• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• wickedfastvette

• fourseventeen

List updated...

Mikey, I'll check with FB, but last year I think it was no shorts!

The smoker will be at the RV spot which should be at the south end of the east bleachers against the drag strip.

The red blob will be Dave and the food, dotted line will be the walk unless we get to cross the dragstrip.

Blue is the lots we get for parking and running

:yourock: DAVE !!! will be looking forward to some real butt time !!! Dwayne ... put me down for a worker bee position ... ((what ever that is)) .... and the observer fee with "Corvette Parking" will be ???? will donate as appropriate to paypal as well .... thx for puttin this on Dawg !!! :rockon2:

If your going to show up and help, or watch then the donation is up to you. I'm only charging those that drive! But everyone will have to sign a waiver.

Ok people, lets get those $$$ rolling in. Dawg has forked over $3100 for this event of some 30+ people that said they'd do it and only 8 paid so far. We can't stick Dawg for this bill...again.

If you're thinking about this, don't hesitate, it is a lot of fun. You can push your car as much or as little as you want.

I just bought two open face helmets from helmet harbor and sent my registration $$. This is my first autocross so any advice or help will be appreciated!

I just bought two open face helmets from helmet harbor and sent my registration $$.

This is my first autocross so any advice or help will be appreciated!

Get your balls back from Marco, it'll help! :smilelol

fourseventeen

didnt even realize Dawg was taking RSVP/Funds for this lol. Topic title looked the same as it was when it was started. Anyway I will check and make 100% sure I can make it and once I know this week I will get payment over via pay pal. I also have a non corvette buddy who has a new turbo STI who wants to go as well so I will have him send pay pal as well.

Hmmmm.

Sounds interesting.

Are those cones small light weight cones (6"- 8" tall), or heavy traffic type cones with the weighted base?

I tore a fender about 36 years ago on a cone at an autocross, it was one of those large traffic control cones. Not sure I want body damage again.

it would be nice to see if my car oversteers or understeers to clear up that mystery. Doubt I could pull more than .7G though.

Doug

Posted Image

fourseventeen

highly doubt they will be using weighed cones, otherwise I think most of us anal corvette owners wouldnt take the chance.

I just bought two open face helmets from helmet harbor and sent my registration $.

Posted Image

List updated ... Doug, we use the light 8 inch cones, of course you could try to miss all of them to avoid a scar, and the walk to go stand them back up... :lol I would love to see your 61 out there, what a beautiful ride !!!

I just bought two open face helmets from helmet harbor and sent my registration $$.

Mine are MUCH MUCH bigger than the ones we presented to Marco!!

wickedfastvette

Mine are MUCH MUCH bigger than the ones we presented to Marco!!

But are they shiny!

Back on topic, you people hurry up and pay! It's more fun than running into..........................................Chad you gonna do it?

List updated ...

Doug, we use the light 8 inch cones, of course you could try to miss all of them to avoid a scar, and the walk to go stand them back up... :lol

I would love to see your 61 out there, what a beautiful ride !!!

I think I may do this. Will let you know in a day or two.

I "do" need to find out which end breaks away first, to find out if the car pushes or is loose, at least if I do a 360 or 180, there is nothing to hit going backwards.

Doug

Posted Image

Posted Image

Question on helmets. I saw another post in this thread about open face helmets. When ever I have done the 1/4 mile Friday night drags at Firebird, they required full face Snell 20005 helmets, which are somewhat restrictive. They always checked fro the Snell rating, plus made me pull lug nuts to check stud length, and other crap like that. Are open face helmets OK on autoX? Any requirements they meet some standard? Thanks, Doug

Guest Mikey

I had posted a list of suggestions/recommendations for autocrossing for newbies but it was deleted.