NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

05/12-13/06 - Phoenix International Raceway

MOTV8

Okay, you old, grey haired 'vette owners :D ....here's your chance:

GTLIVE link

If you have kids of a certain age, as I do, this is what they are interested in, car and bike-wise. Or, if you just wanna see what the young whipper-snappers and "next generation" car peeps are all about. Fashizzle.

I'll be taking both of my boys, as they think I'm a coot already with this 'vette stuff. Try as I might, posters of 'vette's and other V8 muscle have not managed to stay up on their walls. I know, I know, a shallow and none too subtle attempt at mild brain washing...but I've failed! They both love the 'fast and the furious' stuff. Civics. 240SX's. Eclipse's! :banghead WTF.

I'm thinking shock therapy of a sorts will be my "a.c.e. in the hole"...I might have to call upon one of you guys with the serious go-fast goodies to take 'em for a "ride".... :eek

:devil

I'm thinking shock therapy of a sorts will be my "a.c.e. in the hole"...I might have to call upon one of you guys with the serious go-fast goodies to take 'em for a "ride".... :eek

:devil

That is what it takes sometime to get someone to understand what Corvettes really can do. They never get the respect on TV/Movies so most people do not respect it.

Phil... :devil

Don't get me wrong, both my boys LOVE my 'vette, and have taken to throwing sneers and scoffs at mustangs, hehe...gotta train 'em young. :devil But they are much more interested in the kinda cars at the link/show I posted. They BEGGED to go to this thing, almost as bad as the monster truck jamboree they wanted to go to. :huh I guess I'm ahead as long as they have SOME interest in anything other than video games!

Anyway, I do like watching the bike stunts and I'm sure there'll be some eye candy at the car/bike show....

:burnout

Guest XLR8TNC5
Don't get me wrong, both my boys LOVE my 'vette, and have taken to throwing sneers and scoffs at mustangs, hehe...gotta train 'em young. :devil But they are much more interested in the kinda cars at the link/show I posted. They BEGGED to go to this thing, almost as bad as the monster truck jamboree they wanted to go to. :huh I guess I'm ahead as long as they have SOME interest in anything other than video games!

Anyway, I do like watching the bike stunts and I'm sure there'll be some eye candy at the car/bike show....

I went to the last one of these at Speedworld and it was really cool to be honest with you. The place turns into a completely different kind of place at this event. Car shows, rave parties, etc...It is definitely geared toward the import racers and such, but they do have girls in bikini's on stage and the guys on the bikes doing stunts and performing are really cool.

I went with some friends from SWDSM and we had a blast. Even though I don't own my Eclipse anymore, they were all cool about not giving me crap about my Corvette which was parked out in the DIRT parking lot getting totally dusty and dirty. But that may have been because the guy with the Supra got his ass handed to him in the Deckpark tunnel on our way over there. lol.... We had a great time...

Word of warning though: I don't know how old your boys are, but the girls in the bikini's did not keep their bikini's on. I know, cool for you guys, but I think it was inappropriate with all the little kids that were there.

I wouldn't mind going to this again though.

Tanya

...but the girls in the bikini's did not keep their bikini's on.

Tanya

:devil That's the best marketing tagline I've heard in months! How convenient for me!!! :smilelol