Loudmike's looking for a Z

Guest LOUDMIKE

Ya know Mike, a LS3 A6 would be a better choice for several reasons.

10) It doesn't take a lot to make it faster than a stock Z.

9) It can remain N/A.

8) You won't burn up tires trying to launch it.

7) The insurance and plates are cheaper.

6) Much more of a sleeper, so every ricer and LEO won't eye you.

5) Automatics are more consistant than manuals.

4) The initial price is lower. i.e. More $ left for mods.

3) No clutch or axle replacements required.

2) Every good Vette performance shop has at least one track car.

1) It's the perfect opportunity to start with a basic car, then do one mod at a time to progressively provide documented proof for your signature line that says:

That was an interesting read. :facepalm:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marco

• old yeller

• LastC3

• FNBADAZ06

Here is a YELLER Z at a great price if you or anyone is thinking about one.WOW

It appears that it may be sold already, the add is removed. Did Mike buy it?

Guest LOUDMIKE

9) It can remain N/A.

And now the number one reason a LS3 A6 is a better choice than a Z.

Drum roll please!!!!

It's coming.

Wait for it.

Pretty soon now.

1) It's the perfect opportunity to start with a basic car, then do one mod at a time to progressively provide documented proof for your signature line that says:

"Yeah, we can make that faster!"

Beside that, a little competition at the drags would be welcomed. :lol

Well lets see here as I go through the numbers:

10. Its not just about being the speed of the Z. Body, brakes and other Z options is why I want one.

9. A Z can remain N/A too. Not exactly sure what I am going to build so neither are you.

8. Not wanting to build a track car. To each their own but been there done that. Dont care to right now!

7. If I was really worried about insurance I would be driving a bicycle!

6. "Look at me" is more my style. I am more of a "WANT A SHOT AT THE TITLE KIND OF GUY!!" AND I DONT MEAN RACING CARS.

5. Like I stated before I dont care about consistancy at the track. I think a sports car should be a manuals. I dont like automatics but dont care if you own one. This is my preference.

4. Hey here is a point I do agree with you on.

3. You are right about clutches but why not axles? And if you price a good clutch against a torque convertor and a built manual trans vs a built auto trans, I'd be better off $$$ wise with a manual. Again dont care about the track.

2. I take offense to this point and will leave it alone. Plus this is my money not the shops!

1. This is a personal car. This is what makes ACE such a great place for the most part. Everyone is welcome. Some people like old vs new, 1/4 mile vs top speed, N/A vs F/I, and racing or cruising. Just because I work for the premier speed shop in Arizona doesnt mean I have to drive the fastest car (1/4 mile). My care is for my enjoyment and not to make everyone say, "ya he does this for a living". The car that I drive DOES NOT IN ANY WAY define what type of skill that I have at my job!!! I have a busted four wheel scooter and I will put my skill and integrity against anyone in this profession. (although I have learned there is always someone bigger, stronger, faster, smarter-that is what competition is) I have made mistakes and I am not perfect. What defines someone to me is how you handle your mistakes!!!

And yes "WE CAN MAKE THAT FASTER!!!"

You forgot to add that you could then almost be as cool as me :smilelol Oh, and Z06 ownership get's you automatic membership to the "clique" :partydance:

Guest LOUDMIKE

You forgot to add that you could then almost be as cool as me :smilelol

Oh, and Z06 ownership get's you automatic membership to the "clique" :partydance:

Oh crap you said the "A" word !!!! Now we are back to that again!! ("automatic" membership!)

Guest LOUDMIKE

So I take it...you didn't buy one yet then?

Not yet. Housing and not truly sure what I want to do yet. Right now work is hectic!!

9) It can remain N/A.

And now the number one reason a LS3 A6 is a better choice than a Z.

Drum roll please!!!!

It's coming.

Wait for it.

Pretty soon now.

"Yeah, we can make that faster!"

Beside that, a little competition at the drags would be welcomed. :lol

Well lets see here as I go through the numbers:

10. Its not just about being the speed of the Z. Body, brakes and other Z options is why I want one.

9. A Z can remain N/A too. Not exactly sure what I am going to build so neither are you.

8. Not wanting to build a track car. To each their own but been there done that. Dont care to right now!

7. If I was really worried about insurance I would be driving a bicycle!

6. "Look at me" is more my style. I am more of a "WANT A SHOT AT THE TITLE KIND OF GUY!!" AND I DONT MEAN RACING CARS.

5. Like I stated before I dont care about consistancy at the track. I think a sports car should be a manuals. I dont like automatics but dont care if you own one. This is my preference.

4. Hey here is a point I do agree with you on.

3. You are right about clutches but why not axles? And if you price a good clutch against a torque convertor and a built manual trans vs a built auto trans, I'd be better off $$$ wise with a manual. Again dont care about the track.

2. I take offense to this point and will leave it alone. Plus this is my money not the shops!

1. This is a personal car. This is what makes ACE such a great place for the most part. Everyone is welcome. Some people like old vs new, 1/4 mile vs top speed, N/A vs F/I, and racing or cruising. Just because I work for the premier speed shop in Arizona doesnt mean I have to drive the fastest car (1/4 mile). My care is for my enjoyment and not to make everyone say, "ya he does this for a living". The car that I drive DOES NOT IN ANY WAY define what type of skill that I have at my job!!! I have a busted four wheel scooter and I will put my skill and integrity against anyone in this profession. (although I have learned there is always someone bigger, stronger, faster, smarter-that is what competition is) I have made mistakes and I am not perfect. What defines someone to me is how you handle your mistakes!!!

And yes "WE CAN MAKE THAT FASTER!!!"

I guess I missed the point when you originally stated: "With being employed at the speed shop I had to consider what was good for the company as well"

I assumed (wrongly) that you were getting a car to additionally showcase your skills and the shop's capability. :facepalm:

Knowing now that this is just a personal car to acquire the "Look at me" image and other things you desire, then I retract all my comments. :peace::bolt:

Guest LOUDMIKE

I guess you hadnt heard but I am a biker at heart but it is not in my contract to purchase another bike. LOL I just figured everyone knew what I meant there. So peace back at ya.

so i'm guessin you won't be interested in this 67 vespa i was fixin to bring over for you to check out ..... /???? :facepalm: You're a "stand up" dude my friend .... it'll happen when its supposed to happen .... :3gears: (( not to mention those slushies you build so nicely )) but of course we;ll all keep shoppin for ya !!! :LolLol::rockon2::rockon2:

thevetteedge

mr. loud, the Lemans is rare color. I have guy in town w/ lemans g.sport- buts lookin for big bucks for the 07 3k miles. let me know if ya want his no. but hes well above 40k. toocraig

• 2 weeks later...

no doubt on the tips .... detail guy must have had one too many by the time he got to the back .... not too bad other wise ... it does make ya wonder tho ....:facepalm:

If it were your nuts we could help you out Mike, but for tips you'll have to call Rob (08Z51). Rob polishes tips like no one else can. :lol