My car is sick...

Donbecker

...and not in a good way. :banghead

I think my fuel tuning for the EFI is way off, runs terrible. :ack

Anyways, if anyone would like to come over to Chandler some night during the next two weeks to help out or just point and laugh I would really appreciate it.

I'm running a megasquirt (www.megasquirt.info) on a 86 corvette TPI.

I will need to have it running good as it needs to get plates and tags in September.

I also am running a wideband O2 sensor, and have a 7" touchscreen in the car with a full gauge readout.

I don't know a ton about tuning this stuff, but you don't need to know either, would be happy to share what little I know and learn together.

I can cough up the beer, but if too many people are interested I might have to switch to the cheap stuff... :drinkers

Message/email me if you're interested.

I'll try to get around to posting some pics on here so those who can't make it can try to help out over the web.

'ell, at this point I'm willing to make a workshop on EFI out of it if people are interested and the car runs better at the end...

Thanks! :howdy

-Don

Guest XLR8TNC5

Oh wow Don. Im sorry to hear about the woes. I wish I knew more I would love to help you out of this. After all you have done with this baby, I just wish you could say it was ALL GOOD right now.

Hang in there. Hopefully, someone will be able to help you out.

If all else fails, I know an ABSOLUTELY stunning 81 for sale in Prescott. White, Red Interior, sunds great, straight body and beautiful paint.... If I had the cash, I would have bought it from Fred this weekend.

Good Luck Don!!!

Tanya

Tanya, thanks for the support.

Can't buy another car now, we're about a month from moving into the new house...with the new mortgage.

Basically the only thing wrong / needing replaced in the next couple years is my engine, tranny, power steering pump, steering box, and body mounts.

The rest has all been done. Oh, need to paint it too...

My vette is my only car, daily driven. So I just need to 'get by' with the engine I have for now.

You SURE you and Mark don't like beer?

BTW, Liz (my wife) is thinking about another car, you need to let her check out your c5...

Guest XLR8TNC5

Ummm, Mark is a BEERHOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao....

Also, I would love to hav eLiz check out my C5.

Tanya

Well see, there you go...drive Mark over to drink beer and help with the fuel injection while you and Liz head out for shopping.

Perfect match as there isn't much room in vettes for shopping bags (at least less than her jeep...).

Shop anywhere but coach though. $60 for a silk scarf...I'm in the wrong business.

Tanya, thanks for the support.

Can't buy another car now, we're about a month from moving into the new house...with the new mortgage.

Basically the only thing wrong / needing replaced in the next couple years is my engine, tranny, power steering pump, steering box, and body mounts.

The rest has all been done. Oh, need to paint it too...

My vette is my only car, daily driven. So I just need to 'get by' with the engine I have for now.

BTW, Liz (my wife) is thinking about another car, you need to let her check out your c5...

PM me, i have an engine (well, acutually 2 engines) for sale that would bolt right to the underside of all that TPI stuff you just put in!

the complete motor i only needs your valve covers and manifold and up.

the other one i have is MUCH more expensive - but a complete forged bottom end.

i'm actually contemplating disassembling this and saving the crank, pistons and rods for an LT1 buildup - as someone just told me that the parts were interchangable!

Well, the neighbor and I changed the timing last night (I think we had it at 8o BTDC).

Back to running as (semi) good as before.

Still need to tune the EFI though.

I will be back in town tonight.

If no one wants to meet up for supper (see the post in the events section) maybe I can come by tonight and take a look at it.

send me a private message with a phone number to call you.

Guest Simpson36

You have a '76 with EFI so apparently you have swapped out the whole intake setup, yes?

I'm getting quite an education on cross fire injection, but don't know much about your setup. Howver, I took a peek at the Megasquirt link and it seems interesting. If I have some time to study it, I might be of some use . . . besides reducing your on-hand beer supply and pointing . . . :lol

What I can suggest is that you consider installing an Air/Fuel monitor to help with tuning. I discovered these little gadgets years ago and it takes a lot of the all the guesswork out of tuning.

Well I have a wideband O2 sensor which is the same thing as an air/fuel monitor, gives correct AFR's at all times.

I adjusted the timing so it seems a little better, but definately needs more tuning.

Interestingly enough, having the fuel adjusted to stoichiometric ratio isn't always best.

Shoot me an email and we can figure out a good time. :)

Guest Simpson36

I know you have an O2 sensor, but do you have the monitor? Maybe I should be saying gage or readout. Something you can look at to see what the A/F is doing?

If you have the right O2 sensor, you can just get a gage and splice it into the existing wiring . . . or so they say . . . I've never done that.

Well in as far as readouts, I'm am pretty good.

I have a 7" touchscreen LCD that is mounted right in front of the radio, it's hooked up to the computer and the fuel injection, so I can datalog all the gauges, as well as view realtime all the gauges (including the O2).

I need to dig up some pics and show you guys...

-Don