C4 Wanted

Guest LT4ME

Guest LT4ME

Well, we've apparently drawn our second attempt to buy a C4 to rest today. The guys we were trying to buy the green 96 LT4 from have dropped the ball, so we're back on the market.

Anyone here know of a nice 94-96 we can pick up?

Darn. Looks like we're stuck at 3 Polo Greens!!! Sorry that it didn't work out for you. Did they not like your offer? I'm sure another one will come by soon.I drive around the valley all day and will keep my eyes openfor one.Robert :burnout

Guest LT4ME
Darn. Looks like we're stuck at 3 Polo Greens!!! Sorry that it didn't work out for you. Did they not like your offer? I'm sure another one will come by soon.I drive around the valley all day and will keep my eyes openfor one.Robert :burnout

Well, they were supposed to call me by 10am at the latest. 10am came & went, no call. I called them at noon, no answer. They finally called me at 1 and told me they hadn't heard back from the owner yet, but they expected to know something any minute and would call me back very soon. At 4pm, still no call, I called them again, no answer... I'm just fearing if it takes them this long to evaluate a deal, how long will it take them to get it tagged, titled & licensed?

I hear ya. But on the other hand they must be doing something right to be able to afford the digs that they're in. That rent can't be cheap!!! :eek But not calling and not answering the phone doesn't look good either. :angry Seeya. Robert :burnout

Guest LT4ME

Well, I tried calling one more time while on my way to look at a blue 95 and they actually answered the phone. Looks like we have a deal and if all goes well, I'll be bringing it home tomorrow night. The only two issues I found with it while checking it out were 1) The control for the driver seat back doesn't work and 2) there's a small oil leak at the very front of the intake, just under the snorkel tube. Neither one seems like a big deal.

:party

Congrats!!!!!

Discount Tire will do it swap the tire for free for you.... :thumbs

Andrew

Guest LT4ME
Congrats!!!!!

Discount Tire will do it swap the tire for free for you.... :thumbs

Andrew

I'm a Service Advisor at a Ford Dealer. I can get it done for free (or do it myself) in no time. But, thanks for the advice. :)

:D <-- me after getting it tonight.

Guest LT4ME
SWEET!!! :thumbs Robert :burnout

Thanks.

Do you have a better pic of your wheels? I really want to switch out the 'blades for some 5-stars...

W :eek W LT4 intake and Grandsport plate on the TB - is that a true LT4? or just an "upgraded"LT1?

either way it's C :cool:cool L

Guest LT4ME

"What a long, strange trip it's been..."

Well, we finally have my C4 in the garage. It's far more than I ever hoped of getting. But here's the catch: It's not the green one pictured above.

Yep, that's right; we didn't end up buying that one after all.

The guys at EAG were supposed to have had it smogged and inspected yesterday and this morning, then had all the paperwork ready for us so that we could go pick it up tonight.

Around 2pm today I got a call from the salesman telling me not only had they not done ANYTHING they said they were going to do yesterday, but they'd not done anything today either and chances were they wouldn't get anything done before the day was out and would we mind holding off until Thursday or Friday.

Now, before I go any further, keep in mind we've been trying to buy this car since about 11am last Saturday. This was now the third time they'd not done what they said they'd do when they said they'd do it and I wasn't really happy.

Ang and I are very firm believers in things being meant to be or not meant to be and have often found the things we end up the happiest with were easily obtained and the things we've had to struggle with end up as some form of bad deal when all is said and done. If we run into obstacles at every turn, it would seem it just isn't meant to be.

This car was becoming just that.

So, after getting off the phone with the salesman, I called Ang and vented for a bit and told her I was ready to walk away. She convinced me not to make any rash decisions, so I decided to go take another peek at the Auto Trader just to see.

Here's what I found:

996 CHEVROLET CORVETTE, 18,600 mi, airbag, ABS, ac, ps, cc, tilt, leather, p/seats, pw, tint, stereo, pdl, p/mirrors, Collector Edition Corvette coupe, adult driven & pampered, 330hp, 6 spd, silver w/black leather, garage kept.

Driver Air Bag;  Anti-Lock Brakes;  Air Conditioning;  Alloy Wheels;  Cruise Control;  Compact Disc Player;  Passenger Air Bag;  Rear Window Defroster;  Power Seats;  AM/FM Stereo Cassette;  Leather Seats;  Power Door Locks;  Power Mirrors;  Power Windows;  Power Steering;  Tinted Glass;  Tilt Wheel; 

I suddenly found myself on the phone to the guy and within 3 hours Angie and I were standing in his driveway drooling over this gorgeous car:

392607518.200663414.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.5

It honestly looks like it rolled off the show room floor about 5 hours ago. The only things I could find wrong with it were a slightly cracked belt, a slightly cracked control arm bushing and the back tires are mildly out of balance.

This beauty has spent its entire existence living a pampered life in a garage. The paint is so shiny it almost looks like glass.

The guy was heartbroken to let it go, but he was selling it to free up some money to do something nice for his son, who is disabled.

We rushed out to the bank, with only 15 minutes to get there, get a cashier's check and get back to him and managed to make it without a hitch.

So, my search is over. CnV lost out. Elite Automotive Group lost out. But, this guy's son won. And we came in a close second. ;)

Ok so I want to retract my first congrats for the green one, and offer a new congrats on the silver one...... :thumbs

This saga was better than some of the movies out today... :lol

Guest LT4ME
Ok so I want to retract my first congrats for the green one, and offer a new congrats on the silver one...... :thumbs

This saga was better than some of the movies out today... :lol

Thanks again! :lol

Now I just have the ever famous Vette owner conundrum: If I drive it, it'll get dirty and it can't be dirty 'cause I'll go crazy if it's dirty. If I don't drive it, I'll go crazy 'cause I gotta drive it. :burnout

I too am a firm believer in "it was meant to be". Congrats on what looks like a sweet C4. :thumbs

Guest LT4ME

Well, I brought it to work this morning and put it up on a rack & checked out the underside/chassis/suspension etc and it's just as clean underneath as it is on top. And since I work for a Ford dealer, I can honestly say it was the most beautiful thing that's ever been on that rack. ;)

Well, I brought it to work this morning and put it up on a rack & checked out the underside/chassis/suspension etc and it's just as clean underneath as it is on top. And since I work for a Ford dealer, I can honestly say it was the most beautiful thing that's ever been on that rack. ;)

:cool wonder what kind of car you'll have tomorrow..............just kidding. nice ride.

Jeez louise-the suspense was killing me!! :crazy

Thank goodness you were able to get such a nice car after all. I think it may be hard to use it as a daily since it's in such nice shape. But, all cars were meant to be driven, so enjoy it! Look forward to seeing it in person one of these days. ;)

M~