This #$%#@$ SUCKS

Bigfoot

It's hard to take pics of a white car to see them really well, but you get the idea.

:facepalm: Way too graphic. Kinda makes ya sick seeing it. :ack:

Hope it gets resolved soon.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• Ted Y

OUCH...it looks like a big golf ball!

You know those dimples on a golf ball are there to make it travel faster and farther....

I say don't fix it Sean, and just reap the rewards mother nature has bestowed on you while you pass more gas stations at a higher speed...

OUCH...it looks like a big golf ball!

You know those dimples on a golf ball are there to make it travel faster and farther....

I say don't fix it Sean, and just reap the rewards mother nature has bestowed on you while you pass more gas stations at a higher speed...

This ain't Mythbusters. :toetap

No hail damage here, but someone backed into my Jeep again. :rant It will now be spending some time at the body shop. So glad it wasn't the Corvette.

Got a call from State Farm today. Appointment on Thursday to have the adjuster look at it and do estimate. They said they'd cut a check right there but leave the claim open in case something was missed and goes above the estimate. Does that sound right???

State Farm did that for me when a lady ran into the back of a Camaro I owned several years ago. Adjuster came out with a laptop, looked at everything, punched a bunch of buttons and printed me a check on the spot. Said if the body shop needed anything else, to call him and he would take care of it. They even payed for OEM parts.

They were not my insurance company, they were the insurance company for the lady who hit me. But if they treated me that well, I would imagine they care for their own customers just as well also.

They were not my insurance company, they were the insurance company for the lady who hit me. But if they treated me that well, I would imagine they care for their own customers just as well also.

I've been VERY happy with them for 20 some years now...even though Eddie hates them. :lol

Ted, have you heard anything yet?

I've been VERY happy with them for 20 some years now...even though Eddie hates them. :lol

I loved them for 20+ years. My Father-in-law was a SF agent. Just wait until your kids start driving. I'd been with them for over 20 yrs and Farmers beat their rates by 30%. I'd understand if it was reverse but where's customer loyalty when you try to rape them?

I also had two different accidents with non insured motorists. Both were the other drivers fault. I paid my deductible and they "would do everything within their power" to collect from the other driver and I'd be the first to get my deductible back. BS! They never collected a dime or if they did nothing came back to me. If your aggressive and your corporate attorney's are worth a s*#t it's really not hard to collect a debit like that.

Well, many moons ago when I was in an accident with an uninsured motorist that the cop cited at fault and wrote 2 tickets to, I got most of my deductible back once they settled the suit. Strange you got the reverese.

I loved them for 20+ years. My Father-in-law was a SF agent. Just wait until your kids start driving. I'd been with them for over 20 yrs and Farmers beat their rates by 30%. I'd understand if it was reverse but where's customer loyalty when you try to rape them?

I also had two different accidents with non insured motorists. Both were the other drivers fault. I paid my deductible and they "would do everything within their power" to collect from the other driver and I'd be the first to get my deductible back. BS! They never collected a dime or if they did nothing came back to me. If your aggressive and your corporate attorney's are worth a s*#t it's really not hard to collect a debit like that.

Sounds pretty close to my experiences with them. Luckily I will be switching later this month. Just over a year ago I got hit by a woman who was also insured by State Farm. Stupid Chanlder PD decided not to give fault to her OR me (although clearly it was her fault, I mean after she t-boned me teh traffic behind me rear ended me... so how did I run the light along with everyone else?). Had to pay my deductible and I hear she did too, although I think her car got totaled. Then about 6 months later the boyfriend was driving the Jeep and got sideswiped. Again, State Farm made us pay the deductible despite the fact that the evidence was overwhelming that it was not his fault... unfortunately the person that hit us was a slimy lawyer from Flagstaff... Now, State Farm is threatening to exclude my boyfriend which is ridiculous when neither of us have any tickets in years, or drop me from them. Alright, cya guys.. Not to mention they quoted me $90 a month for the Corvette and then it just appeared to be $106... the tried to up the GTO to $250 a month before I sold it.. that's more than my payment on it was! Goodbye State Farm, I certainly won't miss you or your piss poor customer service.

That's the end of my State Farm rant, sorry.

Try living in Nebraska, I never had a car that didn't get hail damage one time or another...............

:agree Same happens in Saskatchewan

Sorry to here about your loss Sean. Really, I know you and the misses were so happy to get rid of the awesome dodge. To bad you still didn't have then "A"? Man I didn't see anything that couldn't be buffed out except your light whoops. Reep the rewards and drive that golf ball for everything she has to offer. Looks dont get you from A to B but a new car will..... Now if it was the Vette Yeah umm we are going to need a new paint job like my boy WISHBONE :). I cannot believe my wifes Pilot did not get damage. But our travel pop up trailer got pelted to the gills. I am still waiting for my Adjuster to call me for my appointment and I have USAA. Say Sean how come you dont have USAA?

Say Sean how come you dont have USAA?

Because I've ALWAYS been treated well by State Farm and gotten good rates from them.

Hell, when my old agent retired and I met with the new one, HE was surprised at how low my rates were. :lol

Hell, when my old agent retired and I met with the new one, HE was surprised at how low my rates were. :lol

:lol

I heard the exact same line... I've since figured out that it's code for "Don't even think about asking for any rate reductions from me"

:lol

I heard the exact same line... I've since figured out that it's code for "Don't even think about asking for any rate reductions from me"

You might as well have bent over when he said that. What he was saying was "I've got a sucker here I can convince him that State Farm is doing him the world's biggest favor". Have you ever shopped your rates?

Just curious, is your oldest driving yet? She's a girl though so your rates may not skyrocket like mine did with three boys.

I have not shopped around lately, but last time I did, State Farm was lowest by far. Checked Geico, Farmers and a couple others when I did.

I've got USAA and I have been very happy with them. I carry Stste farm on the bike though as they have always been drastically cheaper than the others on sportbike insurance.

I'm with Eddie. I HATE State Farm. I was with them for about 12 years and thought they were fine. Then I had a claim.

:cuss I was stopped in traffic and got rear-ended by some idiot in an SUV going about 45mph. My car was totaled and I ended up in the hospital. I was insured with State Farm and so was the idiot who hit me (who was cited by police for the accident). First, State Farm tried to repair my car from MY policy, and expected me to pay the deductible. Their reason was it was "easier" to process my repairs on my policy and the idiot's repairs on her policy. :bs (I refused, but later learned that if I'd agreed, then my rates would have subsequently gone up because they had "paid a claim" on my policy).

Then they offered me $1,200 for my car, which at the time was going to cost $5K+ to replace. Because I refused their original settlement offer of $1,200 for my car, they yanked my rental car while we argued over the value of my car. Also, they refused to pay any of my medical bills until I settled the claim, so I had the hospital and doctors, radiologists, etc. and their bill collectors hounding me for payment. While all this was going on, my wonderful agent wouldn't help me. He said that he "couldn't get involved" and that I needed to address my concerns to the claims adjuster. State Farm SUCKS! :cuss end of rant. . .

I switched to Allstate. For me, their rates have been very competitive, and the service has been great. A few years ago I had a claim where the other driver was also insured with Allstate. In contrast to the shenanigans from State Farm, Allstate assigned three claims adjusters to the accident; one for me, one for the other driver, and a third adjuster to oversee the process and ensure we both were being treated fairly.

I've got USAA and I have been very happy with them. I carry Stste farm on the bike though as they have always been drastically cheaper than the others on sportbike insurance.

BP, you might check the sport bike rates at Allstate. I had State Farm but when I switched to Allstate I was surprised that their rates for my bikes were better.

while I feel foryou doll but There is more to the story i bet. Im guessing that the SUV driver did not have any insurance. If that is the case your repairs DO COME FROM YOUR POLICY. it falls under the Un-insured, Under-insured part. should you have paid the dectuable? ekk i dont know, BUT it wouldent suprise me if it comming out of your Un-insured, Under-insured part. here the sticking part. you are not at fault, and (to my knowledge) this claim CANNOT be used to increaseyour rates. Its against the law. Is it a claim. yes but it cannot be used to increaseyour rate. similar to a winsheild replacement claim. $1200 foryour totaled vehicle? ... so what kindof shitbox were you driving? (im teasing) They go off of a "street value" not necessarly NADA or KBB. I will say that by you disagreeing with them on the $1200, and they they ended up "pulling" all other payments (car rental, medical) was a real dirt bag moove. Also your insurance agent is on YOUR SIDE. that is why HE GETS A COMMISION. by him saying I dont want to get involved is another dirt bag move. ... I hope he has AIDS now. as I type I had a thought. there is a section onyour insurance called Comprensive (?). where it does not cover any medical, but it covers phiscal damage to other cars, your cars (i think) and to properity. That is the pool that the rental car comes from. so If you got a Lambo as a daily driver (and I know you dident') that daily cost will eat out of the pool available to pay towards the totaled vehicle. so (devils advocate) if you only had a comprenshive of $5000, the $1200 sounds reasionable. BUT I THINK AZ state law says peeps must carry a minimum of $10K. perhaps some one else will chime in.

Hey Chad,

Plz go back and read my post. I was insured by State Farm, AND the person who hit me was also insured by State Farm. She was totally at fault and was cited. Her coverage was quite adequate for my claim. My policy should not have been relevant to the claim in any way, and there is no way I should have been asked to pay a deductible.

My entire claim (vehicle and medical bills) was ultimately paid out of the policy of the person who hit me, but I had to fight every step of the way. They low-balled my car's value by judging it as "average" for it's age. (It was old but in pristine condition). I arrived at my asking value by looking in current local for sale ads for the same make, model and year in excellent condition, which I gave to State Farm. They never bothered to even look at my vehicle until I raised hell about their crappy offer. When the adjuster finally got his lazy ass out to the wrecking yard and looked at my car, they immediately adjusted the value to what I was asking for.

As far as increasing my rates, my agent told me they don't look at fault, they simply increase your rates if they have had to pay a claim on your policy.

The whole point I was trying to make is that as an insured person with State Farm, they tried to rip me off through my policy with them. That was unethical, and maybe even illegal.