Loudmike's looking for a Z

Guest LOUDMIKE

Guest LOUDMIKE

After shopping the market this weekend and seeing what is out there and the prices on everything I have narrowed down to the car I want. With being employed at the speed shop I had to consider what was good for the company as well. New Camaro? Old school muscle? C5? C6? Z? After all the deliberation I have decided to go with this. Especially since I dont have better half helping with decision. LOL (NO offense to the better half's) I want a 2006-2007 Dark Lemans Blue Z06. Not too concerned about the mileage but under 30k would be nice. It will be coming apart anyways. I want it to be a pretty loaded car but dont care if it has nav or not. I have an aftermarket unit that is going in that is SWEEEEEET!! If anyone knows anyone or sees anyone that is selling just let me know. I am patient and dont mind waiting a bit. Thanks for all of your help!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marco

• old yeller

• LastC3

• FNBADAZ06

Not to split hairs but Men have XY, women have XX.. No offense to the MEN on this board...LOL Good luck on your new purchase.

Guest LOUDMIKE

Not to split hairs but Men have XY, women have XX..

No offense to the MEN on this board...LOL

Good luck on your new purchase.

Whatever I work on cars. Edited

In the 2006 to 2007 model year, the highest optioned car you could get was the 2LZ..with or without NAV. 2LZ Features shown below are in addition to, or in place of, 1LZ features: Audio system: AM/FM stereo with 6 disc in dash CD and MP3 playback, seek and scan, digital clock, auto tone control, Radio Data System, automatic volume TheftLock and auxiliary input jack Includes Bose premium 7 speaker system Enhanced Acoustic Package Luggage Shade and parcel net Memory Package Power telescoping steering wheel Seats: Heated driver and front passenger Steering Wheel: Mounted audio controls (2007 only, not available on 2006) Universal home remote Also, the 2LZ has the side air bags as well (seats; upper side bolsters). Additionally, Onstar was not available for the 2006 C6 Z06 package. If you don't want/need those additional safety or creature comforts (and you're replacing the stereo anyways) a 2006 1LZ car should be the best (and cheapest) option for you, if you can find one. 2007 has the 100K drivetrain warranty, but like you said, you wouldn't be stock for long :P

Too bad you don't want to go YELLER.......

Z-06

Don't forget Ed is selling his black one. Lemans Blue is a hard color to find.

Too bad you don't want to go YELLER.......

Z-06

Don't forget Ed is selling his black one. Lemans Blue is a hard color to find.

I also heard there's an AO Z06 for sale somewhere around here :bolt:

Ya but I am afraid that if I do the AO z that I too will become high maintenance. DON'T NEED THAT!!!

but Oh so quick !!!:partydance:

Ya but I am afraid that if I do the AO z that I too will become high maintenance. DON'T NEED THAT!!!

but Oh so quick !!!:partydance:

C'mon now. They don't call it VELOCITY yellow for nuthin'. No offense intended to the MY folks.

Roger

That's awesome Mike. I hope you find the right one. That blue is pretty nice. :thumbs

Hey Mike, How about an Electron Blue 03 Z with an MTI forged 383 450rwhp and about 25k on the new motor? Harness bar, line lock, shift light, EXTRA-2001 Z06 Alcoa wheels with Nitto 555RII's and two rear chrome wheels?? Pretty new low mileage, new tranny and clutch you installed ?? Just a thought Ken

Did you get one yet or are ya just going to leave us hanging like a pair of stained underwear on the shower curtian!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I find my AO Z really easy to keep . Even when dirty it looks pretty good. I had a Black car once and it was PIA to keep looking good. There is a Black Z at Power chevy at 91st ave and Bell, but they want about 50K for it. I like the Blue ones too . Go to the big CF board and check there, they seem to show what the real price should be. I got a great deal on mine, low/mid 40's for 13k miles 2 LZ . Tim

Guest LOUDMIKE

Silver is the best color anyway ;) And mine is always for sale for the right price... :P

I like the silver but I know a couple people with them now and want to look a little different than them when we cruise together.

I have had a couple things come up here at work so I have put the car on the back burner but I am now looking for a 2006 coupe in Lemans blue and will be making it FI!! Budget 800 hp of course!!

Silver is the best color anyway ;) And mine is always for sale for the right price... :P

I like the silver but I know a couple people with them now and want to look a little different than them when we cruise together.

I have had a couple things come up here at work so I have put the car on the back burner but I am now looking for a 2006 coupe in Lemans blue and will be making it FI!! Budget 800 hp of course!!

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo...............

Posted Image:rockon2:

Just kiddin'.....whatever you can pull off will be cool (kinda' :lol )

Guest LOUDMIKE

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo...............

Agreed but I may have some budget go fast parts coming in and it would be a shame to destroy a Z with FI.

Posted Image:rockon2:

Just kiddin'.....whatever you can pull off will be cool (kinda' :lol )