• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• HOXXOH

• Two Fangs

• MOTV8

NHRA changed the roll bar limits from 11.99 to 11.49 a few years ago, so it's doubtful they'll drop it lower. Driver safety on the track is their main concern. All that's needed is a 5-point bar and a swing-out (which is easily removable) driver's side bar is OK down to 9.99. A fire jacket is also required for 10.00 to 11.49 and also anything under 14.00 with an aftermarket power-adder.

NHRA changed the roll bar limits from 11.99 to 11.49 a few years ago, so it's doubtful they'll drop it lower. Driver safety on the track is their main concern. All that's needed is a 5-point bar and a swing-out (which is easily removable) driver's side bar is OK down to 9.99. A fire jacket is also required for 10.00 to 11.49 and also anything under 14.00 with an aftermarket power-adder.

:agree I know there was a another petition sent to the NHRA a few years back asking for accomadations for the C6 Z06, Viper, and Ford GT but the NHRA said no-go. I know two owners that have totaled a 2008 Viper and a 2006 C6 Z06 at the dragstrip. Sh!t can, and does, happen....I believe I've heard some stories of ACEr's that have had close calls or wrecks in the past.

NICE! :thumbs

I'll slow down for everyone except the CFI crowd...can't give no quarter or any advantage to the Renegade crowd. I need every thing she's got to run with those boyz :ok::lol:burnout2

Well you better not slow down for us, jus sayin' :smilelol Even if I got my car down to 12.30s and it is possible and doable, i'd still be almost a second behind you. :facepalm: However, with a bad Z0 driver it would be a lot closer and then how would that look, a CF almost beating or keeping up with a "state of the art" Z06. :rockon2: Ok, I can dream, right? :P

The roll cage will allow you to run. :thumbs As far as the rules. I think that primarily depends on who at the track is there.I've seen some guys on club days bust the 11.5 mark and on other club days they enforce it. Same with verts. Some times they look the other way and on others they don't.

The great thing is our bone stock cars can still beat modified c6 cars i love it!

Beat Tom (HOXXOH), until then go watch another Miley Cyrus movie!

That won't happen i only run with those i respect!

Victor, you get those mods and you won't be allowed to run at the tracks anymore...you do realize that right???

Once you break 11.5 you need that full roll cage per NHRA rules. Unless the point is to run like that guy did the 200+ in Buc's video, you just lost use of the tracks. :2cents

ahh, grasshopper...you must open your mind :)

While I have been allowed to "break" the rules to a small degree, thanks to the generousity of the tracks ownership/management (remember, I've already gone 11.34 stock at a local NHRA track), there are several "private" track events that I will be allowed to play on. I'll will also be going to SLAMMER's home track in NorCal (Sac), where they are a little more Corvette sub-11.50 friendly.

Once I venture into the HPDE's,the One Mile Max Acceleration events (Texas Mile, etc.) and Open Road events (Silver State, Open Bend, etc), I want the added safety of some form of roll protection.

I put a request for more info on RSD's bar. Including their install price to compare with shipping. They're just outside of Sacramento, so the timing could work well. If they'll do a package deal of 2 bars with install for the same out the door price as shipped, would you be up for that?

I'm also checking with Wolfe in TX.

I want to be able to either completely remove or remove the back bars and cross bar easily for road trips. I'm also checking locally with two chassis guys to see if they can do a custom bar of my design.

Victor i don't see you doing this after our conversation today! why would you want to chop up a z06 and have no resale value afterwards?

Victor, you get those mods and you won't be allowed to run at the tracks anymore...you do realize that right???

Once you break 11.5 you need that full roll cage per NHRA rules. Unless the point is to run like that guy did the 200+ in Buc's video, you just lost use of the tracks. :2cents

ahh, grasshopper...you must open your mind :)

While I have been allowed to "break" the rules to a small degree, thanks to the generousity of the tracks ownership/management (remember, I've already gone 11.34 stock at a local NHRA track), there are several "private" track events that I will be allowed to play on. I'll will also be going to SLAMMER's home track in NorCal (Sac), where they are a little more Corvette sub-11.50 friendly.

Once I venture into the HPDE's,the One Mile Max Acceleration events (Texas Mile, etc.) and Open Road events (Silver State, Open Bend, etc), I want the added safety of some form of roll protection.

I put a request for more info on RSD's bar. Including their install price to compare with shipping. They're just outside of Sacramento, so the timing could work well. If they'll do a package deal of 2 bars with install for the same out the door price as shipped, would you be up for that?

I'm also checking with Wolfe in TX.

I want to be able to either completely remove or remove the back bars and cross bar easily for road trips. I'm also checking locally with two chassis guys to see if they can do a custom bar of my design.

Yes, I would be interested :thumbs

Victor i don't see you doing this after our conversation today!

why would you want to chop up a z06 and have no resale value afterwards?

After seeing that plates would be well north of $2K a year for a couple years, I think I'll wait for a while.

The roll bars are bolt in, so no chopping required.

So, the ZR1 x-pipe and exhaust was installed on Saturday.

Survey says ?..........DING, we have a winner !!!!! :yeah:

When the exhaust flaps are open, the car had a much more aggressive and louder sound....I'll have to see how it compares to a Fusion, but it's definetly lounder than the Z06 stock mufflers. On decel with the flaps open, the popping had been subdued to a large degree due to the x-pipe...it's still there but not as loud.

Added benifit for me is that when the flaps are closed, the car is QUITER than the factory Z06 pipes. When closed, you'd be hard pressed to know the engines running and at highway speeds the cabin is as quiet (if not more)as my Lexus.

On a side note, I drove a NEW 2011 Z06 yesterday with the new style exhaust.

WOW, this is the exhaust that should have been on the car to begin with. It's considerably louder than the ZR1 exhaust i just installed...not sure how many owners are going to replace this OEM system.

Thanks to all the helpers I had on Saturday, especially to Mike (DSOM4ME) for the use of his garage and lift.

YEA, BUT IS IT ANY FASTER?

It shouldn't be....there's no real power to be gained by installing the x-pipe and mufflers.

If your asking about the new 2011, same SAE 505 HP LS7 but the car I drove did have the new ZR1 wheels and brakes, Michelin PS ZP's, and the Magnetic Ride. I like those new Michelins to the point I'm switching to them after the Invo's are toast. The Mag ride was nice as well, but obviously there's no way to really compare them on just a test drive. :)

The ZR1 was bad a$$ but the yearly plates alone would be a hard thing to accept here in AZ...well above $2K a year :facepalm: By comparison, my friend Rob's ZR1 is registered in Florida at $35.00/Year

By comparison, my friend Rob's ZR1 is registered in Florida at $35.00/Year

And no state taxes either...go figure.

By comparison, my friend Rob's ZR1 is registered in Florida at $35.00/Year

And no state taxes either...go figure.

Yep. He figures he saved around $10K+ in just tax/licenses fees alone, on top of the $14K off msrp and 0% financing he got on his deal. Lucky stiff :yeah:

Ding-Dong

me: Who is it ?

stranger: UPS, with a new bump stick for the FNBADAZ06 Posted Image

me: SWEET !!!!! :banannasword:

stranger: I also have your new Katech Carbon Fiber ZR1 Splitter here as well. You want that in the garage next to FNBADAZ06 ?

me: Nah. I'll bring it inside so I can have Roberto clear bra this one first before the install :thumbs

stranger: You know, you look very familiar to me...do you do TV commercials?

me: Nah. Stay Thirsty My Friend :smilelol

:funnypost: well hopefully it won't rust sitting in the garage until 2014 when your warranty is up!

I'm not going to make it to 2014...I may not make it to 3/2012 ...hint, hint :edward:

Other pieces will arrive over the next month or so :thumbs

Ain't got nuttin' on you, dawg :chris

Only in that I can drive mine at the moment while your's is apart :lol