NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Hello Everyone....new member here!

ROMISZ

Hello everyone!!! My name is Robert and after months of being a guest looker, I decided to join your forum.

The reason I am posting in the EVENTS area is I do not live in AZ, but I am flying out this Thursday (April 20th), and returning May 2 (Tuesday). I am going to be in exploring, sight seeing, and job hunting (MRI Technologist) mode while I visit. Any help you great people on this forum can give me in the way of things to see, do, experience woould be appreciated. I see the only event during this time is the Audiofest on 4/22. I will probably be there.

My interest, of course anything car related, hiking, sight seeing, Country Music (yes, I enjoy line and couple dancing). I am also looking at homes, and according to realtor.com, Chandler and Gilbert looks pretty good, I can not afford areas like Scottsdale. Are there any realtors onboard??

And most important, I own a 2003 Electron Blue Z06, with full Black interior and Chrome Z06 wheels. Only mod is a 12 Disc changer. I enjoy rides and especially enjoy autocrossing.

Big THANK YOU ahead of time. ....................Robert :burnout

Welcome aboard Robert!

We, the family, used to live in Gilbert until we got sick of the crowded city and crime. :smilelol

Now we are banished to the high country. Maybe we'll see ya on a cruise someday in the future.

Kameron

Welcome,

Every Saturday there is a Car Show at the Scottsdale Pavillions located on Indian Bend and the 101 freway in Scottsdale. You will get a fill of Corvettes and all other types of cars. Something will most likely pop up. If not we can set something up and have dinner and try and gather as many members as possible.

As for sight seeing, Sedona & the Grand Canyon. Plenty of small mining towns that are worth seeing thoughout the state.

As for Hiking: Camelback Mountain, Papago Mtn, Squaw Peak, South Mtn, Sedona, Grand Canyon, plenty more out there.

Sporting Events: Phoenix Suns Playoffs, Arizona Diamond Backs.

Concerts: Kid Rock 4/22 - Cricket Pavillion, McDowell Music Festival 4/28 -4/29 - Westworld of Scottsdale

As for home locations, Chandler and Gilbert are great locations which continue to grow. I personally live in Gilbert. There is a new Hospital that is scheduled to open in Gilbert also.

Do you know where you will be staying in town during this visit, maybe we can recmmend restruants and other activities.

Enjoy your vist.

Phil... :devil

there is a gathering i just posted in events - SUNDAY APRIL 30 - the Scottsdale Exotic Car Club has extended an invitation to a couple of us that went to the races a couple weeks ago, but their webpage says it is open to all MEMBERS AND GUESTS of SECC!

that might be a good cruise - as it's to christopher creek AZ (sedona area i think)

there is a gathering i just posted in events - SUNDAY APRIL 30 - the Scottsdale Exotic Car Club has extended an invitation to a couple of us that went to the races a couple weeks ago, but their webpage says it is open to all MEMBERS AND GUESTS of SECC!

that might be a good cruise - as it's to christopher creek AZ (sedona area i think)

Christopher Creek is on the way to Payson on the BeeLine Highway.

Christopher Creek is on the way to Payson on the BeeLine Highway.

Christopher Creek is between Payson and the Mogollon Rim area. It's NE of Payson.

I would personally suggest the Chandler / Gilbert area, far north Phx area or the west valley (Litchfield, Goodyear, Etc). It would depend on where you find employment. Cross valley commutes can be hell!

It doesn't sound like you'll be here for "Corvette Saturday" at the Pavillions but it's still a great show for all kinds of hotrods, streetrods and muscle cars.

Welcome to the forum and definitely lets make plans to get the group together while you're here. :howdy

there's a hospital over by my work at 27th ave. and beardsley and a some nice homes in the area too - don't count north phoenix off your list just yet!

If we do not have any Realtors speak up, go ahead and contact

Hope Salas

HS068.JPG

1st USA Realty

480/720-4305

Her website is Click here

Her email is hopesoffice@cox.net

Mention Phil Zuniga recommended her.

Good Luck House Hunting

Phil... :devil

there's a hospital over by my work at 27th ave.

That's John C. Lincoln Hospital if you want to do some research

Well, sounds like everyone covered most everything....

I woudl add Superstition Mountain and South Mountain to the scenic hiking thing. Driving the Apache trail up to Tortilla Flats woudl be fun too.

As for housing, if you want more for your money, you may want to look in the outer areas. Not sure if that is a concern. Apache Junction, Casa Grande and Maricopa are offering some good value for the money. (Larger homes less money) Established areas are always nice cause you know what you are in for the day you move in. Mesa, Gilbert and Chandler are good for that. Lots of MRI facilities in the East Valley.....

Anyways, good luck!

If you need more specifics just shout!

What a nice bunch of responses in such a short time, shows me what a great group of people you are!! Gee, even some possible dinner arrangements.

I am going to post tomorrow, Tuesday, where I will be staying, probably a Motel 6 in Mesa. This way I will be close to Gilbert and Chandler, so I can take frequent trips in those areas to get a feel.

If there is a Car Show every Saturday at the Scottsdale Pavillons, well I will be there Saturday April 22nd. That sounds great.

I am going to visit some friends in San Diego around April 26th to 29th, (Weds-Sat). I will definately try to be back for that Scottsdale Exotic Car Show in Christopher Creek on Sunday April 30th.

I leave Phoenix Tuesday May 2nd.

If anyone wants to get in touch with me, my email is (romisz@msn.com) , this way

I can exhange my cell # and your #.

Thanks again...........Robert :burnout

Maybe we'll stop by Pavilions on saturday too.... It would be great to meet you. Who all is thinkin' of going?????

Andrew

PS. Welcome to the forum.....

:burnout | :burnout

___________ Finish line!!!!

I won't be having a BBQ in Gila Bend, and there is nothing in my crappy town to do anyway, so my suggestion is to mark it off your list of places to visit... :lol

Welcome to our forum :thumbs

:howdy Hi again everybody. Just to let you know, I will be staying at Motel 6 in Mesa on 336 West Hampton Ave., if anyone gets the urge to do something. Thier phone # is 480 844-8899, they will not give you the room #, but will let you leave a messsage if I am not there. Dates I am staying is April 20th(Thurs) to April 24th(Mon).

I will attend as many car functions as I can, so if someone 6 foot 2 inch, with brown hair and blue eyes come up to you and say his name is Robert, do not be surprised, I will hunt you out by your vette-appeal.

................Robert :burnout

I'll be out of town while you are here, sorry I'll miss ya. I see you are from PA. GO STEELERS!!!

Hey Robert, it was good talking to you earlier. We'll see you sometime while you're here. Later, Robert :burnout

Hey Chris, can you double check with SECC to see if some of us non-members and non-guests can particapate in this as well? Wouldn't want to crash the party so to speak. Let us know. Robert :burnout