NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

brakes

CZYDMND

Hey who or where can I get a break job on a c52000 I want to upgrade to ceramic breaks and new disc pls help

Thank you

Hey who or where can I get a break job on a c52000 I want to upgrade to ceramic breaks and new disc pls help

Thank you

before you buy ANYTHING let me get you info on this

be back in a few! :leaving

Part Number: 12530681  List Price  Core Price  Your Price

Brakes - Brake components - Front pads  FRONT PADS, Corvette 1997 - 2001  $135.00  $0.00  $74.25

Part Number: 88909667  List Price  Core Price  Your Price

PAD KIT  $115.68  $0.00  $63.62

Part Number: 10445857  List Price  Core Price  Your Price

Brakes - Brake components - Front brakes - Rotor  ROTOR, Corvette, Left 1997 - 2004  $101.50  $0.00  $55.83

Part Number: 10445856  List Price  Core Price  Your Price

Brakes - Brake components - Front brakes - Rotor  ROTOR, Corvette, Right 1997 - 2004  $101.50  $0.00  $55.83

Part Number: 88926732  List Price  Core Price  Your Price

ROTOR  $102.16  $0.00  $56.19

Part Number: 88926731  List Price  Core Price  Your Price

ROTOR  $102.16  $0.00  $56.19

hope you can make sense of this - fredbeansgmparts.com

i will return with more options shortly! :leaving

there is also THIS site (and this link is specific for the 2000 corvete - as that's what criteria i searched for) AND they are a forum sponsor over at CF

***EDIT*** here's a thread about them HEREin the C4 section - i'm certain i saw a C5 post about their brakes, but can't find it yet, if i see it, i'll post it back here!

***EDIT*** not so good reviews on the C5 forum (check

THISpage for info - the thread is HUGE so i went right to the end to see why it was locked.

***EDIT*** THIS thread should sum up peoples opinion of WPD.....

so buyer beware

i'd look into the first 2 options instead!

I bought my ceramic pads from Fred Beans and did the install myself. If you're not in a hurry we can do them some weekend. There may be others here that have more experience with brakes than I do. That's what this place is all about. :thumbs

I feel a Corvette Sunday coming in the near future.......

All the Mitsubushi members are invited too.... :P

Andrew

Thank You, someone told me not to put ceramic breaks on that they are loud and they take awhile to heat up so breaking might not be there when I need them the most...... :crazy

I have done a million break jobs in my life I'm not sure I want to tackle my baby, I love that everyone is so eager to help maybe some beers and beers and a break job with some help from everyone would be fun.....and maybe we can all jump in my pool after..... :drinkers

I'm still waiting to figure out what I want yo do so it might be a month b4 I tackle that project...... :D

Thank You, someone told me not to put ceramic breaks on that they are loud and they take awhile to heat up so breaking might not be there when I need them the most...... :crazy

I have done a million break jobs in my life I'm not sure I want to tackle my baby, I love that everyone is so eager to help maybe some beers and beers and a break job with some help from everyone would be fun.....and maybe we can all jump in my pool after..... :drinkers

I'm still waiting to figure out what I want yo do so it might be a month b4 I tackle that project...... :D

C5 is one of the easiest cars to do a brake job on.

C5 is one of the easiest cars to do a brake job on.

:withstupid half an hour tops if the rotors are in good shape.

I have done a million break jobs in my life

Brian, I edited the title to this thread.. break = brake

There will be a spelling test on Friday :smilelol

We can do this when Chris is doing his oil change thing for the Corvette Sunday....

Andrew