Switching jobs...

Donbecker

...I really hate that feeling of abandoning former coworkers, but sometimes a job just isn't a good fit ya know?

Ever had that?

Seems to be one of the quickest ways to turn acquaintences into enemies...

I 100% understand what you mean. In Nov I switched jobs after 11 years with the same bank. You have to do what's right for you. I was miserable in the old job and love the new environment I'm in now. I took a small pay cut with future opportunities in mind.

I guess the switch is more stressful as my income is alot more than half.

Back in Ohio the missus made a little more...now I'm responsible for the lion's share.

...and we're building a new house...do you know how many 2007 Z06 payments I could make with that mortgage money? :)

Guest XLR8TNC5

Well, Im with you Don and Eddie. You gotta do whats right for you and yours!!!

I also made a change in Oct within the same company. However, for me, it has been reversed in the personnel and enemies department. I seem to have a lot more respect now from my coworkers than when I used to work in the same department with them. Not to mention, I took a 45% pay increase when I was promoted. I feel I am much better suited to my Sales position than when I was an Accountant.

Hang in there buddy, they either come around or they just end up not mattering anymore. If they can't be happy for you, then they were never worth your worry to begin with.

Best of luck in the new position.

Tanya

I don't know what your talking about.

22 years in the same job here!!!

Hey, only 18 to go :cuss

Guest UVETTYA

I've had a lot of jobs in my 40 yr work history, and the only thing that changed was my parking spot. The bull$hit remained the same.

I've always liked my job and the people I've worked WITH, it's the a$$hole$ I've had to work FOR that made it a PITA.

Steve

I've always liked my job and the people I've worked WITH, it's the a$$hole$ I've had to work FOR that made it a PITA.

Steve

Exactly why I left the last job. The people that call themselve managers. One of the problems with american business is we manage upward (always concerned with what the boss thinks) instead of keeping the employee happy. I have always believed that happy employees are productive employees. I still have alot of friends from my last job, including my immediate boss there, just not folks above him.