• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• HOXXOH

• Two Fangs

• MOTV8

KaDaaaaaaaaaamn that looks hot. And gonna run that way too. I thought I could chase you to the 10s, but you're making leaps that I can't keep up with. Cool! :thumbs

KaDaaaaaaaaaamn that looks hot. And gonna run that way too. I thought I could chase you to the 10s, but you're making leaps that I can't keep up with. Cool! :thumbs

I know you'll be right there. The cam and tune should really wake things up....I thought of doing the tune first but didn't see a need to pay for the tune twice in such short order. My thoughts are the cam and tune alone should easily bump me 50+ rwhp/50+ rwtq....enough to give me that .34 seconds I need to touch the high 10's.

But MikeG's car is a perfect example of what a DD LS2/3 A6 car can do with the right part combination.

I'm not sure I'll be able to throw the 60's he gets without looking at axle upgrades and such.

I either missed it or forgot, tell us about MikeG's car. mods and times!!!

Mikes screen name on CF is MikeG4572

HOXXOH might know more of the specifics, but he's a LS2 A6, 3:42 Gears, Demonator cam,3600 stall, vararam, ported stock intake, Long tube headers, Underdrive pulley, Hoosier DR's and M&H front runners mounted on GTO spares, and tuned.When we were running earlier this year, he was busting 1.5 60's and 11.2-.3's. In Sacremento he went 10.90's. Seeing his car you'd never know how fast it is....bone stock exterior :edward:

Currently ranked #7 in the CF Fast List for internal modded LS2 cars

___ Name of the Track .......Sacramento Raceway

___ Date of the pass & weather conditions ......2/28/10 12:00pm

___ 60'............. 1.51

___ 330'........... 4.491

___ 660'........... 6.992

___ 1320'......... 10.967@125.59

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2DkMQOXtc8&feature=player_embedded

wow great times! I can't wait to see what you put down buddy~ But the thought of an automatic corvette just takes the fun out of owning the car! And stalled cars are not much fun on cruises and daily driving!

yes i cant wait to see what he makes power wise so i know to go bigger~ lol

:lol Well, you already know what cam I'm using, so you can move up to a bigger stick :edward:

I'm would guess low/mid 500's with the stock exhaust manifolds. Dave's puts down 511/468 to the wheels with the custom Ed Curtis cam, according to his new swanky sig :thumbs

wow great times! I can't wait to see what you put down buddy~ But the thought of an automatic corvette just takes the fun out of owning the car! And stalled cars are not much fun on cruises and daily driving!

Well, Mike's car is built to target the 1/4 tracks, and most of the fastest 1/4 mile Vettes in the Country run autos for good reason. I agree, I enjoy rowing the gears...but the new auto cars are pretty darn quick.

Many of the newer big stall converters also have a lockup feature for highway cruising, so the hit in driveability isn't near as much as the "old days". :burnout2

Well, Mike's car is built to target the 1/4 tracks, and most of the fastest 1/4 mile Vettes in the Country run autos for good reason. I agree, I enjoy rowing the gears...but the new auto cars are pretty darn quick.

Many of the newer big stall converters also have a lockup feature for highway cruising, so the hit in driveability isn't near as much as the "old days". :burnout2

Mike still has stock heads on the stock (except for cam)LS2 block. He's been thinking about switching to some modded LS3 heads to get deeper into the 10's. His license plate is SL33PER, and it is.

My 3200 stall cost me 1-2 MPG in town, but didn't hurt the hwy mileage at all. The bride hardly noticed the difference in the way it drives. To her it's just a little smoother. To me it's 1.7x 60's. :lol

I bought me some new "drag racing wheels" for the back.

I picked up another set of "blem" replica wheels, this time in a 18x10.5 size so I can try the 315/30/18 (26") Hoosiers. My current setup uses 17x9.5 chrome repro's with MT 295/45/17 (27.2").

MT's weighed 33 pounds each, with the chromed 17x9.5's weighing 22 pounds each for 55 pounds per axle.

The 315/30/18 Hoosiers weigh in at 25 pounds each, and the new painted 18x10.5's weigh 23 pounds each for a total of 48 pounds per axle.

So I'm going to be saving 7 pounds of rotational mass, picking up roughly and inch in tire width, and an inch shorter ( gives me back my 3.42 rear axle plus some :)...26" Hoosiers vs 27.2 MT's...stock 325/30/19's are 26.7 ).

By comparison, my replica spiders in 19x12 with Nitto Invo 345/30/19's (27.12") weigh in at 64 pounds each axle !!!! When I'm on my current drag radial combo, you can definetly feel the shedding of the 8 pounds of rotational mass..even with the 27.2" tire heigth; which lowers my rear axle ration to something like 3.36.

For those of you wondering what the C6 Z06 OEM package weighs...

OEM 18" front wheel: 22 lbs ea.

OEM 19" rear wheel: 26 lbs ea.

OEM Goodyear F1 Supercar extended mobility front tire: 29 lbs ea. (new)

OEM Goodyear F1 Supercar extended mobility rear tire: 36 lbs ea. (new)

C5 Z06 Speedlines are a real popular wheel to run because of their extreme light weight..

Chevrolet Corvette C5 Z06 01 Forged 17x9.5 19.6

Chevrolet Corvette C5 Z06 01 Forged 18x10.5 21.4

Chevrolet Corvette C5 Z06 02 Cast/Spun 17x9.5 19.2

Chevrolet Corvette C5 Z06 02 Cast/Spun 18x10.5 21.0

Anyways...got the wheels from Eb@y for $60.00/each brand new !!!!! Small paint blem on barrels won't matter to me for a drag setup :thumbs

Posted Image

Every tenth is sacred. Or something. There's an old adage that says for every 100 lbs you take off the car you cut another tenth off the e.t., so with the height difference in play too it'll be interesting to see your times. Stay thirsty!

OK there Victor. You're getting ahead of me again.

My Hoosiers aren't due to arrive until next week. I already have the C5 Z06 Speedlines (19.2#) and the tires are 21. GTO spares on the front (26#). Stock wheels with Nittos are 51 and 58 F/R. Base rotors F/R (drilled) save another 15 and a replacement battery for 5 more. Total weight difference from stock is 104 pounds.

So with your extra width and shorter height and my lesser weight we're still even, but with some 1.6xx launches. That's before the cam and tune. :smilelol

I'm dropping a couple more pounds elsewhere and then adding the roll bars.

I can tell it's gonna be fun this year. :3gears:

OK there Victor. You're getting ahead of me again.

My Hoosiers aren't due to arrive until next week. I already have the C5 Z06 Speedlines (19.2#) and the tires are 21. GTO spares on the front (26#). Stock wheels with Nittos are 51 and 58 F/R. Base rotors F/R (drilled) save another 15 and a replacement battery for 5 more. Total weight difference from stock is 104 pounds.

So with your extra width and shorter height and my lesser weight we're still even, but with some 1.6xx launches. That's before the cam and tune. :smilelol

I'm dropping a couple more pounds elsewhere and then adding the roll bars.

I can tell it's gonna be fun this year. :3gears:

You staying with 275/40/17 DR's and using the C5 Z06 front 17x9.5's ? Hoosier says 22# each. I thought about going with the GTO spare setup but it would require a big billet adapter to get past the front calipers...there was a pair on CF for $200.

I bought me some new "drag racing wheels" for the back.

I picked up another set of "blem" replica wheels, this time in a 18x10.5 size so I can try the 315/30/18 (26") Hoosiers. My current setup uses 17x9.5 chrome repro's with MT 295/45/17 (27.2").

MT's weighed 33 pounds each, with the chromed 17x9.5's weighing 22 pounds each for 55 pounds per axle.

The 315/30/18 Hoosiers weigh in at 25 pounds each, and the new painted 18x10.5's weigh 23 pounds each for a total of 48 pounds per axle.

So I'm going to be saving 7 pounds of rotational mass, picking up roughly and inch in tire width, and an inch shorter ( gives me back my 3.42 rear axle plus some :)...26" Hoosiers vs 27.2 MT's...stock 325/30/19's are 26.7 ).

By comparison, my replica spiders in 19x12 with Nitto Invo 345/30/19's (27.12") weigh in at 64 pounds each axle !!!! When I'm on my current drag radial combo, you can definetly feel the shedding of the 8 pounds of rotational mass..even with the 27.2" tire heigth; which lowers my rear axle ration to something like 3.36.

For those of you wondering what the C6 Z06 OEM package weighs...

OEM 18" front wheel: 22 lbs ea.

OEM 19" rear wheel: 26 lbs ea.

OEM Goodyear F1 Supercar extended mobility front tire: 29 lbs ea. (new)

OEM Goodyear F1 Supercar extended mobility rear tire: 36 lbs ea. (new)

C5 Z06 Speedlines are a real popular wheel to run because of their extreme light weight..

Chevrolet Corvette C5 Z06 01 Forged 17x9.5 19.6

Chevrolet Corvette C5 Z06 01 Forged 18x10.5 21.4

Chevrolet Corvette C5 Z06 02 Cast/Spun 17x9.5 19.2

Chevrolet Corvette C5 Z06 02 Cast/Spun 18x10.5 21.0

Anyways...got the wheels from Eb@y for $60.00/each brand new !!!!! Small paint blem on barrels won't matter to me for a drag setup :thumbs

Posted Image

NICE!! :thumbs Hope you go faster Vic!

JNMMotorsports

I'm buying some 315/40/18 NT05R's this weekend. The tires are a 00 tread wear and are supposed to be stickier then the Mickey Thompsons.

you cannot run adapters or offsets on rims according to NHRA guidelines!

You are correct. No Adapters. Spacers are allowed, but only if the lugnut will engage at least as much of the threads as the diameter. I don't believe spacers would do the trick for the GTO spares on the stock Z06 brakes.

I switched to base brakes to get the wheels to clear.

I'm buying some 315/40/18 NT05R's this weekend. The tires are a 00 tread wear and are supposed to be stickier then the Mickey Thompsons.

The real test for stickiness is the amount of gravel stuck on the tires after a pass at speedworld. :smilelol:smilelol

Those are going to be fairly tall, don't you think ? Over 28" tall :eek

I think the MT's are 00 as well.

you cannot run adapters or offsets on rims according to NHRA guidelines!

You are correct. No Adapters. Spacers are allowed, but only if the lugnut will engage at least as much of the threads as the diameter. I don't believe spacers would do the trick for the GTO spares on the stock Z06 brakes.

I switched to base brakes to get the wheels to clear.

Nope, not even close. From everyone I've spoken to that have gone this route, it takes a billet adapter at 4" (!) to use GTO spares !!!! :eek