Tornadoes and hail in Tenn.

BSeery

Well, all I can say is that Tracy, my parents and I were luckier than many others in middle Tennessee.

Here is a clip from the tv station's web page about what we had last night .......

Major Severe Wx Outbreak

According to the Storm Prediction Center there were 642 reports of severe weather across the country on Friday. As of early Saturday morning they reported 47 tornadoes, 19 of which were in Middle Tennessee. At the station we're saying there were 35 reported tornadoes in the area; I'm not sure if that number includes spotted funnel clouds or only confirmed touchdowns. Probably the former. There were 480 total hail reports, 26 of which was hail larger than 2" in diameter. There were 115 damaging wind reports with yesterday's severe weather outbreak.

Murfreesboro_hail_by_Tim_Henderson.jpgMacon_County_hail_in_Kirbytown_by_Caroly

LANGWOOD%20CT%20-%20GALLATINTN3.jpg

060407_rpts.gif

Tornado_picture_near_Green_Hill_in_north

So, yesterday 11 people died. Last Sunday it was 24 people dead. A few towns got hit hard and some just no longer exist. Gallatin, Goodletsville to the north of Nashville and Warren county to the south of us. These areas lost homes, buildings, whole neighborhoods wiped out. Trees uprooted, hail over golf ball size, down power lines. Yeah, it's pretty damn bad out there.

At our house we had golf ball size hail with 50-70 MPH winds from the west. All of the vinyl siding on the west side of our house is destroyed. All the shutters, rain gutters, window screens are pretty much obliterated. I will get pictures later today. Tracy's Toyota, my Dodge truck and my trailer have pretty serious hail damage. No broken windows, but we were pretty lucky about that part.

My parents house had the garage door pushed in by wind and beaten by hail. The vinyl siding is again destroyed. The wind pushed in a wood fence and hail tore threw a pool cover and window screens. Many trees in their are are down and a tornado had briefly touched down about 1 1/2 mile south in the town of Salem.

Later tonight or tomorrow I will post lots of pictures.

:eek What did you get yourself into?!?!?!?!?!?!? Take care of your selves out there. And if you need a place to stay till this all blows over (Pun intended), let us know and we'll clean up the guest room.....

Andrew

Kinda readjusts the list of "what's important in life" huh? You two take care and remember we're thinking about you out here in AZ. :angel

Kinda readjusts the list of "what's important in life" huh? You two take care and remember we're thinking about you out here in AZ. :angel

:agree:agree:agree

Could not believe what I was seeing on CNN yesterday...you had the front page, again!

Thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope to see you on your upcoming Phx visit.

they said on the news that the TOTAL death count last year was 39 people, and this year, at the BEGINNING of the season, TENNESSEE alone has 35!

and tell me how stupid i am for still wanting to move there! :crazy

they said on the news that the TOTAL death count last year was 39 people, and this year, at the BEGINNING of the season, TENNESSEE alone has 35!

and tell me how stupid i am for still wanting to move there! :crazy

Real stupid, Very stupid, Extremely stupid, unbelievably stupid, wait, I can sum it up in one word.... MORON!!!! There, that should cover it. Robert :burnout

Hey Bryan, glad to hear you and Tracy are ok. I have been concerned about you and wondered if you were in the path of the storms. Thanks for the update. So sorry to hear of your damage. Take care. :bang

WoW Bryan, I hope you two make it through this stuff ok, Sorry to hear about the truck and the blue pill. Keep the vette indoors it won't survive as well... :willy

Haven't been there long enough to get your first water bill, but endured 2 violent storms already! DAM%%% :willy:willy

Storms must of taken out his internet.

Been too busy dealing with insurance, fixing the house, getting the garage cleaned up enough to fit 2 cars (2 days too late) and all that crap. I will upload pictures of the damage to our house and our neighbors house later tonight.

Today is a nice beautiful day in the 60's. Good weather to do work around the house, or to sift through the rubble of what was your house.

So far it looks like this: we have been here 3 weeks. We've had 2 serious storms last week, Friday the 31st, we were ducking tornadoes and had high winds and rain. Sunday 4/2 we had bad tornadoes east of here killing around 22-25 people. Here at home we had 2 lines of storms that kept me up till around 3 a.m. to make sure none of the windows got broken by hail or wind, but we didn't get any damage. This past Friday the 7th we had tornadoes to the north, east, and west of us. At our house we got hit by 1-3+ inch hail with 70-80 MPH winds. The hail storm went from just west of my parents place (4 miles west) to just about 1/2 mile east of our house and hit a swath about 2 miles wide north to south. It came in from the west and anything exposed to the west got damaged. Many trees were split or up-rooted. Lots of homes lost windows and at the least got hail damage to siding, cars, and other property. The pictures I will post will show what hail can do to vinyl siding. normally you can take a hammer to this stuff and not do anything. Not this time - now the siding all looks like it was hit with a shot gun shooting 3" pellets.

I grew up in Tornado Alley, and have lived lots of places, and nothing beats AZ.

1. No tornados

2. No earthquakes

3. No volcanos

4. Very little snow, and that's usually only in the higher elevations...

I understand that you have to make a living...but nothing like making a living here. Don't forget, I don't have a wife or kids to support, so all my decisions are my own. I don't have other responsibilities to consider.

Be safe Bryan.

I grew up in Tornado Alley, and have lived lots of places, and nothing beats AZ.

1. No tornados

2. No earthquakes

3. No volcanos

I understand that you have to make a living...but nothing like making a living here. Don't forget, I don't have a wife or kids to support, so all my decisions are my own. I don't have other responsibilities to consider.

Be safe Bryan.

i would agree with you - we do NOT have any natural disasters to deal with here witht he exception of the heat - i think the heat here killed mid double digit people - but they were homeless - not that that's a good thing, but you get my message!

i too am thinking of moving to nashville - main reason - MONEY!

tennessee is in the 5 lowest cost of living locations - first being el paso texas - and i don't want to live their for obvious reasons!

so if i play my cards right living in TN and can get a decent salary (this would be a requirement for relocation) then i could start working on "early retirement" because of the cost of living!

1. No tornados

2. No earthquakes

3. No volcanos

I understand that you have to make a living...but nothing like making a living here.  Don't forget, I don't have a wife or kids to support, so all my decisions are my own.  I don't have other responsibilities to consider.

Be safe Bryan.

i would agree with you - we do NOT have any natural disasters to deal with here witht he exception of the heat - i think the heat here killed mid double digit people - but they were homeless - not that that's a good thing, but you get my message!

tennessee is in the 5 lowest cost of living locations - first being el paso texas - and i don't want to live their for obvious reasons!

so if i play my cards right living in TN and can get a decent salary (this would be a requirement for relocation) then i could start working on "early retirement" because of the cost of living!

Oh, I understand the point on cost-of-living.

I can retire this very minute from the USAF and go back to Ks and never have to work another minute for anyone else.

1. No tornados

2. No earthquakes

3. No volcanos

I understand that you have to make a living...but nothing like making a living here.  Don't forget, I don't have a wife or kids to support, so all my decisions are my own.  I don't have other responsibilities to consider.

Be safe Bryan.

Oh, I understand the point on cost-of-living.

I can retire this very minute from the USAF and go back to Ks and never have to work another minute for anyone else.

so you know EXACTLY where i'm coming from!

now, if i could just get a raise here in AZ to bump up my "marketability"

:cuss