NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

1st Annual AZ Corvette Classic

Guest LT4ME

Hmmm --- limited to the first 40 Corvettes ???

And only listed on Desert Corvette's web page.

Hell, if they want their own car show, why don't they just do so.

They should be open to a hell of a lot more than 40 Corvettes.

Guest LT4ME

I think it's limited to that due to the fact that the parking lot it's being held in probably can't hold more than 40. :lol

Do they want spectators or just participants?

I would say they probably want both. That said, as Bryan alluded to if you enter don't expect to place as Desert Corvettes has a reputation of being a very closed organization. Just stating historical fact so you'll go in with your eyes open, not putting any organization/club down.

Phoenix FRC

Just a quick comment, Because my mother is in new car sales at Chapman Chevy in Tempe and the DCA has their monthly meetings there, I have been to a few, they have been talking about that for a while and yes, that's all the space they have. One of the members is hosting this from his work, that realty office of course.

Also, yes, they are a interesting group that I must admitt.

They could share the same comadarie if they owned yugo's. :ack What I mean is they don't seem to mod, just drive, take it to the stealership for tune-ups etc, no wrench turning to speak of, - they do drive them though. I must admitt that I am amazed at how much money they spend in Hotels during cruizes etc, they are always on the road. I just can't do that, I have young kids at home so the wife & I aren't so loose and free.

I sat thru two meetings and you'd think I had the plauge. :eek Nobody spoke to me at all. Maybe I'm to young, :rolleyes yeah right, at the ripe old age of 40 I'm to old. :lol

anyway, go and have fun!

I sat thru two meetings and you'd think I had the plauge. :eek Nobody spoke to me at all.

You aren't the first person that has had that problem, try showing up in anything built before 98 and see if they will even give you the time of day....

Hence the reason for ACE. Everyone is welcome here, including Eddie!

Guest LT4ME
I sat thru two meetings and you'd think I had the plauge.  :eek Nobody spoke to me at all.

You aren't the first person that has had that problem, try showing up in anything built before 98 and see if they will even give you the time of day....

Hence the reason for ACE. Everyone is welcome here, including Eddie!

When INTMD8R and I owned F-bodies still, we ran into one particular 'Vette club on occasion and the club members were definitely less-than-friendly. Out of all the car clubs we'd ever interacted with (which is somewhere between 8-10) this particular club was the only one that gave us that vibe. I'm not sure if the club you're talking about is the same one, but it sounds like it.

Oh well, let them have fun their way and we'll have fun our way. :burnout

In life you can have fun with the frinds you choose or the friends that choose you...............what did I jusat say?

:smilelol

Try parking with them at the Scottsdale Pavillions. One would think I was trying to park a Pinto in the Oval office. I had no idea that they owned that end of the parking lot... sheez...

How can the FIRST show be an ANNUAL show?

optimistic group aren't they ??

I have a trophy from their 1st Annual Desert Storm car show.

1st and only - they never did it again. Too bad, it was a nice all Chevy show down at Tempe town lake. Too many corporate buildings down there now.

I think it's limited to that due to the fact that the parking lot it's being held in probably can't hold more than 40. :lol

:agree Limited parking. We are registered, and will be there with the ACE doilie on the dash!!! See ya there... :thumbs

Guest XLR8TNC5

Yes, this parking lot is VERY small (It is shared by my Vet's office) and yes, I said VET, as in Veterinarian.

I would suggest anyone planning on going to spectate, park on the street directly behind the parking lot. I don't plan to enter the show, but will go to support P51TJ and his showing of course. I will have my beast parked on the street behind.

This is like a mile from my house as well. RUNEMASTER and INTIMD8R, where do you live? Sidewinder and I are in Dreaming Summit in Litchfield Park. And I know P51TJ is in Avondale. Wow, westsiders are stepping it up here with the vettes! Yippee!!!

Tanya

Guest LT4ME
RUNEMASTER and INTIMD8R, where do you live? Sidewinder and I are in Dreaming Summit in Litchfield Park. And I know P51TJ is in Avondale. Wow, westsiders are stepping it up here with the vettes! Yippee!!!

Tanya

We're over near Millennium High School. We were just down there at the show, voted for P51tj and not just because he's good people, his car really is the best one over there. Nicely done, with a good bit of pizzazz, but not enough to be gaudy. :cool