The time has come for FNBADAZ06

FNBADAZ06

Victor, you get those mods and you won't be allowed to run at the tracks anymore...you do realize that right???

Once you break 11.5 you need that full roll cage per NHRA rules. Unless the point is to run like that guy did the 200+ in Buc's video, you just lost use of the tracks. :2cents

THAT'S THE CHALLENGE I HAVE ALL THE TIME! how far to push the rules before you get kicked out for the day. or forever... I'm not sure if you rent a track if all the rules still are applied. I understand the liability of the track and insurance as well as the need to keep their NHRA sanction. But If you keep making it more difficult to run on a safe secure strip. People will naturally resort to the streets. Isn't that what the tracks were set up for to give racers a option to racing on the public roadways? There should be an affordable realistic option for some of us who don't fit perfectly inside the box. I'm not sure if one could sigh a waiver to prevent holding a drag facility responsible in specify situations. I'm sure that is a sketchy hair splitting option. I just don't see a full cage working out in my car. Wish hoops were accepted as OK protection. I can do that improvement!

This is an interesting point. It's already been proven by a few ACEholes and plenty other Z0 drivers across the country that with a good driver and some sticky tires a bone stock Z0 goes beyond the NHRA rules. So, with that in mind, why doesn't GM build in a roll cage or some other safety feature that satisfys the NHRA rules? OR Why doesn't the NHRA change the rules to accomidate the stock cars that can go beyond the rules with no problem unmodified. I'm sure nothing will change on the rules or whatever, but it would be nice for the stock go fast crowd. :yesnod

My Guess is it's all insurance guidelines for the track. They'd loose their insurance if they allow anything deemed unsafe by NHRA, etc.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• HOXXOH

• Two Fangs

• MOTV8

Victor, you get those mods and you won't be allowed to run at the tracks anymore...you do realize that right???

Once you break 11.5 you need that full roll cage per NHRA rules. Unless the point is to run like that guy did the 200+ in Buc's video, you just lost use of the tracks. :2cents

THAT'S THE CHALLENGE I HAVE ALL THE TIME! how far to push the rules before you get kicked out for the day. or forever... I'm not sure if you rent a track if all the rules still are applied. I understand the liability of the track and insurance as well as the need to keep their NHRA sanction. But If you keep making it more difficult to run on a safe secure strip. People will naturally resort to the streets. Isn't that what the tracks were set up for to give racers a option to racing on the public roadways? There should be an affordable realistic option for some of us who don't fit perfectly inside the box. I'm not sure if one could sigh a waiver to prevent holding a drag facility responsible in specify situations. I'm sure that is a sketchy hair splitting option. I just don't see a full cage working out in my car. Wish hoops were accepted as OK protection. I can do that improvement!

This is an interesting point. It's already been proven by a few ACEholes and plenty other Z0 drivers across the country that with a good driver and some sticky tires a bone stock Z0 goes beyond the NHRA rules. So, with that in mind, why doesn't GM build in a roll cage or some other safety feature that satisfys the NHRA rules? OR Why doesn't the NHRA change the rules to accomidate the stock cars that can go beyond the rules with no problem unmodified. I'm sure nothing will change on the rules or whatever, but it would be nice for the stock go fast crowd. :yesnod

My Guess is it's all insurance guidelines for the track. They'd loose their insurance if they allow anything deemed unsafe by NHRA, etc.

^^This.

At least that's how it was explained to me after getting booted off once again.

:edward:

Going to LPM again this morning to put FNBADAZ06 back on the rollers to see if anything changed since the installation of the x-pipe and ZR1 exhaust. I'm not expecting to see anything but I told the CF crowd I would do it to satisfy the mod crowd's insatiable appetite for dyno numbers :lol

Going to LPM again this morning to put FNBADAZ06 back on the rollers to see if anything changed since the installation of the x-pipe and ZR1 exhaust. I'm not expecting to see anything but I told the CF crowd I would do it to satisfy the mod crowd's insatiable appetite for dyno numbers :lol

What time you coming down?

:rockon2: did you get the splitter with the under tray and brake ducts .???? interesting numbers on the web site ....

I think there are several mis-conceptions about this issue.

The first is that it's extremely rare that a bone stock anything will run quicker than 11.50. As soon as you change to "some sticky tires" it's no longer "bone stock".

As far far as I'm aware, Victor has the only Z06 in ACE that's been below the 11.50 mark with only tires and a CAI. (not bone stock) I'm sure he'll tell you it was not an easy thing to do.

Nationally, on CF, there have only been 11 cars below 11.50 bone stock, so it's not like it's so common to be "no problem". I've never seen a bone stock Z06 run below 12.00. Even Victor switched to DRs to do that.

NHRA did relax the rules slightly (to 11.50 for closed body cars) a while back when a large number of cars were shown to be safe enough to run quicker than 12.00 with a roll bar.

Roll bars and a fire jacket are the only additional requirements to run quicker than 11.50 and slower than 9.99. As far as being an affordable option, I guess that's a personal opinion. Bolt-in bars are available for as little at $560. Those who spend thousands to make their car quick enough to require the bars have no reason to complain about their cost.

well running 11.5 is not as hard as one thinks on these cars. i managed a 12.2 in my first pass ever and a 2.2 60ft. The track had no VHT it was 103 degrees out and the car was at 203 engine temps. So a nice cool day and some vht and a modest say 1.8 60 ft a stock c6 z06 on street tires will run an easy 11.7 time. Now launch the car and get a 1.7 60 ft and i will see sub 11.5 times. I base alot of this on the fact and Nic D can back this up on a december cool day in a bone stock c5 z06 i ran 2 11.97 1/4 mile times on street tires and 1.78 60 ft times. So the C6 z06 in my eyes can be an issue bone stock and add a couple bolt on's and your screwed at the track unless you want to ruin the value of your corvette by installing a cage! So it would be great if the NHRA had a new class for stock vehicles that can run sub 11.5 times and allow us to do so without a cage!

Isn't fueling one of the issues to running a better time on the C6s? I remember Victor talking about this one time saying that unless he would short shift it, it would cut fuel at 7K or there abouts and cause a lower ET. If the rev limiter was disabled would it run a little faster under ideal conditions? I don't care what anyone says, 11.34 in a C6 with just DRs and learning to launch the car is hauling ass. :rockon2: Victor, how'd the pull go today? Any significant change?

well running 11.5 is not as hard as one thinks on these cars. i managed a 12.2 in my first pass ever and a 2.2 60ft. The track had no VHT it was 103 degrees out and the car was at 203 engine temps.

So a nice cool day and some vht and a modest say 1.8 60 ft a stock c6 z06 on street tires will run an easy 11.7 time. Now launch the car and get a 1.7 60 ft and i will see sub 11.5 times.

I base alot of this on the fact and Nic D can back this up on a december cool day in a bone stock c5 z06 i ran 2 11.97 1/4 mile times on street tires and 1.78 60 ft times.

So the C6 z06 in my eyes can be an issue bone stock and add a couple bolt on's and your screwed at the track unless you want to ruin the value of your corvette by installing a cage!

So it would be great if the NHRA had a new class for stock vehicles that can run sub 11.5 times and allow us to do so without a cage!

I have no doubt the car is capable of 11.49, as 11 cars on CF have proved that. However, those 11 cars did it in excellent conditions and drivers with lots of seat time who probably ran 12.xx on their first pass too. Launching a 1.7 60' is the biggest problem I see with a bone stock C6 Z06. Of the 11 cars noted above, only 5 had 1.7 60s and only one was below 1.75.

Until a large number of bone stock cars actually do run sub 11.5's, NHRA has no incentive to create a class for them.

A bolt-in roll bar is a removeable item. The cost to return to stock is only plugging a few holes and installing a new carpet, so the value is not lost, but probably gains due to the new carpet. The labor involved is far less than re-installing an original cam or several other bolt-ons.

:rockon2: did you get the splitter with the under tray and brake ducts .???? interesting numbers on the web site ....

Not yet...but I'm planning on it. Another $1100 for just the ducts and undertray :eek:

Rev limiter is set at 7200 RPM, so if you shift at 7000 you've got to be spot on. I'm going to run the car at the track in a few weeks bone stock, i.e. no CAI. If I had a set of new F1 GY's I'd run them as well as they are pretty sticky when new and then I could go after the bone stock OEM tire list. I'm pretty confident I could put a bone stock, OEM tire'd Z06 into the mid/upper 11's now that I've had some seat time. Getting around TM is a bitch, though, when the car is running hard :banghead

Isn't fueling one of the issues to running a better time on the C6s? I remember Victor talking about this one time saying that unless he would short shift it, it would cut fuel at 7K or there abouts and cause a lower ET. If the rev limiter was disabled would it run a little faster under ideal conditions? I don't care what anyone says, 11.34 in a C6 with just DRs and learning to launch the car is hauling ass. :rockon2:

Victor, how'd the pull go today? Any significant change?

I was VERY suprised by this morning's runs :yesnod . Initially, we had problems with the dyno computer on the first 4 pulls as it wasn't capturing any data or the data was faulty. The car started heating up so we let it sit for 15 minutes before trying again. Paul and AJ made one last pull which finally captured the data correctly. Interstingly, the temp's, humidity, and BP where almost identical to my pulls a couple weeks ago so the comparison are spot on !!! (see conditions on the bottom of the graph).

Runfile 007 was my baseline a couple weeks ago, while Runfile 010 was this morning's run.

ZR1 x-pipe and mufflers appear to have picked up 8 rwhp and 2 rwtq !!!! :willy

Maybe it's because of the new Katech carbon fiber ZR1 splitter :smilelol

Posted Image

The dyno comparisons. New high of 454.31 rwhp and 434.45 rwtq :thumbs

Posted Image

I celebrated by getting myself a speeding ticket on Glendale Ave. near Luke AFB later in the afternoon :banghead 45 mph on that road....BS !!!!

Billy Barr in Tucson in a BONE STOCK down to the run flats has run a 11.88 and has a high mph of 124... he has the yellow 06 that was running high 11's at the Ford Vs. GM event....

Dooooooood, thats SAWEEEEEEET! Any gain is a good thing no matter what. :thumbs Thanks for the info and sorry to hear that you got the police speed trophy award today. :facepalm: Ok, so is it the TM that's cutting power ie...fuel or what? You C6 guys with all that new fangled high tech "help me drive my car" stuff vs right foot "loud pedal" traction action. :smilelol:3gears:

Not yet...but I'm planning on it. Another $1100 for just the ducts and undertray :eek:

Wow /.. who would have thought ...

but you'll still see some additional DF up front at speed ... though they're pushed down pretty damn good to start with ...

congrats on the hp gain ... it is a little surprising .... but as Tom said ... take what ever you can get ....

will be interesting to see what that cam does for ya ........

Dooooooood, thats SAWEEEEEEET! Any gain is a good thing no matter what. :thumbs Thanks for the info and sorry to hear that you got the police speed trophy award today. :facepalm:

Ok, so is it the TM that's cutting power ie...fuel or what? You C6 guys with all that new fangled high tech "help me drive my car" stuff vs right foot "loud pedal" traction action. :smilelol:3gears:

TM pulls throttle..literally. It literally cuts power for a quarter of a second (seems like an internity !!!) via the fly by wire throttle :banghead to keep from breaking traction at speed and to save the drivetrain from high torque loads. I usually experience this when the car is making the big power in the cool, dense air of the fall and spring. I didn't have any TM issues the other night at Speedworld, but the car pulled so much timing because of the hot conditions I was down on power all night.....didn't trap any higher than 122 with a best 11.79 ET...considerably off the average mph and ET's of 11.5's at 124+ mph.

The only help I'm getting from the car is to keep it off the wall if I was to lose control down the track....no launch control, and traction control is off so the loud pedal and clutch is all I have to play with to get the car down the track. The TM is a HINDERANCE to fast times :banghead

:thumbs Man, she sounds great Victor! Congrats on the numbers, and think of that ticket from the perspective of how many times you HAVEN'T been nailed! :lol Um, if....or WHEN you mod for big power, can they 'tune' out the TM on that thing?

NICE Vid Victor. :thumbs I guess my guess back when everyone was guessing what you would put down was damn close. I pretty sure I guessed 450. :)

:thumbs Man, she sounds great Victor! Congrats on the numbers, and think of that ticket from the perspective of how many times you HAVEN'T been nailed! :lol

Um, if....or WHEN you mod for big power, can they 'tune' out the TM on that thing?

Word.....I got caught so no one to blame but myself.... probably would have been saved if I had been running the radar detector.

The ZR1 exhaust has definetly given the car a more agressive tone when the flaps are open...when closed, the car is actually quieter than stock :smilelol

I'm pretty sure TM can be tuned out.

NICE Vid Victor. :thumbs I guess my guess back when everyone was guessing what you would put down was damn close. I pretty sure I guessed 450. :)

:yeah: I'm happy with the put-putter :lol

So, I'm looking at some new valve covers to go on when the cam goes in.

I'm pretty sure I'll go with the Katech units with the coil relocation kit.

I'll have my coils painted VR to match the exterior, and maybe add some small Z06 or Corvette flags to them.

I'm also going to have the intake done in a carbon fiber :D

A set of FAST billet fuel rails anodized red should look killer.

Posted Image

So, I like the Katech carbon fiber units....

Posted Image

I also like the aluminum Katech units with slots, painted in VR.....I can have any custom insert's or the Katech Performance insert....

Posted Image

The carbon fiber with custom insert looks KILLER :thumbs

Posted Image

Here's a set in VR with a carbon fiber coated intake......SA WEET !!!!!!

Posted Image