NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Welcome to r40734

1EvilC5

Welcome to Kipp :howdy

Year of Corvette: 2003

Color: Black

Another new member from Gilbert with a Black Corvette. Sounds like you recently have been bitten by the Mod Bug.

Hope to hear you are having a Corvette Saturday soon so we can come by and help/watch you place them on your Vette.

If you want to attend one before you open your garage to this group, I do not blame you. :smilelol

How about some pictures of the Z06.

Oh, I almost forgot, can you explain the "r40734" member name.

Phil... :devil

I've been "collecting" the mods for quite a while now, just haven't had the time to install any of them. I've been working 70+ hours a week for a couple of years now and a fair amount of that has been out of town.

Some of the parts are just me getting prepared for disasters, like a smoked clutch (Fidanza lightweight flywheel and Spec 2+ clutch). The stocker is still holding up fine, I just hate waiting for performance goodies when the time comes.

The member name is just a really old employee number I had at one time and have used as a login name on forums for over a decade. Boring, but easy for me to remember.... most of the time.

Thanks for the Welcome.

P.S. Not sure about a mod day yet. My schedule requires me to work every weekend.

Guest XLR8TNC5

WE need to change the name of ACE to "BLACK CORVETTES CLUB" lol... Welcome to the forum Kipp. Honestly, I do not know how you do it though. Keeping all those goodies in the garage and not installing them. Goodies in the garage is like having a bit off money burning a hole in my pocket. It never would happen with me. lol.

But I understand the whole working tons and tons of hours ordeal. Well, hopefully you can make it to an event sometime soon. Would love to see the Z.

Take care,

Tanya

Phoenix FRC

Hey Kipp, welcome, I have been wondering what the number thing meant but never remembered to ask.

FWIW, I was thinking about changing my screen name but haven't figured it out yet. On the National forum I used Phoenix FRC but it's not really placing me correctly. Maybe it should be Newbie... :lol

Should we ask the oldtimer(s) / Do It your-selfers to hold a mod day for us? I think we should :D

Kipp-san, I just realized that I've known you for almost two years now... time flys when your having fun... :thumbs

Later,

Thomas

Welcome Kipp! :howdy

Thomas, be careful what you ask for around here. You want to change your name it's liable to be done for you (under your avatar) by one really bored admin cause he lives in Gila Bend and everyone knows nothing ever happens there. :lol:lol

FWIW, I was thinking about changing my screen name but haven't figured it out yet. On the National forum I used Phoenix FRC but it's not really placing me correctly. Maybe it should be Newbie... :lol

I had it done once, all I did was send a PM to a moderator or Administrator and they changed it for me.

It was that simple.

Now the hardest part is thinking what you want to be known as.

Phil... :devil

WE need to change the name of ACE to "BLACK CORVETTES CLUB" lol... Welcome to the forum Kipp. Honestly, I do not know how you do it though. Keeping all those goodies in the garage and not installing them. Goodies in the garage is like having a bit off money burning a hole in my pocket. It never would happen with me. lol.

But I understand the whole working tons and tons of hours ordeal. Well, hopefully you can make it to an event sometime soon. Would love to see the Z.

Take care,

Tanya

More like "Hi-Tech Waterspots Club of AZ" :banghead

It doesn't rain much here, but when it does I ALWAYS get caught in it and, more importantly, I don't know what is in the rain around here but it isn't easy to wash off after it dries.

As far as the mods go, every long term friend I have, if they live in this state or not, as me what I've done to the car since the last time we talked. None of them believe me when I tell them it's still stock. I don't even have a stock bicycle at my house, so it really is weird. I've even been known to buy a specific car here and there only because of a mod I want to do to it, then I sell it after the "mod attack" is over.

My biggest driving force for doing something with this car now is Thomas and his newly aquired FRC. He's a pretty persuasive guy, so watch out. :cool

Howdy from Avondale! :howdy Other than Thomas I am the only non black car to post here. I rememer a time that this "club" had other colors in it than black... where did you all go???? :lol Hope to meet up with ya soon!

Polo Green Welcoming you to the forum. Seeya, Robert :burnout

and you know what "they" say......

WHITE IS RIGHT! :leaving

Polo Green Welcoming you to the forum. Seeya, Robert    :burnout

But GREEN is KEEN!!! :D Robert :burnout:burnout

Polo Green Welcoming you to the forum. Seeya, Robert    :burnout

But GREEN is KEEN!!! :D Robert :burnout:burnout

:rolleyes whatever that means?!

Phoenix FRC
It doesn't rain much here, but when it does I ALWAYS get caught in it and, more importantly, I don't know what is in the rain around here but it isn't easy to wash off after it dries.

Well that's what you get for being a member of Team black, I know and earned my rights to say so because this Vette is the first car I've owned that wasen't black.

Kipp, I'm going to think up a real nice nic-name for your car like "Black Lightining" because it travels at the speed of light, if it strickes the same place twice you couldn't prove it and it's invisible at night.. ;)

My biggest driving force for doing something with this car now is Thomas and his newly aquired FRC. He's a pretty persuasive guy, so watch out.

Not true, that smoking Z06 is still bone stock right down to the paper air filter. :banghead When are gong to life the hood Mr..??? :lol Sheesh..

I'm telling you, if you don't bolt one of those mods on your Vette soon your going to run over a skunk or something.. :lol:rolf:devil

Hey Kipp, welcome from Peoria! :howdy

Don't worry 'bout the noob with the powder-puff blue stocker talkin' smack, WE ALL KNOW BLACK IS FASTER! ;)

:burnout

Not true, that smoking Z06 is still bone stock right down to the paper air filter.  :banghead  When are gong to life the hood Mr..???  :lol  Sheesh..

I'm telling you, if you don't bolt one of those mods on your Vette soon your going to run over a skunk or something..  :lol  :rolf  :devil

You telling me that the hood lifts up? Why didn't you say something earlier? :toetap Refilling the oil after draining it sucks from under the car. :banghead

Guest XLR8TNC5

Not true, that smoking Z06 is still bone stock right down to the paper air filter.  :banghead  When are gong to life the hood Mr..???  :lol  Sheesh..

I'm telling you, if you don't bolt one of those mods on your Vette soon your going to run over a skunk or something..  :lol  :rolf  :devil

You telling me that the hood lifts up? Why didn't you say something earlier? :toetap Refilling the oil after draining it sucks from under the car. :banghead

ROTFL!!! :smilelol I imagine it would be hard to fill the oil that way... I know you're kidding.... :huh right? lol....

Tanya

P.S. Even I know the hood lifts, I just can't find the rod that holds it up....

FWIW, I was thinking about changing my screen name but haven't figured it out yet.

I like "Phoenix FRC". :leaving

And welcome Kipp :howdy