Labor to switch motor?

Quiktrip

Any one have any idea what it should cost to swap out my LT1 and tranny with another one from a 96 with 50,000 miles on it ? If I hurry and make up my mind I can get a really good deal on the motor and tranny. Just need a ballpark figure on the labor to do it. Thanks, Robert :burnout

Robert-I see a whole Corvette weekend in your future! tee hee!

A and I used to swap motors over the weekend in the Olds pretty frequently. I can't say that you'll have a running car on Monday, but ....

You can always ask ADS....

M~

Robert-I see a whole Corvette weekend in your future! tee hee!

A and I used to swap motors over the weekend in the Olds pretty frequently. I can't say that you'll have a running car on Monday, but ....

You can always ask ADS....

M~

personally, i think TPS motors are a tad different - it's all the wiring and such - bryan and dwayne started to remove mine on my old '85 a while back, but we actually gave up, and i sold the car :leaving

Tried ADS, but it was right at 5:30 and they couldn't give me a quote until Monday. This is a motor and tranny on the CF and will probably be gone by Monday and I don't want to buy it if it is going to be to much to swap. Oh well, we'll see what happens. Mine's still running so this might not be the way to go. Ads gave me a quote of $1,300.00 for a timing chain and sprockets and new seals on the T/C cover and oil pan gasket and I thought that for another $500.00 I could have a low mile motor AND tranny. :willy Robert :burnout

In the Gen3 community... Its costs about 2500 to swap a motor. Little more if you have turbos or long tube headers.

In the Gen3 community... Its costs about 2500 to swap a motor. Little more if you have turbos or long tube headers.

WOW!! And those are the easy ones aren't they? If that's the case I can expect to pay that much or more. :eek So much for that idea. Robert :burnout

so what's the word Robert - did you call any shops? Bromleys? ADS? how about Classic Gold?

if we need to do this on a corvette saturday, i'm game to help - as i may be in the market for some help on this very swap!

Hey Robert, We can do it for $1900.00 including labor, fluids, clamps, shop supp. etc... Keep in mind that is only an est. When you do a big job on a vehicle with 200,000+ mi. anything can happen, so leave some room for price error. Thanks Joe

I was afraid of that. I think that I'll just run mine and do what I can as I can to keep it alive. It is a strong motor...I just got back from doing a pretty long smokey burn out, and with a few new parts she should be OK. Thanks for the quote Joe, but new motor is on hold. :burnout Robert