NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Welcome to Runemaster

dewey

Guest LT4ME

Thanks for the invite, Dewey!

Hi everybody!

Previously, In My Life:

My wife and I (she'll be along shortly with the username INTMD8R), met while drag racing at Pomona, California. At the time, we both owned Z28s, but always wished we could afford Vettes.

Fast forward 7 years (after she convinced me to move from sunny San Clemente, CA to even sunnier Phoenix, AZ) and we've long since sold off our F-bodies and fallen into a domestic groove.

Well, with race fuel in our blood, driving a pick-up and an SUV just wasn't cutting it, so a few weeks back we decided to get our hands on another fast car. As luck would have it, we stumbled into a smoking deal on a 2004 white vert with only 6400 miles on it. Needless to say, the truck now has a new owner and we have a white C5 in the garage.

This led to another problem. The truck was my daily driver and it seems like a total shame to take this low miles '04 and use it in that capacity, so we're on the hunt for a 93-96 C4.

We had a deal all but done with CnV Corvettes for a 40th Ann, but they decided honesty wasn't their best policy and we walked away from the deal.

We're going out tomorrow to look at a gorgeous green LT4 C4, and if it's as good as it seems to be, it'll be in our driveway here in Goodyear by 8pm Tuesday.

Other than that, we're dying to get back into a car club and get cruising again. Not really sure we want to get into drag racing with these cars, as breaking Vettes seems like cruelty to animals, whereas breaking a Z28 is just plain fun.

Either and/or, we're certainly up for camaraderie and you can tentatively pencil us in for that cruise to Prescott.

And no, I won't break out my metal/punk gear, but I might enjoy the show.;)

Welcome :howdy

Good luck with finding your next Vette. Stay away from CnV for cars. Their practices are not the best in the business.

Hope to see you at an event soon.

Phil... :devil

Welcome! :howdy

I have to echo Phil's statement about staying away from CnV. I guess you already learned that though.

Good Luck with your Vette hunt! :thumbs

Guest LT4ME

Thanks for the welcome, folks. :)

Is anyone familiar with a Red C5 with the license plate VETZILA? We just went out to TGIFriday's and parked next to it and a GORGEOUS C4. We hoped to catch the drivers inside or on our way out, but they were gone when we got done eating...

Guest intmd8r

Hi everyone!

After our experience with CnV, I will do everything in my power to warn people about them - I just pity those that really might not know the difference and end up getting taken by them. doh.gif

We're definitely looking forward to some cruises and we just heard about the Corvette Classic being held in our area next weekend - so we'll check that out and hope to meet some new locals there! :D

Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome threads; we're just ecstatic to again own cars we can be passionate about! wee.gif

Guest LT4ME
CnV = :U

Well, better we learned it before spending the money.

Anyone ever heard of Elite Automotive Group?

They have about 25-30 C4s they restore & sell. I drove one the other day and it was far more solid than anything CnV had to offer. We're going to look at one tomorrow night and if all goes well, bringing it home with us. :)

Guest XLR8TNC5

Awww Awesome, A hubby and wifey team. WE have a few of those on here and that is awesome you both have a need for speed and power together. I can honestly say Mark (Sidewinder) and I can relate. Then of course, there is AnMRacing and AnMRacing2 on here. If I forgot any other hubbby wife teams on here I apologize.

But welcome and I am sorry about the CNV experience. Those guys are the worst!!! I had them treat me like POOPOO when I was looking for my first C5. WRONG thing to do when you are trying to sell overpriced, extremely high mileage, lazily maintained, beat up Corvettes. But hey, that was just my experience.

Good luck with the C4 purchase. There are a couple of Polo Green C4's on this forum.

Take care and we look forward to meeting you both.

Tanya

Guest LT4ME

Thanks, Tanya. The more I think about it, the happier I am we didn't do business with CnV. And hopefully tomorrow, there'll be 3 polo green C4s in the club. ;)

I believe that yours will be the 4th. Welcome and good luck on your purchase

Still have a long way to go to catch up with the army of black Vettes though!

Good luck with the C4 purchase Runemaster! So you know, this group will demand details and pics asap! :thumbs

CnV =  :U

Well, better we learned it before spending the money.

Anyone ever heard of Elite Automotive Group?

They have about 25-30 C4s they restore & sell. I drove one the other day and it was far more solid than anything CnV had to offer. We're going to look at one tomorrow night and if all goes well, bringing it home with us. :)

Elite Automotive Group

I once sent them an email to try and sell one of my previous Corvettes to them but never heard back from them. I must have been asking too much for it. :D

I believe they have an indoor showroom and usually carry high end vehicles. I was looking at a Mercedez online a while back but never really followed through on it.

Good luck on the LT4 Polo Green. Let us know on the expirience with them.

Phil... :devil

Guest LT4ME

Quiktrip> The more the merrier. :) The one I was buying from CnV was a Ruby 40th, it was stunning, but they were pretty dishonest about work they'd done to it, so I can only imagine what else they were hiding.

Eddie44> We can only afford two, unfortunately, so there won't be any army-catching for us... at least not until we buy that winning Powerball ticket. ;)

1EvilC5> They are a bit disorganized, that's for sure. They do indeed have an indoor warehouse that I got a peak at Saturday. If you like C4s, then this place is heaven.

I'm going over there right after work today, so hopefully by 8pm tonight I'll be able to fill you in on the experience.

Guest intmd8r

I certainly hope the Polo Green is as clean as it appears on the internet so he can stop driving my C5 everyday! :rolftongue2.gif

In all seriousness, that warehouse of cars was pretty sweet. They all looked pretty immaculate and I'm anxious for them to actually open the doors to give us a peek! wink.gif

Here's to hoping we find our 2nd vette tonight! crossfingers.gif

Hey mike, if that 96 is a vert there is a Polo Green hard top for sale on the CF. If it's a coupe then disregard the last statement. Seeya, Robert

post-5-1145916305.jpg

Guest LT4ME
Hey mike, if that 96 is a vert there is a Polo Green hard top for sale on the CF. If it's a coupe then disregard the last statement. Seeya, Robert

It's a coupe. And I'm leaving to go look at it in a few minutes. Wish me luck! :D :burnout

Any report on the Vette?????

Oh, and welcome aboard..... Hope you can make it out this Saturday...

Andrew

:burnout | :burnout

__________Finish line!

Guest LT4ME

Well, we just got back and the car is gorgeous. It totally raised the mental bar on what to expect from a C4 after having only really driven the ones at CnV. These guys know their stuff and they're genuine car guys, not just carpet baggers.

We made them an offer and they're running it past the car's owner tonight. If all goes well, we should be picking it up no later than Saturday AM, if not sooner.

:D

Here's a pic of it:4408.jpg

And, what's going on Saturday?

Then of course, there is AnMRacing and AnMRacing2 on here.

Tanya

She ripped off my name.... :P

Thomas is haveing a Corvette Saturday.... I'm hopin' to get there before everyone leaves but I have to work..... :banghead Hopefully I'll be able to find it otherwise Melissa might have to spend the night...... :P

Good luck with the Vette... Can't wait to see it up close.....

Hey Melissa,

I'll see you down the hall, I'm signing off.... :P

Andrew

Sat is a "Corvette Saturday". Stop by and show off the new ride :thumbs

Looks Great!!! But definitly come by on Sat. so that we can turn your wheels around...they're on backwards.At least the fronts are, I can't tell on the rears. No biggy, but I did notice it. Seeya there, Robert :burnout

Guest LT4ME

We have a pretty full dance card this Saturday, so unfortunately, I don't think we'll be able to drop by.

Does anyone go out to Pavilions on Saturdays? I'm thinking we're going to want to do that the following saturday with both cars (that is *if* we have 2 by then).

Quiktrip> I hadn't even noticed the wheel thing, but now that you say that, I looked at some otehr pics and the rears are going one way and the fronts another... :lol Good job them.

We try to get out to Pavilions every now and then... Hope to see you there sometime.....

Andrew