C4 Automatic to manual transmission swap

XTCHARLEY

I am in the process of accumulating the parts to do a auto to manual tranny swap on my 87. Being I do not have a hoist, I am looking for someone to do the swap. Can anyone suggest someone in the Peoria, Sun City, Glendale area that might be willing to do it for a reasonable price?

Bromley's Corvettes

I have done auto to manual swaps on Corvettes not on your side of town my shop is in Chandler but I can do the job for you. My prices are always fare but I will be honest its a big job so its not going to be cheap. It would be cheaper for you to sell your auto vette and buy a manual one and put a up graded tranny in. bromleys_vettes@yahoo.com

Unfortunately the speed shops don't seem to like the west side.

There's a few west of I-17, but they don't cater to Vettes. The west side has always seemed to me to be more blue collar and DIY.

Bromley's Corvettes

Ya if you want to drag it a TH400 is best for street and strip un less you want to spend big $ for a fully built up 700R4 then you get the low first gear and over drive but it takes a lot to get one that will last. XTCHARLEY could use some of your parts for his swap.

Guest killer408

Ya if you want to drag it a TH400 is best for street and strip un less you want to spend big $ for a fully built up 700R4 then you get the low first gear and over drive but it takes a lot to get one that will last. XTCHARLEY could use some of your parts for his swap.

I pm'd him, as I have a SFI bellhousing with block plate and Mcleod street pro dual friction clutch set. Getting a lot on my plate again. Got to love it.

I purchased my 6-speed used for $1500. By the time I swapped the auto out and put in the stick, it ended up being close to $5k all in all. Granted in a Camino and not a Vette.

I am in the process of accumulating the parts to do a auto to manual tranny swap on my 87. Being I do not have a hoist, I am looking for someone to do the swap. Can anyone suggest someone in the Peoria, Sun City, Glendale area that might be willing to do it for a reasonable price?

PM Sent