Airgap Manifold

Pro Form Carburetor 770

Price I will leave out... :ack

Sounds like a sweet build Dave, you should start a build thread in the General section and post your pictures....