Oh hi! Newbie in an 01 Z06

Guest SrbijaAZSale

Guest SrbijaAZSale

Name's Alex, just got an 01 Z06 after selling my G35 sedan (too slow). Car is bone stock, other than a shorty antenna and some tint (not a mod, but helps the black look better imo). Live in North Phoenix (Moon Valley area), and I've waved at/been waved at by many C4 and C5 owners (and yes, I wave back). No good pics of the car yet, but if you see a tall guy, about 27, with a shaved head and a goatee in an 01 Z06, wave, cuz its probably me :D

OK, this is getting out of hand, we need to start putting restrictions on users who register with BLACK vettes! :leaving

Guest SrbijaAZSale

Oddly enough, I've always owned white cars (call it a sickness), but just seeing the vette in black was good enough to make the change.....now, onto the dust issue with black cars and the visible swirl/scratch marks....that's another story.

No Joke!!! LOL. BTW welcome Alex. I'm up in that area alot for the work that I do, so maybe I'll see you but I'll be in a white F-150 :mad . Oh well, at least they buy the gas :P Seeya, Robert

Guest SrbijaAZSale

Even odder is the fact that I have a perceived notion that the QT gas has always been better, so the 40th St/Greenway location is my pump of choice :D Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome! :howdy

I'm sure we'll bump into each other soon. I live over the mtn from you (32nd and T-Bird). You'll give up QT when you have your first fuel guage issue. I use Chevron only if available.

If you want to work on the scratches and swirls stop by and we'll get out the old Porter Cable buffer. I've got 3yrs experience dealing with the black devil paint.

If you want to work on the scratches and swirls stop by and we'll get out the old Porter Cable buffer. I've got 3yrs experience dealing with the black devil paint.

easy to say when you have paint that is not even 6 months old now.

Howdy to Alex from Tennessee.

If you want to work on the scratches and swirls stop by and we'll get out the old Porter Cable buffer.  I've got 3yrs experience dealing with the black devil paint.

It was black before though, maybe not nearly as nice as it is now but it was black.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Welcome Alex! I too own a black beast, as does the hubby with his 01 Black Z06. lol.

I am ALWAYS happy to see another black vette on the forum! Welcome to the forum. Hope to meet ya at an event soon.

Tanya

Guest SrbijaAZSale
Welcome! :howdy

I'm sure we'll bump into each other soon. I live over the mtn from you (32nd and T-Bird). You'll give up QT when you have your first fuel guage issue. I use Chevron only if available.

Thank you for the offer. I am seriously losing it with all the swirl marks. The previous owner took meticulous care of the running condition of the car, but I don't think he really cared about the exterior at all. I appreciate the offer, and accept it any time, as the car really needs some TLC. Feel free to send me a pm or shoot me an e-mail any time to ajovicich@powerxm.com whenever you have some spare time to take care of the nonsense. I'll provide the food and the beer (or liquor, or soda, or whatever the choice of the beverages you may like/want) :D

Guest SrbijaAZSale
If you want to work on the scratches and swirls stop by and we'll get out the old Porter Cable buffer.  I've got 3yrs experience dealing with the black devil paint.

Hi Bryan, thanks for the welcome!

Guest SrbijaAZSale
Welcome Alex! I too own a black beast, as does the hubby with his 01 Black Z06. lol.

I am ALWAYS happy to see another black vette on the forum! Welcome to the forum. Hope to meet ya at an event soon.

Tanya

Thanks Tanya, looking forward to meeting you and the hubby!

Guest XLR8TNC5
Nice to have another Black Z06 around. Welcome.

Looks like the BLACK Z06's are becoming the popular car in this club now.. UH OH! :devil

Tanya