Hello from Northern AZ...well Prescott anyway.

Guest Scottsdale Jack

Guest Scottsdale Jack

Just a note to say hello to everybody, either new or old in ACE. I wanted you all to know that Stan (PurpleC4) is happily residing nearby now, and Josh C is up here too, along with me of course. Hope everybody is well and happy holidays.

Best,

Jack Hammitt

"Scottsdale Jack"

CW3Jack@Direcway.com

Hey Jack -- it's Bryan. Long time no see.

Nice to see you log in on the A.C.E forum.

For those that don't know Jack, he and Josh and Stan and many others were the beginning of what we call A.C.E.

A bunch of Vette owners getting together on Saturday mornings working on the cars, drinking coffee / adult beverages and shootin' the crap with each other.

I only got to meet up with about 1/2 of the group at the time and shortly after some of us newbies came into it, Jack moved up north and the clubhouse was gone.

It's nice to see what A.C.E. was and what it has become. We are more into the cruises, shows, and group activities than before. I still miss the days of getting hands dirty on someone's car and downing a few Coors lites in the process.

I think that we will have to do a group run up that way again and see if we can get Jack, Josh, Stan and now Kameron since he lives up there too, to come out of the woods and meet with us again. Maybe Keith and Kelly will do another BBQ at their place. There was also talk of doing a day trip to either Dead Horse Ranch (Cottonwood) or Tonto Natural Bridge State Park.

Well, like I said, It's nice to see Jack pop in here and check in with us from time to time.

3,503 lbs of trouble

Hi Jack - Bryan has told us a lot about you and the "good ole days". I'm glad what you guys started way back has evolved into this fantastic group. Hope to meet you one day when we all head up your way.

:cheers:

Hey Jack, :howdy:

Did you ever get your garage finished?? I am still waiting for the "ACE truck cruise" up to your place.

Good to hear from you again. :thumbs:

Guest Scottsdale Jack

Had to quit construction on the 2850 SF garage (attached to the 1650 SF house :) ) due to weather, but hope to complete it this summer. Right now I have 4 Jeeps on the slab, but, sniff, no Vette. The Silver Streak is in Las Vegas with my nephew, and he is loving it. I hear from Stan (PurpleC4) often on email, and still communicate with Tim Austin (MCPOWhite96 on the CVF) who frequented our gatherings in Scottsdale all the way from San Diego. Tim is in WASHDC at the Pentagon now. Josh and his wife have a new baby girl (Grace) and are living the good life in Prescott Valley. We hear from Ed Moriuchi and Mike Bruss all the time too. Paul Hamersly stays in contact, and several others from the old days have been up to visit, like Roger Legge, Joe Bria and a few others. I miss the ACE troops greatly, and it's a bit too quiet here in the woods. Over the holidays Sherry and I will be the only ones left in the village of Breezy Pine; everybody else is going someplace else, .....all 3 of them. IF you guys do take a cruise up this way, I'm sure we could all get together and catch up with you someplace.

"Here's to ACE!"

Best,

Jack