This #$%#@$ SUCKS

Bigfoot

Due to the storms our new car is now a POS. This morning I saw the damage on the hood and roof and saw nothing on the left side and assumed that was all. Well, when she got home today I took another look at the roof and hood. That's when I noticed the right side. The entire right side is completely peppered with dents. I would estimate that 60% to 70% of the entire car is covered with hail dents/dings/pits!!!! There must be roughly 250 to 350 of them!!! :banghead Brand new vehicle...just made the 3rd payment and now it's crap. I'll be taking it in as soon as I can, but I don't know how they can fix this. I'll try and take some pics tomorrow and post up just how bad it is. Even the formed areas of the car where the metal should be strongest has dings. :(

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• Ted Y

Damn, well look at the bright side, you got that first scratch out of the way now!

Guest Kens06

Sorry for your distress... You as well as many others got caught in a very freaky set of storms! At least you aren't an insurance agent, can you imagine their phones yesterday? I don't believe an 'act of god' can be used against you to raise rates! Hell, I had to sit here and watch 3/4-1" hailstones bounce off the Z!! That's why you buy insurance..... Ken

That sux! Body shops are going to make a bundle. I feel your pain, picked my C6 up at the NCM and drove it back through three hails storms in the Midwest. Less than 1500 miles and 3 days owenership. Not a ding, scratch, etc.

If anyone else has State Farm and is trying to deal with their agent, send me a PM. I want to compare notes. BTW, the news said this morning there is a month wait to get into a body shop...

Try living in Nebraska, I never had a car that didn't get hail damage one time or another. Good luck with the claims, it's not a scenario they're prepared to deal with in AZ

one of my clients does insurance for peeps.... he said that Tycko ( a huge rez and commerical roofing company) was on the phone buying up all the skylights in AZ the moment the doppler radar showed RED. Due to the econmy slow down they could only find 73 skylights in the city of phoenix. only 73 units.... when we were told this at 10 am on Wed my client already had 30 claims for skylights alone. If I was in the carpet/water damage repair business I would be doing the indian ran dance all day.

When all of our rates increase because of the number of claims in AZ. I would check to see if the damage isn't covered under your comprehensive coverage. Deductible should be less and they can't raise your rates. They may go up for everyone because of the overall claims in AZ but your specific rates can't be raised because of this claim.

Try living in Nebraska, I never had a car that didn't get hail damage one time or another. Good luck with the claims, it's not a scenario they're prepared to deal with in AZ

I grew up in South Dakota... I know how this works. My mom had an STS4 and the dealer scratched it to hell with a snow broom before she bought it (never knew since it was boughti n the winter) she got a heavy amount of hail damage and then the swirl marks went away because it was finally buffed! That was the only good time for hail damage. Try working at an FBO when you have 50+ planes that all want in the hangar as soon as it starts to hail.. tough luck if you were too cheap to get it the first time!

When all of our rates increase because of the number of claims in AZ.

I would check to see if the damage isn't covered under your comprehensive coverage. Deductible should be less and they can't raise your rates. They may go up for everyone because of the overall claims in AZ but your specific rates can't be raised because of this claim.

Excellent point. "Act of God" or "Act of Allah" for Sean.

Talked to my agent today. State Farm has declared this a "catastrophe" and are going to have mobile response teams set up and calling all claims as soon as they can. They will do estimates and authorize repairs on the spot. A new car like ours will be repaired while older vehicles will more than likely be totalled out. This will not raise our rates and will go under comprehensive insurance. The car was parked in the school parking lot when the hail storm hit. Now it's just waiting for the call. I'm really curious to see what the estimates come out too. Almost every body panel on this car is going to need to be replace (all but the left side and rear).

Blue Angel Vette

I have State Farm and have been with them for years. Great company IMO.

Got my daughters Mercedes in the body shop the next morning...it's a 2002. I do hope they total it. Passenger side mirror is over $400 bucks alone :eek have the rear glass gone and dents all over :clap

Sean, That's exactly what my agent told us. I could only dream they total out her Altima and get us away from it. Hello Corvette! Don't think that'll happen.

Sean,

That's exactly what my agent told us.

I could only dream they total out her Altima and get us away from it. Hello Corvette! Don't think that'll happen.

I do and don't want a total.

I do because the repair will be so extensive. Can't imagine it being like new again replacing so many body panels.

I don't, because I didn't get GAP insurance and since we've driven it off the lot it's lost value and we'd be out of pocket on the balance. :banghead

Sorry to hear so many peeps cars got pounded in the storms. That really sucks. My Vette was safe in the garage, but my house got pounded. Maybe an act of god can't be used to raise vehicle rates, but I've already been told my homeowner's rate will go up after they pay to fix the roof of my house which got trashed by the hail. That will be on top of the "overall" rate increases we'll all get stuck with. . . Everything goes up except my salary. . . :banghead

It was sunny and dry at my house. I'd hope that they don't go totalling out a lot of cars, that's stupid. Pay a PDR guy to fix it. A lot of lower-income people are gonna be all excited - but then they've gotta go buy another car (usually on credit) to replace the totalled one, and we're right back in the bullshit that Cars For Clunkers and easy credit caused. On a side note, I bought a $23,000 Suburban for under $10K in Dallas a long time back. Reason? Hail damage. :)

Everything goes up except my salary. . . :banghead

Tell me about it...I've been in the same school district starting my 4th year now. Still at the starting based salary. :toetap Damned pay freeze. :banghead

Everything goes up except my salary. . . :banghead

Tell me about it...I've been in the same school district starting my 4th year now. Still at the starting based salary. :toetap Damned pay freeze. :banghead

Remember the days of the 3.2% pay raise or less in the Force? Seems like a lot now doesn't it when you don't get any. :facepalm: