PAGING JOE - sloryde

F22trainer

Joe,

I got my tires and I should have them on the car Monday. I'd like to get the alignment done on my '87...got any appoinments open next week? Email me.

Michael

I also would like to set up an appointment for an alignment for my C5.

Let me know when you might have some time I can come by to have it done.

Thanks,

Phil... :devil

Guest XLR8TNC5

Thanks,

:withstupid Me three for an alignment.

Tanya

Hey Michael,

Sorry I didn't see you today.... Hope you like the tires....

Andrew

I'd like to lower mine a little more. Maybe you could cut us a group rate Joe. We could have an alignment day at Classic Gold. :yesnod

Hey Michael,

Andrew

Hey Andrew...

da trainer' has da bling again. Got an alignment in the morning (7 AM :ack) They look great - haven't got on the freeway but briefly to see if the vibration was still there - it is. Alignment should take care of it. Croos your fingers or we'll see some rims and tires on the forum for sale ;) ;)

Thanx fot the help Andrew!

Guest UVETTYA

Classic Gold did my alignment and the car handles great now! Eddie boy told me straight up he probably wouldn't be able to get the castor in because it was lowered. When he was done he told me he WAS able to get the castor in. So I think he took his time and made sure I got a good alignment. There's a noticeable difference in how the car handles now and I would take it to Classic Gold again, no doubt. :yesnod

Just picked up my Vette from Joe at Classic Gold and they did a fantastic job. :thumbs:thumbs

The car now floats down the road verses trying to fight it just to go straight.

Anyone that needs an alignment should definetly give them your business.

Just picked up my Vette from Joe at Classic Gold and they did a fantastic job. :thumbs:thumbs

The car now floats down the road verses trying to fight it just to go straight.

Anyone that needs an alignment should definetly give them your business.

Same here...tremendous difference. There is a small bit of vibration at the steering wheel but that is due to a slight chop in the front tires, which Ed says will disappear as the tires wear a bit more. I've noticed it is smoothing out already and the really bad vibration is totally gone. There's no doubt in my mind Ed is a perfectionist and really knows his stuff!

Guest Sidewinder

Thanks,

:withstupid Me three for an alignment.

Tanya

Make that 2 for us.

Hey Michael,

Andrew

Hey Andrew...

da trainer' has da bling again. Got an alignment in the morning (7 AM :ack) They look great - haven't got on the freeway but briefly to see if the vibration was still there - it is. Alignment should take care of it. Croos your fingers or we'll see some rims and tires on the forum for sale ;) ;)

if the alignment doesn't fix it - i would suggest NEW SHOCKS - they are pretty simple to install in a C4 as i believe you can do it without even removing the front tire because of the fenders coming off with the hood.

Hey Michael,

Andrew

Hey Andrew...

if the alignment doesn't fix it - i would suggest NEW SHOCKS - they are pretty simple to install in a C4 as i believe you can do it without even removing the front tire because of the fenders coming off with the hood.

Thanx for the tip - shocks already done and they WERE easy! I'm putting about 100 miles a day on her and it is getting smoother each day. According to Ed the numbers were all in the red before he started and all the adjustments were frozen up pretty good. It amazes me the factory wheels and tires worked so well, as I had it going quite fast enroute to Yuma with absolutely no shimmy or shake. Thoses wider / larger wheels coupled with the adapters probably threw everything way out of spec's. I'm just glad I didn't screw up the fronts tires along with the ones I had to replace.