Reaching out for help

Loud Pedal

Bromley's Corvettes

Sorry to see this Dave I have had a few customers like this over the years no matter what you do you cant always make everyone happy. I have had guys get in way over the head and have no idea how much work and time and money there car really needs. They start on it them self and get lost and in there mind they think a shop can fix everything and have the car finished it a few weeks or maybe a month lol. Sounds like he ran into money problems and wants to blame the shop for not just doing what ever it would take to finish the car and hope to get paid at some point. From eveything I have heard and seen LPM would not just screw someone I am shore theres way more to the story but when guys go on a rant they leave out tons of details and do everything they can to make the shop look real bad with out any proof. He needs to chill or he can be sued for slander you cant just post a bunch of crap on the net with out being able to back it up. I dont think you need to worry about it hurting your biz the few guys that have tried to bad mouth me got me biz lol. Guys knew it was not true so they where on my side and I got a few new customers from it lol. Good luck and stay strong.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• Loud Pedal

• AZhitman

• Blue Angel Vette

Thanks for all the support guys, I really appreciate it. I can say anything, but if it is coming from the shop owner it is a he said, he said thing. All I want to make sure of is that the truth is out. This basket case of a car showed up to our shop on a wrecker towed from another shop with piles of parts. He then proceeded to sell other parts off the car while it was in our shop under the evidently false premise that he was restoring the car to stock to sell it. I even personally bought the following items from him in exchange for my OEM stuff: Ported throttle body Ported intake Ron Davis Radiator Heads Headers Borla Cat Back It is really hard to remain silent on the rest of the BS posted on that thread, but I will do so until such time as I can present a full timeline of events that led to this unfortunately disgruntled customer who we bent over backwards for. Unsure if this will end in litigation, it is wise for me to keep my yap shut for the time being. :thankyou:

shit... it got locked just as I was spell checking my post offer my final words of wisdom.

dammit. now noone can see my brilliance.

Posted Image

Wait, what?!?!? Chad was using spell check?????

I just read the entire story on the forum. WOW! Sorry to hear that its come to this for sure. That "flower pot" has been in the "shop(s)" forever and then some. :facepalm: Too bad they locked it. :banghead

I think that guy is full of shit. It's bs. I got sent a link to ls1tech about it. He's appearently claiming to have a lawyer now. Here's the ls1 tech link http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-internal-engine/1335822-please-help-me-loud-pedal-motorsports-inc-trying-extort-me.html#post13927764 my name on there is the same. If he knew it would take him a while to get his motor built n whatnot, he should have kept his car at his house until it was ready. IMO I'd never leave a car at a performance shop for any length of time just sitting there, whether people said it was fine or not. It's something that takes up space and people have to work around it.I'm sorry this is happening to you guys,to me you have the best shop in the valley, and I wouldnt take either of my cars anywhere else.

This is what I get for sleepin too long. It got locked before I had a chance to get in on it.

Blue Angel Vette

Nice, LPM is a beautiful shop. Just looking at the pics I would take my car there without hesitation.

I just read the entire story on the forum. WOW! Sorry to hear that its come to this for sure. That "flower pot" has been in the "shop(s)" forever and then some. :facepalm: Too bad they locked it. :banghead

I know Tom, Just finished reading it myself...had no idea. The funny part is, if anyone knew Mr. LPM and the crew like we do, they would know better then to side with that dumb ass screwball f%#k up son of a retarded monkey's ass, and should know better then to sign up to this forum......Yea you! Douche.

I'm talking to numb nuts, not you Buccaneer. :lol

That guy must be blisters on Daves taint.:smilelol :smilelol Just love that line from Reno 911.

wickedfastvette

I know Tom, Just finished reading it myself...had no idea. The funny part is, if anyone knew Mr. LPM and the crew like we do, they would know better then to side with that dumb ass screwball f%#k up son of a retarded monkey's ass, and should know better then to sign up to this forum......Yea you! Douche.

That guy must be blisters on Daves taint.:smilelol :smilelol Just love that line from Reno 911.

:werd:

Ive previously done work for Preston in the past and to be honest this doesnt suprise me. Hope everything works out.

WHEW!! Glad you clarified that Marc...I thought you were talking about me for a minute. :P J/K It's really bad to see that kind of stuff posted in open forum and that guy may have overloaded his ass with his mouth if it goes to court.

If he goes beyond arbitration, I would consider a defamation of character suit, as you have "truth", which is an absolute defense to an action for defamation by "published" proof. I would sue for damages, which could be huge since just about every corvette owner is forum member somewhere or googles a garage which will show the negative and unfounded rantings of that mad man as well as sue for mental anguish, which is directly related to both. They should 86 that thread right away or be involved with this potential suit. I copied the thread as I'm sure you did.

Blue Angel Vette

They just locked the thread at the Ls1 website to non-registered users. I can't read it anymore.

Guest LOUDMIKE

Biting my tongue and hoping somebody will post a thread about going out somewhere soon. BLAH BLAH BLAh Im a dirty tr..... Wait sorry different forum.

They should 86 that thread right away or be involved with this potential suit. I copied the thread as I'm sure you did.

As an owner of a big forum, I can tell you there's not much liability for the forum owners (InternetBrands, in their case).

However, a nice email from LoudMike to the Admins SHOULD result in them moving the thread to a non-indexed portion of the site, where it'll fall off the Google radar pretty quickly.

Not sure what their justification for locking the thread might have been, but typically it's because no further info is forthcoming and it's turned into a piss-fest.

On a lighter note: One hour 'til I come check on my car at LPM!!!! :banannasword:

They should 86 that thread right away or be involved with this potential suit. I copied the thread as I'm sure you did.

As an owner of a big forum, I can tell you there's not much liability for the forum owners (InternetBrands, in their case).

However, a nice email from LoudMike to the Admins SHOULD result in them moving the thread to a non-indexed portion of the site, where it'll fall off the Google radar pretty quickly.

Not sure what their justification for locking the thread might have been, but typically it's because no further info is forthcoming and it's turned into a piss-fest.

On a lighter note: One hour 'til I come check on my car at LPM!!!! :banannasword:

Not even by negligence?

No sir. There's exceptions to every situation, of course, but this isn't one of them. If we (big-ass forum owners) were held liable for ALL user-generated content, forums would cease to exist... we'd have to vertify identity, monitor every post, disallow editing, prohibit admin and moderator edits, etc. The court of public opinion has already spoken, and LPM's rep is secure. Like I said, his best option is to email the admins of CF with a nice request to move / remove the thread. EDIT: 100th post. :rockon2:

If this ends up in court lets us know and we can put it in the Events section...just sayin!!! :ACE:

Hahahahahaha. Bad Tim.