Paging Mr. or Mrs. Seery

Togo

can you give me a comparison as to what your insurance rates were here in AZ and what they are now - for both auto and homeowners, etc.

and are there additional premiums for the damage that occurred from the storm?

also, must you carry additional insurance for certain natural disasters - like tornado, hurricane, etc. and how much is that - or is there a "blanket" policy for natural disasters?

Not trying to butt in here but I don't know how long before Bryan might get back to you. The other night at Hooters the subject of auto insurance came up and he said his is about 1/3 to 1/2 of what it was here in AZ. He didn't mention home owners though.

Not trying to butt in here but I don't know how long before Bryan might get back to you. The other night at Hooters the subject of auto insurance came up and he said his is about 1/3 to 1/2 of what it was here in AZ. He didn't mention home owners though.

thanks for the update - i was in no hurry - just gathering my facts.

i told my mom a couple days ago that i'm looking for work in nashville - the only thing she said was something relating to the tornadoes - so i think i'm going to start looking a little harder, just wanted to get my financial facts straight first!

uh --- I replied but I don't see it here.

Insurance with State Farm on the truck, the matrix and the Vette will run us $125 / month. That's with a 250 / 500 deductible on the matrix and truck and $250 / 250 with $22,000 coverage on the Vette.

We were paying about that much for just the Matrix in Phoenix.

Home owners is about the same as we were paying in Phx.

And we don't have natural disasters! Go figure???? :crazy

uh --- I replied but I don't see it here.

Insurance with State Farm on the truck, the matrix and the Vette will run us $125 / month. That's with a 250 / 500 deductible on the matrix and truck and $250 / 250 with $22,000 coverage on the Vette.

We were paying about that much for just the Matrix in Phoenix.

thanks bryan for the update - is that homeowners insurance including any natural disasters like tornadoes or hurricanes or whatever - or is that extra

thanks bryan for the update - is that homeowners insurance including any natural disasters like tornadoes or hurricanes or whatever - or is that extra

all natural disasters except flood and earthquake are covered by standard home owners insurance, just like in PHX. There is no special add on's for Tornado or Hurricane. By the way, we are too far inland for hurrican. Katrina went over this area last year and all they got was a 1/2 day of rain.

SWEET! that just helps justify a move there!

i guess i'll be stepping up the job hunting!

:D

all natural disasters except flood and earthquake are covered by standard home owners insurance, just like in PHX. There is no special add on's for Tornado or Hurricane. By the way, we are too far inland for hurrican. Katrina went over this area last year and all they got was a 1/2 day of rain.

Exactly my point. You have natural disasters and such and we don't yet insurance is supposedly calculated on the risk involved to the insurance co. That's why you pay less there for auto even though they are the same exact cars. All things equal we should pay the same for homeowners but you have considerably more risk and in your case you have more sq footage, etc but you pay the same. Sounds like the typical insurance co double talk.