• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• HOXXOH

• Two Fangs

• MOTV8

Thats going to be too much power for you. Think you will be able to handle it?

Don't know.....I'm going to need to go have a few brews and some sliders to think it over with :) I could always just have the parts sit on my countertop for another year...I'm pretty good at that :lol

You're going into full POSER mode...

:)

The gloves are coming off...no more Mr. Nice guy :)

If the Whipple ever gets released for the Z and the tax man leaves me alone, I'm may go into full retard mode and go FI to complete my POSER ways :thumbs

Well you damn well better be running 10s with that. But you really should hold off on the cam for just a bit. A year ago you were planning on getting on the tires only list, but just couldn't control the urge to do the CAI and ZR1 exhaust. So just bring the cam to me and I'll store it for you until you deserve it as a reward for the first goal. :yesnod The headers and tune can get you into the top 10 bolt-ons and maybe even the top 5. You really do launch as good or better than almost everyone else, so getting that goal shouldn't be too tough. I'll even go to Sac with you to help. Then do the cam, as it'll be harder to break into the top 10 on the internals list and therefore a new goal to reach.

man .. that's a nice fat peak dyno curve for settin up shift points :)

Prolly get a lil narrower when you cam it.

Be awhile before I can do the bits I want -shrug-

.. took two years to get alla peices together for my lil Duster back in the day

.. bracket raced it for over 15 years tho once it went together.

Posted Image

I ran a 10" converter for 2 years then switched to an 8" converter.

Drove it on the Freeway cruisin at 75mph to Vegas, San Bernadino, Van Nuys an the like.

All it takes is a bit of cooling

..the 8" converter was hardly noticeable over the 10"

..until you jumped on it :)

She'd flash to 4700 on a launch and the 13" slicks held fast if heated properly.

Gears were 4:89's on race day, 3.23's for hiway use

3020lbs with me in it (accordin to North American Van Lines truck scales)

10.27 best ET @127mph at Pomona a long time ago.

Usually ran low 11's at LACR (hi alt and hot days useda frustrate the guys who came up from LA basin, they always ran about a second slower)

The tunnel ram/cam/converter/gear change really 'woke' that beast up.

Went from 6-pac/hydraulic cam/10" converter/3.91's (low 12's at LACR all day long)to

tunnel w/highly modified center squirters/solid lifter/8" converter/4.89's

Had to switch to 13" slicks cause the 10" would fry thru first like street tires :)

..was a blast to drive.

-Frank

Well you damn well better be running 10s with that.

But you really should hold off on the cam for just a bit. A year ago you were planning on getting on the tires only list, but just couldn't control the urge to do the CAI and ZR1 exhaust. So just bring the cam to me and I'll store it for you until you deserve it as a reward for the first goal. :yesnod

The headers and tune can get you into the top 10 bolt-ons and maybe even the top 5. You really do launch as good or better than almost everyone else, so getting that goal shouldn't be too tough. I'll even go to Sac with you to help.

Then do the cam, as it'll be harder to break into the top 10 on the internals list and therefore a new goal to reach.

I thought about not putting the cam in right away, but we will see. I've had it on the kitchen counter for 8 months so there is a history of me just collecting parts just for the hell of it :facepalm:

Why the BB headers over others? I know you did the research so please share. I'm too lazy... :)

Why the BB headers over others? I know you did the research so please share. I'm too lazy... :)

Oli....I got a great deal on them, but I was looking at them anyways for several reasons:

The Billy Boats are the only header where you can use your existing mid-pipe (x or h), so you save a few bucks by not having to purchase other parts.

Of course, running your OEM mid-pipe also means you won't be running any cats, but BB offers a catted x-pipe as well. I'll be using my ZR1 exhaust with the headers.

As stated, because you don't have the extra cost of the mid pipe the purchase price is considerable cheaper than the other stainless stell header packages out there. Plus, because they are local to us (Deer Valley airport area in NW Valley) you can go pick them up (and have them installed, if you wish !!!) at their shop :thumbs

Southern Car Parts has them on sale right now for just over $1K brand new :thumbs

Posted Image

BB C6 Z06 long tube headers

Didn't you put the full ZR1 exhaust in already? Or was it just cat-backs?

Cat-back only as the cats and exhaust manifolds where the same. I used the X-pipe and axle back portions and LPM installed the LS9 manifolds and cats with my old h-pipe and axle back on Wishbone's car.

So now, I'll have BB stainless headers connected to my ZR1 x-pipe and axle back :thumbs

ANTI_VENOM

Victor! Give me a call if you want some help installing anything. I would be more than happy to help! Its time!

Victor! Give me a call if you want some help installing anything. I would be more than happy to help! Its time!

Will do Andy !!!

First thing that came to mind while reading your "to do" list ...... The time has come To say fair's fair To pay the rent To pay our share The time has come A fact's a fact It belongs to them Let's give it back :rockon2::rockon2::rockon2:

How sweet, Hal wrote Victor a poem.... :peter:

Um...that's ancient Aussie tree hugger rock.

Ironically.

:huh

How sweet, Hal wrote Victor a poem.... :peter:

Um...that's ancient Aussie tree hugger rock.

Ironically.

:huh

"How can we sleep while the beds are burning...."

Can't stand that song, or the group.

Now.......

"One foot on the brake and one on the gas, hey!

Well, there's too much traffic, I can't pass, no!

So I tried my best illegal move

A big black and white come and crushed my groove again!"

:3gears::eddie2:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvV3nn_de2k&feature=player_embedded

:busted: okey .. okey ... shouldn't have posted the whole thing (I not a fan either) but the point was ...THE TIME HAS COME ... !!! :surrender: we all know you can't drive 55 !!!! (( the club sign out to Dwayne )) :edward:

That stuff make's me real happy I lived my teens and twenties in the 50's and 60's. I feel so bad for you guys that had to put up with that crap. :smilelol

That stuff make's me real happy I lived my teens and twenties in the 50's and 60's. I feel so bad for you guys that had to put up with that crap. :smilelol

Did my teens and 20's in '60's an '70's .. s'funny to hear what useda be considered 'Acid Rock' in shopping malls :)

Not many 'car tunes' grabbed me like 'lil duece coupe' (or most of the Beach Boys car tunes) or 'hot rod lincoln' :)

What I miss the most is sittin at a stop light listenin to the music of a solid-lifter cam and the sound of a Thrush Muffled big block comin off a light hard.. basically any night on Central late '60's early '70's.

-Frank

'Nothin' better than to hear my solid lifter, tunnel rammed BB 427 Camaro with Van Halen rockin' on the stereo in the 80's :rockon2:

'Nothin' better than to hear my solid lifter, tunnel rammed BB 427 Camaro with Van Halen rockin' on the stereo in the 80's :rockon2:

Next mod..... Mullet! Oh yeah, you would look awesome with one :thumbs

Next mod..... Mullet! Oh yeah, you would look awesome with one :thumbs

What makes you think I wasn't sporting a serious, NICE, mullet back in those days ????? Buzz cuts were for military boys in my days :smilelol

TigerVette

Those who spend thousands to make their car quick enough to require the bars have no reason to complain about their cost.

Good point. And those who find themselves in a situation to use that safety equipment, won't complain either.