ACE Autocross 2011

Desertdawg

Cactus Dave

Did we ever find out if this was a long pants event or are shorts ok?

Just a quick note, remember a check list for the night before arrival.

No loose batteries, stuff inside the car, floormats. etc...

Check lug nut torque, and any other mechanical items you think need it.

No Nawwwwwsss (sorry Sean) Firebird regulations.

Bring your helmut, wear long pants and closed shoes.

Anything else?

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• wickedfastvette

• fourseventeen

Did we ever find out if this was a long pants event or are shorts ok?

Just a quick note, remember a check list for the night before arrival.

No loose batteries, stuff inside the car, floormats. etc...

Check lug nut torque, and any other mechanical items you think need it.

No Nawwwwwsss (sorry Sean) Firebird regulations.

Bring your helmut, wear long pants and closed shoes.

Anything else?

Yeah, you can wear shorts.

Any one from Southern AZ going up? Looking to get a group together to ride up with.

Anyone from Tucson want to hook up for the drive? :driving:

fourseventeen

Your welcome Sean...glad it fit your daughter. And dude...I can now see why you bought that rifle...gotta keep them boys away from her man! Phewww! You must have a tough life! I do not want a daughter! Dont worry about the helmet Sean...that was my wifes sport bike helmet I loaned you. If we run she will use her dirtbike helmet so we good. Anyway I MAY swing out there for a little bit but not sure ill run...if i do it wont be much at all cause I dont want to (and cant afford to) toast my good Invos. By the way...thanks guys for the comments above. Its been tough but whats meant to be will be.

Ok, I think I have everything ready to go, about 2 hours later than I wanted to get it done... :banghead Please check this list to make sure your on it and if it's correct. Tell us of any changes when you get there since I won't be checking here in the morning... 1. Sean B. (BigFoot) 2. David M. (Cactus Dave) 3. "Cale (C6speed) 4. Mike M. (Mikey) 5. Marcus M. (Admyer) 6. Cherye (Wickedfastvette) 7. Valerie (DesertFox) 8. Ryan C. (Norse Pagan) 9. John P. (John Syb) 10. Ryan M. (Meatyshells) 11. Keith S. (Swack) 12. Bob C. (badbobs95) 13. Keith O'Connor (easy_rider) 14. Casey A. (Bad EFX) 15. Jay (fourseventeen) 16. Jack G. (Jack52r) 17. Francy G. Mrs, Jack52r) 18. Jim G. (TheCMSH) 19. Harley H. (417’s friend) 20. Doug M. (AzDoug) 21. Rich (YumaRich) * 22. David B. (Dale68Z) 23. Nathan Welborne (paid by awlittle) 24. Don P. (good in AZ) 25. Robert S. (gstwinturbo) 26. Michael H. (F22trainer) 27. Donna C. (Chameleon) 28. Robert Rose (paid by awlittle) 29. Chuck H. (chuckh75) 30. Chad C. (ChadC) * 31. Victor F. (FNBADAZ06) 32. Joe M. (Joe M) 33. Nice C. (CODESIX) 34. David Fellows 35. Paul Lynch 36. David Lynch 37. Walter B. (AmmoVet) 38. Steve G. (StevieG) 39. Mregor (ROGER) *

Cactus Dave

Well son of a B@#$@@!! Left Tucson at 6 am, got just past Picacho Peak and heard a big boom, immediate loss of at least 1 cylinder. Sounded like a spark plug shot out the head. Pulled over and can't see anything wrong. drove it back on 6 cyl..... not looking good. :banghead

Thanks for the opportunity to do this, it was blast! Never had my '61 in a four wheel drift before, at least I know what it does, now. Doug

Once again, one of he best ACE events ever! Great time with old friends and new. Really awesome seeing the classic Vette and Camaro blast around the track. The tire smoking TA was also a lot fun to watch.

Huge thanks to Dwayne for putting this together, Dave for feeding us, and everyone who volunteered throughout the day!

Thanks Dwayne for holding a most excellent event; I did managed to leave enough rubber on the track, although it wasn't anywhere near as much as the camero's did... more importantly kept way from those fences. Can't wait for the next event, great seeing all you guys and gals. Is anyone going to post everybodys fastest lap times? Please tell me I did better than Cale... Steve

I stopped by on my way home today and visited with the die-hard autocross peeps that were still there. Good to see everyone . :partydance:

Thanks Dwayne for this great event. Had a blast, but not as mech as Francy. She was starting to get in the groove when it started to get too hot. The good news is she had the time of her life and is very happy and has more confidence with thge C-5. The bad news is that she loves the car so much now that I don't think she will allow me to drive it much. If I want to drive a vet it is going to be the C-4 which is not all that bad. Again thanks again for the greast birthday present. Hope someone will post up the vedios or photos as mine crashed and I got nutten. :scareddriver::crayon::crayon::crayon::crayon::crayon::crayon:

Great time today.....thanks again DesertDawg !!!!! :thumbs No crashes.....no breakage (except for the black SS Camaro), can't get any better :)

Awesome! The ending commentary is the best!!!! :smilelol

Thanks Jim, I'm waiting for Dwayne to say "You've gotta stop in the box"

Thanks Jim, I'm waiting for Dwayne to say "You've gotta stop in the box"

If I said it once I said it 100 times today.. STOP in teh stop box..... :toetap

I'm so fried, I can't even see straight (the heat was one thing but the margarita's and steak at home did me in) But I'm still smiling cause man was that fun!!!!

I'll get through the time sheet and get it all posted late tonight or tomorrow, right now I need to prop up the knee and do nothing that requires brain power. :splatter:

A huge thank you to those that helped. Donna, Jim, Hal, Vic... I'm sure there are a couple of others I'm forgetting so thank you too... :party

wickedfastvette

Great day with friends! Had a blast as usual, killed some cones Thanks to Dwayne and everyone helping out (Donna, Jim Dvl4ever) and all the others, and Dave (Loud Pedal) for some awesome BBQ! Can't wait to do again! :ACE: And thanks to the guy in the silver TA for the entertainment! I bet you went through a set of tires , but you looked like you were having a blast!

We had a great time today! Thanks for all the hard work it took to get this set up. You guys rock! (For the record the last part of the above video was priceless... )

Saw some nice Camaros and Vettes. at an autocross event in the Cardinals Stadium parking lot. Who was the group that put that one on and I wonder what the cost would be to do it that way? Bummed that I missed this event but had to work . Lisa said it was awesome... Thanks for showing her a good time. ACE rocks :rockon2: Lisa took a pic of these Foxy Ladys...who are they??!!