Just redesigned my website...

ICULUKN

Sweet! :cool

Told me everything I'd need to know. I particularly like the distinctive professional design. Gives me the immediate impression you're not cookie cutter web designers.

Pretty snazzy, but I'm running 1024 x 768 and the text was just a little hard to read, Not that you need to change it, just don't make it any smaller...

Just wanted to let you know that in the Logo Design part. Give is spelled Gice. Sweet site :thumbs

Good catch! :thumbs

I didn't proofread it, I thought a good webdesigner would use spellcheck :lol:lol

Aside from hating sites that have music. Looks nice. Should have a way to turn the music off.

Glenn, the web looks very professional; however, the portfo page is grammatically incorrect. Another way could be " A list of our previous clients: " One other note of caution " Be careful of free advice, sometimes you get just what you pay for(sic)." :thumbs

:withstupid

A music OFF button would work nicely. SWEET setup though :yesnod

:withstupid:withstupid

:cool design but music / sound on a web site makes me :cuss

Glenn, the web looks very professional; however, the portfo page is grammatically incorrect. Another way could be " A list of our previous clients: " One other note of caution " Be careful of free advice, sometimes you get just what you pay for(sic)." :thumbs

:agree

...and speaking as the graphic designer that I get paid to be, great job! Also I think the critique you've solicited here is quite valid, useful, and objective. So I'd say you've almost completed an excellent website and I like the look of it and it should work well for you.

:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Michael

The web site looks awesome. It does seem as though the lettering is pretty small. You did a fantastic job though??.

Andrew

Thanks for the comments guys. I fixed the spelling and removed the annoying music... We will have the graphics centered by this evening... Let us know if there are any other items that stand out needing attention.

-Mark

MR2avatar_small.JPG

overall the site is cool. and coming from a "professional web surfer" the flash or whatever it is that loads up is a bit intense - i usually close websites like that before they get a chance to load - i'm impatient. i let yours finish to get a look.

another thing - Microsoft is HARD CORE about protecting their MCP logo - so if you aren't one, or don't have one under your "employ" be very careful of using that on your site.

and on the same topic - that pags says "a list of businesses our consultants have done business for"

i'm confused how you did business with microsoft certified professional.

and have you also done business with microsoft windows?

how about directly FOR lotus?

i realize you may be competent in both microsoft and lotus, but saying you have done work FOR them isn't the same thing (and realize i'm not trying to take "pokes" at you or your company, just trying to point out what i see for the constructive criticism - and trying to take down any red flags of "false advertising" - as perhaps you have done work for both companies, i don't know!)

perhaps a "subsection" of your portfolio can include certifications your techs hold -

if you need a CISCO tech, i got a friend who has his own company, i'm sure he wouldn't mind subcontracting for you - he also does CHECKPOINT - a couple good logos to be able to put on your site! :drinkers

one more thing - you only have an email address and a telephone - might want to give people a warm fuzzy and put an address - even a post office box would work for that - and they are relatively inexpensive! (just food for thought)

:agree - The site looks pretty good, but I also think a sub page with your companies certifications would be nice like;

Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, MS MCP server 2000/2003 technicians, SUN Certified etc... would be a nice touch. Kind of gives you more credibility as an IT business.

I know you are still developing the site, so there will be lots of changes I'm sure. One more thing, center Marine logo unless you plan on adding text in the box...Honeywell also. I have to agree with Togo on the MS thing as you have advertised. You might want to rethink that.

I still give you two :thumbs:thumbs on the site though?Good Job!

another thing - Microsoft is HARD CORE about protecting their MCP logo - so if you aren't one, or don't have one under your "employ" be very careful of using that on your site.

Looks at his MCSE card that was issued in 1999... uh yep, I'm certified. No need to go into the others...

-Mark

MR2avatar_small.JPG

and on the same topic - that pags says "a list of businesses our consultants have done business for"

i realize you may be competent in both microsoft and lotus, but saying you have done work FOR them isn't the same thing (and realize i'm not trying to take "pokes" at you or your company, just trying to point out what i see for the constructive criticism - and trying to take down any red flags of "false advertising" - as perhaps you have done work for both companies, i don't know!)

perhaps a "subsection" of your portfolio can include certifications your techs hold -

if you need a CISCO tech, i got a friend who has his own company, i'm sure he wouldn't mind subcontracting for you - he also does CHECKPOINT - a couple good logos to be able to put on your site! :drinkers

one more thing - you only have an email address and a telephone - might want to give people a warm fuzzy and put an address - even a post office box would work for that - and they are relatively inexpensive! (just food for thought)

I have employees that are Microsoft certified. Mark Tanner, my main web developer has been a MCP since 99. My company is currently under contract with IBM working for ABB in switzerland. Other employees have worked for Microsoft directly.

if you need a CISCO tech, i got a friend who has his own company, i'm sure he wouldn't mind subcontracting for you - he also does CHECKPOINT - a couple good logos to be able to put on your site!  :drinkers

I have employees that are Microsoft certified. Mark Tanner, my main web developer has been a MCP since 99. My company is currently under contract with IBM working for ABB in switzerland. Other employees have worked for Microsoft directly.

like i said - i didn't want to turn it into perceived bashing or whatever, just wanted to point that out!

Mark - what are you an MCP in? (if you don't mine me asking)

I am MSCE+I waiting to get started on the Vista tests that are going to be on the way soon... It's a never ending thing with Microsoft... once you get your certs up to the latest and greatest there are more on the way! I have all the testing books from the NT 3.51 and Novell 3.12 days to today... yea yea go ahead and say it Glenn does all the time, I'm an uberdork!

-Mark

MR2avatar_small.JPG

I am MSCE+I waiting to get started on the Vista tests that are going to be on the way soon... It's a never ending thing with Microsoft... once you get your certs up to the latest and greatest there are more on the way! I have all the testing books from the NT 3.51 and Novell 3.12 days to today... yea yea go ahead and say it Glenn does all the time, I'm an uberdork!

-Mark

MR2avatar_small.JPG

uberdork? nah, i'm a novell 4.11 CNA (3 tests shy of my CNE when i gave up)

and i'm an MCP too, in Windows 95 :leaving

I'm currently pursuing a path for MCSA and MCSE in win2k then upgrade to win2K3 (Zix - one of our members here is a microsoft instructor and is pulling some resources for me and has put me on a path for maximum certs with minimum tests! :D )

4 certs for 9 tests!

your standard MCSA or MCSE path require, as you know, 5-7 tests alone and EACH!

Anyone interested in some cert testing vouchers? I think I have 8 left, not sure though.

Anyone interested in some cert testing vouchers? I think I have 8 left, not sure though.

:eek pick me, pick me, when do they expire?

i'm in the middle of my SECOND book for MS 70-210 and plan to go all the way!

Do they come with a pocket protector and a bandaid for my glasses? :D