2000 Bowling Green Vert. 84,xxx miles

Big Poppa

I think I have decided to sell my car. I love it to death, but I'm just buried by the payments and I want to get out from under. It's something very close to my dream car, but I barely make enough money to support it, and I think I would be happier without the debt. I can always do another one in the future when I am in a better spot financially.

Details....

2000 Dark Bowling Green Metallic convertible 6spd. 84,xxx miles. New black top. Asking 19,950 OBO. ($18,500 to any ACEhole)

Car dyno'd 418 hp and 398 tq on a 105 degree day. Runs very strong, idles, AC works etc. It has been my daily driver and gives me no trouble at all. Engine was modded by Loud Pedal Motorsports. Tuned by Nic D.

Engine: LS1 with ported 243 heads with 62cc chambers, sodium valves and Patriot gold springs. Heads built and ported by TEA and flowed 323.6 @ .600 on intake side. I don't remember the exhaust side. Cam is a custom Ed Curtis cam 230/232 .600/.610 108+3 LSA. Thunder racing pushrods and Comp OEM lifters. FAST 72 intake painted black and LS6 TB/filter housing. 160 degree t-stat. 34lb SVO injectors. Stock bottom end and block. LG street headers, and Corsa Pace car mufflers. It's really loud. I wanted the car to have a ton of power under the curve, and it does. The torque curve is as flat as a table. It has power everywhere.

Drivetrain: LS7 clutch with about 5000 miles on it. New hydraulics with Tick clutch bleeder when I replaced the clutch. Original torque tube and trans, though I took the trans apart and re-sealed it as it leaked when I bought it. DTE built diff (stage 2 as I remember it, the $1450 version) with polished 3.90 gears and C6Z shafts.

Other: 2002 Z06 springs and bars, Bilstein sport shocks. Drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads with about 5000 miles on them. Ace "Slick" wheels (18 x 9.5 & 19 x 11) with 285/35/18 and 335/30/19 Nitto NT05 tires. Fronts are a couple months old, rears have about 1/2-2/3 life left. B&M short shifter, shortened a bit farther. Laptrax unit that disables the traction control on startup. Depo lights with 6000k HID's and HID fogs. Front markers tinted, and tail lights have flamed blackouts. Lower rear valence painted black, though it's tough to see. Limo tint all the way around and 50% on whole windshield with a limo eyebrow strip. Recently replaced O2 sensors. Double Din bezel by DoubleD mods with dual guage holder. Has a Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT nav system with Kicker amps, subs and speakers. Entire stereo is not included at this price, but is negotiable.

I can provide specific pictures on request, and will answer any questions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are slightly older pics, but still accurate.

Posted Image

Posted ImageThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x640.Posted Image

And a video so you can hear teh loud...

Posted Image

Sorry to hear you are selling this fine machine BP. But one must do what one must do. Hope everything works out for ya. Good luck with the sale. Great looking car.

It sucks, real bad. But I'm just tired of being trapped by my bills. Life is about experiences, not possessions. I can and will do another Vette another time. I want a chance to live debt free for a while and just live any way I want.

Guest racingchester

Yah its only a car and you will have alot less stress being out from under it. Good luck on the sale and i'm sure you will have another one not to far down the road......Chuck

Guest badbobs95

We all know, sometimes S__T happens,. You were the first person I met at ACE and I know you'll get another when life permits. Good luck big guy.

Noooooooooo :(

Major suckage BP, I also haz a sad

X2

I feel your pain BP, been down that road myself in the past. Best of luck on the sale. . .

Noooooooooo :(

Major suckage BP, I also haz a sad

X2

I feel your pain BP, been down that road myself in the past. Best of luck on the sale. . .

X3

Guest Kens06

Holy $h^t Chris, everyone that knows you, knows this is a very hard decision!!

BUT, sometimes you just have to be financially smart and not kill yourself now so you can come out looking better later!!

This economy isn't fun and it's pushing a lot of people to tough decisions!

Good Luck with your Sale and please stay active here no mater what you drive!!

Ken

Damn, Chris. I'm really sorry to hear you have to let your baby go. As others have posted, don't be a stranger. Well... any stranger than normal anyway.

Chris, sorry to hear about the sale. I wish I had got to know you better! I'm sure you have already thought about this, but as you know with all the auctions this month, a lot of cars for sale will be shown at the Pavilions. I know several owners of great cars that are taking theirs there every weekend in January, especially the 22nd. Might not be a bad idea for you to try and sell it there. Good luck!

Guest Kens06

Yes, let the Pavilion people know what's up!! :thumbs I believe that is Barrett-Jackson week also..... Lots of money in town without the 8% B-J tax!! Damn what you drivin' to Gila Bend, Honey?? :banghead Ken

Y'all know I ain't gonna bail on ACE. Friends is friends no matter what car you drive. I'll still try to make lunches and whatever events don't involve redonkulous speeds. If I still have my car on the 22nd, I'll take it to the Pavs. I have to go to Denver next weekend. I'm hoping it sells quickly. I don't want to drag it out, just hurts longer that way. As a side note... I will be replacing my bike and Vette with an 89-95 Toyota 2wd xtra cab pickup, so if anyone knows of one that's nice, or affordable, let me know. Gotta be a 4cyl 5spd, and absolutely has to be an xtra cab.

Quicksilver98

Oh Man....That sux BP! I was close to doing the same thing when I got laid off last year. Luckily it wasn't for very long or it would be gone. Good luck with the sale and hope to see you back in another one soon.

Y'all know I ain't gonna bail on ACE. Friends is friends no matter what car you drive. I'll still try to make lunches and whatever events don't involve redonkulous speeds.

If I still have my car on the 22nd, I'll take it to the Pavs. I have to go to Denver next weekend.

I'm hoping it sells quickly. I don't want to drag it out, just hurts longer that way.

As a side note... I will be replacing my bike and Vette with an 89-95 Toyota 2wd xtra cab pickup, so if anyone knows of one that's nice, or affordable, let me know. Gotta be a 4cyl 5spd, and absolutely has to be an xtra cab.

Chris, if you're going to take your vette to the Pavs on the 22nd and you want a good spot, you have to be there very early. I went there on that weekend a two years ago and talked to some vette owners who parked in their usual spots on the first row. They got there by 5:30 in the moring to get those spots. Not sure when you need to be there for a spot in the first few rows, but it has to be very early in the morning. Two years ago there must have been 700 or more cars, many down from BJ that had not sold under their tents. Good luck!