Arrgggg..backed into

VetteTax

:banghead

Just another case of a bimbette not knowing how to drive her SUV...

Was at a party last night and at 10pm one of the neighbors trying to back out of her driveway in her '06 Nissan Armada (aka an air craft carrier sized SUV), complete with backup sensors and rear view camera, backed into Electra's driver-side nose, headlight, and side panel. Naturally no damage to her truck. There's lots of paint scuffing, the headlight assembly is cracked, and the nose it definitely distorted/misaligned. No wheel/rim damage.

So I'm at the party and her husband, who's currently a defensive tackle for the AZ Cardinals, rings the bell asking for the owner of Electra. I get all excited thinking the dude's asking about my car, but only to find out that his wife just backed into my baby. :banghead :banghead :banghead

Will post pix when I get a chance.

Called into Progressive immediately and the claims adjuster is due out today.

Hey at least the damage is minor, no one was hurt, and especially at least the dude, and especially the wife, had the balls to step forward and admit what they had done. With all the cars at the party, it could have been anyone. At 63K miles, my nose needs a make-over anyway.

Would appreciate any contact info for body shops in the Chandler/Gilbert/Mesa area. All the local Chevy dealers suck now, so they're out.

Thanks

Dan C.

Guest 71airstrike

sorry to hear about your boo boo

I will be getting a tigershark nose in 4 mo. I am courious how it costs to get a vett nose re painted and a good body shop.

:lurk

:ack Sorry to hear about your front end. Last year I got backed into, at a stop sign no less, by one of our blue haired snowbirds in a huge Yukon. She decided to back up FROM a stop sign to turn around and go back to her house, didn't see me behind her. Long story, short: new front end cap with paint ran around $1300. I didn't have any damage behind the cap though. There is the foam bumper thing behind there, and the old lady's ball hitch just missed ripping mine up as it punched through the front license cover...

Good luck on the repairs!

:burnout

Sorry to hear this Dan! Well at least you put a positive spin on it ...A new nose job.!!! Hope you can get her fixed quickly.

"who's currently a defensive tackle for the AZ Cardinals"

You can take him. He plays for the Cardinals for god sakes.

"who's currently a defensive tackle for the AZ Cardinals"

You can take him. He plays for the Cardinals for god sakes.

:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol I totally agree! Why are we buying them a stadium? :huh

Sorry to hear about the damage. Believe me I fell your pain!

It's not in the Chandler area but I highly recommend Ric's Body in the Scottsdale airpark. I can get you the address / phone if you decide to try them. They did a superb job on mine.

Guest 71airstrike
Time for a tiger shark... I think extreme has them in stock.

aarrrgg... dont tell me that.

the temptation is too strong

...must...fight.. wallet..

....must..not succumb to the MOD side...

Luke-tested-for-prostate-cancer.jpg

Sorry to hear about what happened. Melissa always worries when she drive here "71 (Yes, it does exist....) because you can never tell what will happen.

For body work, I would recommend Can-Am Consrtuctors. Talk to Scott he's the owner (480-443-4707). They are working on three "63 Vettes and the work they do is stellar...

Andrew

Sorry to hear about Electra Dan, I think Eddie has the best place to contact, they did a beautiful job on his...

OK, after a few buffs, polishes, and coats of Zaino I've narrowed the damage down to two part numbers related to the LH headlight cover (fiberglass) and headlight cover mounting bracket (metal)

10319956LH -$115

16523681LH -$50

$100 to paint the cover

:toetap That sux! But at least they came forward and it can be fixed. Crown Collision in Gilbert does a lot of Vettes, BMW'ers, Merc's etc... I've seen their work and its top notch. One of the owners (Kevin) I think teaches auto painting and certifications in the valley for shops.

The shop is fairly new and cost 3mil to build. He gave me a tour when they first opened...Impressive and large and Kevin is a nice guy. They are located off of McQueen and Guadalupe on the north side. Just a suggestion, do your homework...good luck. :cool

I will be getting a tigershark nose in 4 mo. I am courious how it costs to get a vett nose re painted and a good body shop.

You'd be looking at aprox. $500, at the minimum :yesnod

We (Classic gold Auto Centre) install & paint alot of TigerShark bumpers, custom hoods etc. We work on tons of Vettes and know them well. If you have a body/paint question or need a quote let me know I am more than happy to help. BTW the price of painting and installing a front cover is $600.00 to start, pearl colors like Mag. Red or Electron Blue are extra and blending the hood/fenders is extra as well. Typacally metallic colors need to be blended. Make no misstake though if we do any type of paint/body work you will have a perfect color match and the texture will match whats on the rest of the car flawlessly. shop# 480-967-2521, cell 480-242-4013. Not trying to get free adv. but you were talking paint and thats what I do. Thanks Joe.