twisty roads

caw0917

If you're looking for a quick getaway involving some twisties, you might check out South Mountain Park. Just go south on Central Ave, and eventually you'll run into the mountain.

Some descent views of the city, and a couple picnic areas if you're interested in stopping on the roadside. I'm more a fan of the curvies, though:

post-2-1144527402.jpg

Haven't been up there in years but definitely a nice "drivers" road. Wife and I used to go up there to..... oh well, let's leave that one to your imagination. That was in the very early 70's and it wasn't a bad area. The only complaint now would be what you have to go through getting there. Even that is improving in recent years. I wouldn't go after dark though!

I wouldn't go after dark though!

last time i was there was dark, and 10 years ago or so!

:eek now THAT'S scary, coming from an ex cop!

Guest XLR8TNC5

Yeah, that is a good place to drive through.Back on the early 90's Mark and I used to go up there and...............................

Well, let's just say, check out the scenery. lol.

Tanya

Guest Kens06

I've been up there a few times doing service work and a generator change on one of the radio antennas! It's a scary ride up at 3AM in a one ton Van you haven't driven before!!

Coming down both times, too many speed bumps and a bunch of cyclists!! Must use the grade to build up stamina or something??

Ken