Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Tom

C5 Wheels on a C4

Big Tom

As you can see by the pics I have gotten a set of wheels to dress up the Vert a bit. My questions are:

What size tires did you run? The wheels are stock C5, 17' & 18' The old tires were Kumho's. 275/40/17

Where do I get tires? I worry about damage to the wheels upon mounting?

Where do I find nicer lug nuts than the stock ones?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

mrhusker

Sunstroked on this forum bought my C5 Z06 sized wheels from me. I can't remember what size tires he went with. If you pm him he should reply. His car is also lowered and it looks great.

Guest badbobs95

Hey dude, I had a prolem with the air leaking out of my fronts so I took it to Discount tire and they took off all four tires and cleaned up the inside of my wheels which were chromed at some point in time. I have not had a problem since! They did a beautiful job and my chromes don't have a scratch on them. They only charged me $25.00 and they also re-balanced them! What a deal. That's where I'm going when I need new tires. When I bought my car, it had black lugs so I went on Ebay and got new chromes for $15.95 from Tuneshop with free shipping. Their # is 626-941-0111. Hope that helps. Bad Bob

HOXXOH

When I bought my car, it had black lugs so I went on Ebay and got new chromes for $15.95 from Tuneshop with free shipping. Their # is 626-941-0111. Hope that helps.

Bad Bob

I just received new lugnuts from them this week. Good stuff. Ask for Candi Lai in sales.

F22trainer

I know Robert (Quicktrip) has them on his C4... :thumbs:thumbs on Discount Tire. They'll do it right! I've got ZR-1 rims with Grand Sport offset - therefore I needed spacers. I don't think you will as yours is a later model. I think you can use the appropriate stock tires for those rims with no problems. (the adapters/spacers were $250). Those are going to look GREAT on your 'vert- post pics' when you get them done!!!

jstrutt

Here is a link for Tuneshop. The C5 tire size is:

Front: P245/45ZR-17

Rear: P275/40ZR-18

Big Poppa

If you're doing NEW rubber... Take it to a Discount and have some test fitted. I would assume but don't know that you could do 265/40/17's up front and 295/35/18's out back, the same as a C5Z. You can also get new lugs at Discount when you go in for test fitting and or tire purchase. Have you searched the big forum? SOMEONE there has to have done this, and you can lean on that knowledge.

Big Tom

If you're doing NEW rubber... Take it to a Discount and have some test fitted. I would assume but don't know that you could do 265/40/17's up front and 295/35/18's out back, the same as a C5Z. You can also get new lugs at Discount when you go in for test fitting and or tire purchase.

Have you searched the big forum? SOMEONE there has to have done this, and you can lean on that knowledge.

I assumed that since the stock C4 size was 275/40/17 that I would be able to run the same size on the C5 fronts. I'll be doing new tires as the rims are naked now. I'll try a search on the big forum and stop at Discount tire tomorrow.

Big Tom

New chromes for $15.95 from Tuneshop with free shipping are on their way... Thanks for that tip....

Big Poppa

Ya, you can do the 275 fronts on the car, but aren't the front C5 wheels narrower than your front C4 wheels? I thought the C4 wheels were 9.5" wide.

Big Tom

Ya, you can do the 275 fronts on the car, but aren't the front C5 wheels narrower than your front C4 wheels? I thought the C4 wheels were 9.5" wide.

Yup, you are correct, the C4's are 9.5 and the C5's are 8.5.

Big Poppa

well, 275's are pretty big for an 8.5" wheel. 265's are pushing it. I wouldn't go bigger on my car, but you can test fit and see how they do.

Bigfoot

I'm running the following on stock C5 sizes: 255/40/17 front 295/35/18 rear I really like the stance too.

jstrutt

I'm running the following on stock C5 sizes:

255/40/17 front

295/35/18 rear

I really like the stance too.

nice... :lol

Big Tom

255/40/17 front

295/35/18 rear

I like the idea of running the larger sizes but I don't want to have to put Mud Flaps on the car................... :facepalm:

Bigfoot

255/40/17 front

295/35/18 rear

I like the idea of running the larger sizes but I don't want to have to put Mud Flaps on the car................... :facepalm:

I can't say about the C4, but on the C5 there is no need.

Shifty

255/40/17 front

295/35/18 rear

Meh, I'm running a 315r30-18 on my 89 without it sticking out (fronts are a 275r35-17, but I'm running the 9.5 width up front), on C6-Z06 repros.

Posted Image

Jason at Jack Furrier's Western Tire Golf Links in Tucson is very good with custom wheels.. :shifter:

F22trainer

255/40/17 front

295/35/18 rear

Meh, I'm running a 315r30-18 on my 89 without it sticking out (fronts are a 275r35-17, but I'm running the 9.5 width up front), on C6-Z06 repros.

Posted Image

Jason at Jack Furrier's Western Tire Golf Links in Tucson is very good with custom wheels.. :shifter:

Me too... I just want to know how you got around using the adapters!!!

Mine stick out just a schosh on rears. Now if I were to add a set of GS fender flares that would go away.

Posted Image

Shifty

It may have something to do with teh fact that they are repros (from teh now defunct Tomz Wheelz). One thing for certain though, I will never go with 315-18's again, way too pricey! I should have stuck with 17"s all teh way around, or moved up to 18" front

with smaller rubber, and 19" rear if I wanted to stagger-size.

F22trainer

It may have something to do with teh fact that they are repros (from teh now defunct Tomz Wheelz). One thing for certain though, I will never go with 315-18's again, way too pricey! I should have stuck with 17"s all teh way around, or moved up to 18" front

with smaller rubber, and 19" rear if I wanted to stagger-size.

:agree

Bigfoot

Tomz Wheelz is gone??? Did not know.

Shifty

Tomz Wheelz is gone??? Did not know.

I'm not completely certain, but I believe he fell to teh "Big C"... :(

Jester

I just checked my wife's wheels that I pulled off and they were the same style wheels running Front 275 40 ZR17 Rear 295 35 ZR18 Thin spokes look great on your car !

TigerVette

Recently picked up some C5 Z06 wheels for my '85. After they go out to the powdercoater I'm going to run the 295/35R-18 BF Goodrich g-Force for the rears.