This #$%#@$ SUCKS

Bigfoot

then that sucks. You were fed some bullshit or the agent was trying to do somehting off the books. i dunno' but that blows.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• Ted Y

I can check with Allstate... State Farm doesn't classify motorcycle by type, only by number of CC's. So, for you couch riders, you have a number of good cheap options. But as soon as they see it's a sportbike, they essentially want you to pay for the bike through them in a year or two as they're sure they're going to have to replace it. But it's been a while since I've checked, and I did just move....

fourseventeen

wow I just caught this story...SEAN that sucks dude!!!! WOW! Glad I dont park my cars outside or I would have came home from vacation pissed off im sure!

All of these are with State Farm: 1989ish: Guy backs into me, his insurance covers, notified mine just in case. No rate hike. 1990: '87 IROC-Z gets broken into while I'm apartment sitting for a friend (got me out of the AF dorms for a week). Insurance covered no sweat. 1991: '87 IROC-Z damaged in tornado. Paid from my policy, no rate hikes. 1993: Accident in a brand new pick-up with uninsured motorist at fault. Paid from my policy, no rate hike and got most of deductible back. 1993: Same pick-up got rear-ended. Other driver's insurance covered but I notified mine just in case. 1995: On my ZX-9R dumped in a corner loaded with gravel. Insurance covered no problem...no rate hike. I want to say there's one more after '95 but can't remember anything. Never once have my rates gone up for anything and I've always been satisfied with the service. Never giving me a run around on doing anything at all.

If anyone is shopping insurance, give a call to American Family. :thumbs

I had Farmers for 30 years and my agent turned into a used car type sales-person. :down:

Enough was enough, I made some calls, American Family is giving me the same coverage at half the price I was paying :clap

All I know is My Sister is a State Farm Agent and is going to corporate, Yes they all screw you EXCEPT UM..... Well none of them I suppose, Shuckidarns and I thought the world was nice, honest and friendly.

I guess they are going to fix my Mercedes (2002 C240). Adjuster (from Alabama) said they would go about $6K if they total it :facepalm: He said that is what they go for all day long in 'Bama :lol So I checked the whole southeast area, seems about just like here...$9K-$13K. :banghead I was hoping I could be done with it...

Got the estimate and check today...$10,000. Dealer took the estimate, is ordering parts that should be here next week. They estimate 25 days after that for the repair to be completed. :banghead That's a long time to be in a rental. Cap on our rental coverage is $500.

You're actually going to let what you've referred to as "STEALERSHIPS" do a major job like this? Let me guess... State Farm told you if you used their shop they would guarantee the job?

Got the estimate and check today...$10,000. Dealer took the estimate, is ordering parts that should be here next week. They estimate 25 days after that for the repair to be completed. :banghead That's a long time to be in a rental. Cap on our rental coverage is $500.

Remember, that estmate will be "business" days. I'll bet is takes a week longer regardless, get ready to spend some money out of pocket on the rental

Nope Eddie, they said take it whereever you want and yeah, I'm taking it to the stealership, I'm not paying for it. All the work will be warranteed and I just want to get it done.