NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Welcome to Rimcrew

1EvilC5

Welcome to Kelly :howdy

Year of Corvette: 1966

Color: Laguna Blue

How long have you been a Corvette owner?

How about posting some pictures when you get a chance.

Hope to see you at an upcoming event.

Phil... :devil

Welcome to the ACE Forum! I'd love to see pics of the 66. :thumbs

Thanks all!

I have been a Corvette owner for all of one month. I have gone through lot's of other phases (most recently Mustangs), but never vettes. Guess I can't say that anymore.

I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how...

Kelly

You need to have your pictures hosted on the internet someplace so you can post them here. Once you have them hosted, use the img button and paste the address into the box. That should work.

Most internet providers give you some space to save things. Try there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Phil. Let's see how this works...

641330_28_full.jpg

641330_27_full.jpg

641330_26_full.jpg

Nothing special, just a base model mid-year with few options, and needing lots of work - but a blast to drive!!

Guest UVETTYA

Wow, nice ride! Way to start out! My brother had a red '64 back in the day.

Welcome from Surprise :howdy

Steve

I see you posted some nice pictures. The car looks very nice.

What type of work do you need? Is it road worthy of a road trip with this group some day?

Hope to see it at an event some day soon.

What type of work do you need?  Is it road worthy of a road trip with this group some day?

Hope to see it at an event some day soon.

Well, I don't know if I want to venture out in a mid-year, when everyone else has something much newer - and far more dependable.

It seems to be in decent shape mechanically, but having had lots of old vehicles, one never knows what will go next... However, I am game to try it at least once. Let me know what the next event is and I will try to make it.

We're getting more and more early Vettes here. I was talking to Melissa (anmracing) about this the other night. We need to start having two groups (cruisers and players) when we do our cruises. The only other alternative is to do two types of cruises and designate before hand. Melissa said they would bring out their C3 more if they knew a group would be at the speed limits. Hopefully the cruiser movement will gain momentum for folks just like you. We'd all love to see your midyear and I'm sure you'd have plenty of help if something did break.

That sounds like just the ticket (no pun intended) for me. While I would love to go for a long drive, the noise and vibration get to you after awhile, not to mention the potential for overheating, mechanical issues, etc. In any case, I would love to get together with you all for something.

As for going the speed limit, I have the very rare, for 1966, speed warning system. When I go over 70, the vibrations, wind noise, and road noise go up exponetially! Its a great tool to keep from getting carried away. I'm pretty sure a C4, 5, or 6 at 70 has none of these issues. :)

As for going the speed limit, I have the very rare, for 1966, speed warning system.  When I go over 70, the vibrations, wind noise, and road noise go up exponetially!  Its a great tool to keep from getting carried away.  I'm pretty sure a C4, 5, or 6 at 70 has none of these issues. :)

I used to have a speed warning system...until I got a speed rated bra! :lol

Nothing special, just a base model mid-year with few options, and needing lots of work - but a blast to drive!!

The history of this model is what it's all about.

It is special.

Welcome to the group.

Guest XLR8TNC5

WOW, fantastic looking Vette! Congrats on your new purchase and interest! Welcome to the forum as well.

Take care and hope to meet ya soon.

Tanya