Bryan, did you two get your hair parted?

F22trainer

How close were those tornadoes to you? Thinking of moving back yet???

Hope all is well.

I thought about you last night when I heard on the news that it hit TN hard. Hope everything and everybody is okay. You Dad and Mom are back there too aren't they?

I thought about you last night when I heard on the news that it hit TN hard. Hope everything and everybody is okay. You Dad and Mom are back there too aren't they?

Mine are in Va...actually still here, but they looked at property here yesterday and today. Mom's sick of Va. - and the hurricane season. They got clobbered pretty good a few years ago and I thought dad was ready to move then, but he's a bit stubborn.

Guess he figures they got hit once in 30 years he won't get hit again.

They live on a river about 2 miles inland from the Chesapeake Bay and even though the house is raised, the water was only about an inch from coming inside! It was quite a mess as it was and even more amazing none of the numerous, very large pine trees didn't land on the house.

Well, Friday night was the first wave of storms.

--- note --- when you live somewhere other than Arizona you must watch the weather at least once or twice daily to see what will happen.

The day was a bit rainy, but what the heck, nothing to worry about. Until about 8 p.m. when the cable tv cut to a screen saying "Tornado Warning -- Rutherford County" -yep, that's where we live. Spring Hill (Home of the Saturn plant) was getting their ass handed to them with hail and high winds. The radar on TV shows "shear indicators" where the wind is heading both away and towards the Doppler radar station. That means rotation and that means TOR FUCKING NA-DO !! Yeah, and the directional indicators on the tv -- the point right at our house. No shit -- right at the cross roads of two major highways that are a block away.

Well, after waiting for about 1/2 hour for our house to take flight the storm misses us by a few miles.

Skip to Sunday -- 15 - 20 people killed by storms in western TN and again they are headed our way. Spring Hill gets slammed again and the shear indicators are huge and strong this time -- and right at our house again. This time we got pea - marble sized hail at about 12:30 a.m. and the second storm slammed us at 2:00 a.m. The second storm had no tornadic activity but had 70 MPH wind, rain and hail. We got all 3 again. I didn't get to bed until 3:30 a.m.

WELCOME TO TENNESSEE !!! At least none of the storms near us killed anyone but lots of people west of us lost their lives.

So much for the worst weather being 122 degrees or a dust storm. This shit kills people, destroys houses and at the least - scares the holy hell out of me.

and yes, my parents (who live 4 miles west) are ok too. Thanks for asking.

Glad to hear the Seery family is well and alive! :thumbs Sorry for your neighbors and their loses! :angelsad

Wow Bryan, All I can think of is to tell you to grab ahold of something solid...

We don't want you looking like this guy ---> :willy

Glad to hear you and your folks are okay! :thumbs

Just remember that was a two way highway you moved on. We'll take you back anytime. We might give you crap about it but you'd expect that.

Well, I am coming back.

F' this weather shit !!

Friday we are expecting another round of house relocating storms and I have had enough already.

No -- I have to come back to PHX for work, but my work is in Safford Arizona. I will be flying out Monday to PHX and then driving another 4 hours to Safford. A few days in Safford and then back to PHX and then to Nashville. I hope to have time to spend either Wed. or Thursday in PHX. If I do, I will try to let everyone know by Tue evening.

Glad to hear you and your folks are okay! :thumbs

Just remember that was a two way highway you moved on. We'll take you back anytime. We might give you crap about it but you'd expect that.

...that goes for me too B.

Also glad to hear your folks are well.

HEY - we actually got a recordable amount of rain today, along with some really gutsy (not a typo) breezes! 30 - 35 knots!

Seriously, our thoughts are with you...those warnings don't give ya much time, do they.

Miss ya, man - but it's cool having the net'.

bigyellowtruck.com

:eek

Glad to hear everthing is ok in your neck of the woods..... Good luck on the next round....

Andrew