3rd Annual Gila Bend BBQ Cruise

BSeery

Bob Kroener and wife may be attending as well.

I added them to the list.

Along with Lori's husband...

so will there be a rain delay?

No, this is on for sure, bring your daily driver if you need to, just show up. :thumbs:

Big Change!!

Once again for the top of page #5...

Quote:

Big change

We as of today, we have moved the BBQ to the Gila Bend Elks Lodge.

Only one thing is going to change, there will be a full open bar, you can still bring your own soda if you want, and we have some waters?

The only draw back is you will not be able to bring in your own beer. I hope this doesn't?t inconvenience anyone, but it?s all for the better.

We will now have almost 40 acres to park, tons of seating, and plenty of room to serve the food, plus if it does decide to rain, lots of indoor room too?..

The Elks Lodge is on the far east end of Gila Bend, before you enter town on the north side of the road?

This info will also be posted on both forums.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions?

mapimage.JPG

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• BSeery

• 3,503 lbs of trouble

Guest NOS_Z06

Yesterday my wife got sick and she's staying home from work again today. Unfortunately she was going to be my driver since I blew my knee out when I was running across the parking lot to accept the best of show trophy at the DCA show in Scottsdale on Sunday. (That?s what I get for trying to slink out early with my 3rd place Modified Corvette class plaque. :rolleyes: ) So I?m going to have to wimp out of the GB event. :(

Hopefully I?ll see some of you at the Pavilions next week and my knee will be feeling better. :thumbs: Maybe I?ll even bring my DCA trophies for show (off) and tell. :D

Ray & June :cheers:

DCA_2005_Cole_memoria2l.jpg

Yesterday my wife got sick and she's staying home from work again today.  Unfortunately she was going to be my driver since I blew my knee out when I was running across the parking lot to accept the best of show trophy at the DCA show in Scottsdale on Sunday.  (That?s what I get for trying to slink out early with my 3rd place Modified Corvette class plaque.  :rolleyes: )  So I?m going to have to wimp out of the GB event.  :(

Hopefully I?ll see some of you at the Pavilions next week and my knee will be feeling better.  :thumbs:  Maybe I?ll even bring my DCA trophies for show (off) and tell.  :D

Ray & June    :cheers:

DCA_2005_Cole_memoria2l.jpg

Sorry to hear the bad news on you knee, hope both June and yourself are feeling better soon.

:cheers: on the trophy.

Phil...

Guest c5-2001vertman

:howdy: Ladies and Gentlemen, I am the one who suggested that the In-n-out @ EXIT 129 would be too congested and suggested keep going west on I-10 to Verrado Way @ EXIT 120. It is a brand new exit and at the top of the ramp turn right and go north till you can turn around and head back toward I-10 ramp. You will be able to park on the Parkway and wait till the rest of the cars come along. You will be able to see them coming. Then down the ramp and off to GB BBQ.

Bob Kroener

:howdy: Ladies and Gentlemen, I am the one who suggested that the In-n-out @ EXIT 129 would be too congested and suggested keep going west on I-10 to Verrado Way @ EXIT 120. It is a brand new exit and at the top of the ramp turn right and go north till you can turn around and head back toward I-10 ramp. You will be able to park on the Parkway and wait till the rest of the cars come along. You will be able to see them coming. Then down the ramp and off to GB BBQ.

Bob Kroener

I have no problem meeting at another location.  We can have someone hang out at the in & out to direct people who don't get the message.

Guest c5-2001vertman

I will be waiting at the Verrado Way Exit 120 up on the Parkway. Since it will probably be raining look for my white Honda Accord. If some how the sun is shining, I'll have the White C-5 Convertible.

Bob Kroener

Guest XLR8TNC5

I hate to say this but we won't be able to make it. We both have the crud that is going around, wicked sore throat, fever, congested, all around feeling like crap. I would hate to transfer this to anyone. We hope everybody has fun and we will see you guys at the next gathering. Tanya says "Everyone be safe".

Mark

I hate to say this but we won't be able to make it. We both have the crud that is going around, wicked sore throat, fever, congested, all around feeling like crap. I would hate to transfer this to anyone. We hope everybody has fun and we will see you guys at the next gathering. Tanya says "Everyone be safe".

Mark

Guest XLR8TNC5

Yeh, long time no see. Trust me we want to go but honestly don't think we could make the drive even though it's not that long. I was looking forward to putting the smack down on "someones black 98" (she is sleeping), while driving down there. Plus, I will go just about anywhere there is good friends and BEER or vise versa :drinkers

Mark

Anybody else notice? We have another rookie in our little group!

Mark on the ACE Forum!

Sorry! Shouldn't kick a guy when he's down! :D

Mark

Anybody else notice? We have another rookie in our little group!

Mark on the ACE Forum!

Sorry! Shouldn't kick a guy when he's down! :D

Well, I had a great time!! :cheers:

The weather and motorhomes kept everyone in line on the way there!!

The trip home was longer, but more spirited!! :burnout:

I'll post a few pics later

Ken

Posted these on the Corvette Forum also.

The hearty ones that came out to play in the rain

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

The ?Chickens? whose Vettes melt in the rain :lol: :lol:

DSC00409.jpg

We had the Elks Lodge to ourselves.

DSC00398.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

Our ride home was a "little more spirited" too. That was until we came upon the Ford Expedition and Chad said "that's not a ski rack on top of that SUV". I realized it was MCSO with a low profile light bar. No doubt in my mind that he knew what we'd been doing but wanted to F@#K with us cause he did the speed limit all the way to I-10. I was glad to see him go WB when we turned EB. Scary moment! :eek:

Guest CactusTracy

I had so much fun today!

I really like it when ACE gets together like that!

And I can't wait for the next cruise.....maybe my husband will even let me ride with him! :thumbs:

3,503 lbs of trouble

WOW, I had a great time this year. It's always good to see everyone, and the food was :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: . The Elks Club made all the difference. Hope they know how much we appreciate them allowing us to use their facility! And a super thanks to the Tomko's for making the effort. I hope the donations were enough to cover your costs.

The ?Chickens? whose Vettes melt in the rain

DSC00409.jpg

3,503 lbs of trouble
I had so much fun today!

I really like it when ACE gets together like that!

And I can't wait for the next cruise.....maybe my husband will even let me ride with him! :thumbs: