'85 Body Work Project

TigerVette

Guest badbobs95

I know - I know - I know, they are flaps that pop up so the driver and pasenger can't see where they are going for a more exciting driving experience !!!

Are you going to mount some lights facing backwards ??? That way you have to wear sunglasses all the time for that cool look !!!

Fiberglass is underway! It will be functional for air intake and under-hood venting via existing duct work (similar to the 84's hood).

Waiting for the molds to dry so I can glass the other cutouts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

A little more glass work done, (the excess cloth is folded under for now to see the shape better).

Any guesses on what they're going to be?

Posted Image

Either fixed headlight buckets or you have a really large dog to need pooper scoopers that big!!! :eek What do I win ???

you have a really large dog to need pooper scoopers that big!!!

That's a good idea, I should make another one. :lol

Got more glass drying now, you can also see the other grinding and sanding going on

Posted Image

Posted Image

Heat extractor vents :thumbs

<-- added a sneak peek

good place for them...that woulda been my next guess! LOL!

good place for them...that woulda been my next guess! LOL!

Thanks, I should have the other side glassed in Saturday and will post pics. This is just the outer layer of fiberglass and it's already taken on quite a shape.

What is hot right there? Turbos?

No turbos, but the underside opening is above the headers but it will allow all general engine heat out. I'll also be using the front scoop to help air flow and will be cutting some directional vents within the hood frame work.

Looks is my primary purpose here, but aiding to reduce under hood temps will be nice (especially with the noticeable increase of heat since adding headers/aluminum heads/and moving to Arizona) :lol

• 3 weeks later...

Finally had some time to get the other scoop mold glassed in place and begin more shaping.

So you can better see the overall design, I lightened the color of the wet fiberglass to match the hood and darkened where the cut outs will be. :thumbs

Posted Image

Hey, one of them is crooked.... sort of like Peters exhaust tips! I'm not going to tell you which one is off because I don't want you to get a complex over it!

Hey, one of them is crooked.... sort of like Peters exhaust tips!

Don't you worry yourself. The picture was taken slightly crooked, but the cut outs are squared....